• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julio'$ Mega $$$ Deal with the Mariners being finalized

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand where this the Mariners don’t spend comes from? Their last competitive window from 2015-2019 they were anywhere from 8-13th in payroll in all of baseball. I’ve always thought they would spend money they were just poor at where they put their money. Before that from 2001-2010 they anywhere from 7th-13th in payroll.
So 7th to 13th in your example is considered competitive? This is a team that has no competition rivalry wise in Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and obviously WA. They market to all these places plus Vancouver BC. They have their own network. They should be Top 5 every non rebuild year (and I laugh at that term). No excuses other than what fans make for them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t you made a separate thread not long ago outlying his real test? By locking him in long term, shouldn’t this be the first step in building around him and could potentially bring in some veterans? That is his “test” right?
Rodriguez was previously under team control through the 2028 season, when he would be in his final year of arbitration. Now, he won't hit free agency until 2037, when he will be 36 years old.6 hours ago

Julio Rodriguez contract details: Mariners ink rookie phenom to massive extension​

https://www.sportingnews.com › mlb › news › mariners-j...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont know how paying him 15 mil a year helps...starting..???next year

seems more like shooting your..profit margins...in the foot.....and a 230..mil tax...

but it still may be ok...if 200 mil is no prob..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From julio..side..it looks good ...
From a fan side we don't lose him..

But the mariners business model..
Idk..
And the whole C ano thing...idk..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does prolonged injury do..idk

I guess it don't matter if he is not mvp
If he is healthy..the mariners may still pick up the option ..or renegotiate

At 7 years.iguess it's.

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was locked in for the next 5 years anyways so not sure how that changes things for the point you are trying to bring up. Do you think it matters to a free agent that JRod will be here in 10 years vs 4 to 5 years which would be the length of a free agent contract most likely? Just saying.
I do think you are underestimating the impact this could happen. Until the Mariners prove otherwise they are always going to have to overpay for free agents. Plus with Julio’s deal, Jerry can throw it in Stanton’s face that they can add an extra year or two. I see your argument about him having to stay here for 4 years but legit free agents aren’t going to sign for a year or two (pitchers don’t count). IMO Julio’s deal gives Jerry now the leverage to not be backed into a corner with saying he needs to massively outbid for free agents like the Cano deal.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then ireguardless..julio can have a 5 year player option..or go free agent..
At that time as well..

So its starting

To sound a bit better.
But..the king did not last...as long as we.
Wanted...him to...
Break my head....so no jinks happens
Hexes
..alexes

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poooofff.there went the..zit..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright..all cleaned..up..salmon..eaters
Tonight..
Alright

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think you are underestimating the impact this could happen. Until the Mariners prove otherwise they are always going to have to overpay for free agents. Plus with Julio’s deal, Jerry can throw it in Stanton’s face that they can add an extra year or two. I see your argument about him having to stay here for 4 years but legit free agents aren’t going to sign for a year or two (pitchers don’t count). IMO Julio’s deal gives Jerry now the leverage to not be backed into a corner with saying he needs to massively outbid for free agents like the Cano deal.
Ok

I have guts enough...you are right..he is not a pitcher
.and 21..yo..
Let's.have at it then..but the salmon dinner.
Is on julio..though..lolo
..not mine..maybe team though
That's not too..expensive..

It would be for you and I though..lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see.stanton
..getting anything..thrown in his face..
Buisness.
Is business.
And better..jedi..
Stands between...us..and..stanton..
For diplomacy.
Sake..

If stanton..did.
Not like it.

It would not happen..
Don't kid yourself..

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was locked in for the next 5 years anyways so not sure how that changes things for the point you are trying to bring up. Do you think it matters to a free agent that JRod will be here in 10 years vs 4 to 5 years which would be the length of a free agent contract most likely? Just saying.
Meh… damn if you do… damn if you don’t.

You made a point about how he’s a once in a generation player like ARod and Griffey but is hesitant about giving him this contract because he’s had 108 games under him?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway..he will make tons on julio..
Jersys..

They just went.
From 20..to 40..lololp

Like nike......like mike..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still sell..griffy..jerseys...to this day.
Edgar
Bone.

So the deal..could be ..fruitful.
Verry...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh… damn if you do… damn if you don’t.

You made a point about how he’s a once in a generation player like ARod and Griffey but is hesitant about giving him this contract because he’s had 108 games under him?
Hell ya. Locking him up is great if he has another option to go elsewhere but he didn't until 2029. We won't pay hitters to come here, or can't, but will pay a hitter who is already signed? Ya ok. Great money management there. I don't say wait until 2028 to extend, but why not wait until after next season?

I mean in the end it won't matter because Seattle won't add talent around him of any great value so welcome Felix 2021 version.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't see this changing anything in regards to outside players. I mean good for Julio. The guy has the right attitude and he won't mail it in after the money like some might so good.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't see this changing anything in regards to outside players. I mean good for Julio. The guy has the right attitude and he won't mail it in after the money like some might so good.
Maybe something doesn’t happen, but this is a positive for the franchise and can only attract other players or at least puts Jerry into the ability of not having to offer an extra 5 million a year or adding an extra 1 or 2 years.

Now that this is done, it can’t be too much longer before a Castillo extension is going to be announced. I am truly shocked this got done during the season, for sure thought this was an off-season move.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that this is done, it can’t be too much longer before a Castillo extension is going to be announced. I am truly shocked this got done during the season, for sure thought this was an off-season move.
100% agree.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh yeah...went a bit to far.

With a shot ..butty..car..

Night..all..
Lololo

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell ya. Locking him up is great if he has another option to go elsewhere but he didn't until 2029. We won't pay hitters to come here, or can't, but will pay a hitter who is already signed? Ya ok. Great money management there. I don't say wait until 2028 to extend, but why not wait until after next season?

I mean in the end it won't matter because Seattle won't add talent around him of any great value so welcome Felix 2021 version.
Ehh... that type of opinion completely ignores that the players are humans and can get disgruntled with their employer easily if not treated well. Taking a wait and see approach with a generational talent is playing with fire if you're a generally unattractive baseball destination.