• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Journell

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He shouldn't ver have a scholly at vt again. Most kickers, good ones, don't get the chance to play college football on scholarship. Why should he get a second chance on scholarship? Let him back on with no schollie and a short leash

As far as Christopher ... A kid who can kick 60 yarders ..
Let's just say that if we don't offer him a scholarship, someone will

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the way Beamer worships FGs I predict he will do whatever is necessary to keep Journell on the team. In my perfect scenario Journell would come back on the team for this year even if it takes allowing him to keep his scholarship, and then he would screw up again and lose it to this new guy Christopher

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The overlap between Journell and Christopher would only be for one year, right? It wouldn't be the worst decision ever made even if it came to that.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The overlap between Journell and Christopher would only be for one year, right? It wouldn't be the worst decision ever made even if it came to that.

I don't know what year Journell is in but all I know is that you can't afford to have more than one kicker on scholarship and VT needs all the help it can get on offense this year especially if they are going to go conservative in the red zone again...which I foresee happening

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know what year Journell is in but all I know is that you can't afford to have more than one kicker on scholarship and VT needs all the help it can get on offense this year especially if they are going to go conservative in the red zone again...which I foresee happening

I agree about not having two kicking scholarships - I'm pretty sure I said the same - but remind me what happens on fourth down when you're conservative in the red zone?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I doubt Journell will be back on scholarship if he's to rejoin the team.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree about not having two kicking scholarships - I'm pretty sure I said the same - but remind me what happens on fourth down when you're conservative in the red zone?

Kick a FG? Which is what I was saying but it shouldn't have to come to that as often as it did last year or most years for VT in fact

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kick a FG? Which is what I was saying but it shouldn't have to come to that as often as it did last year or most years for VT in fact

Hmmm....let's see.

Last year Tech had a new QB, and an RB who lost yardage as often as he gained it in the Red Zone. Additionally, we didn't have a dominant TE. That narrowed the passing game in the Red Zone to trying to hit Coale, Boykin, or Davis...something our opponents knew and planned for appropriately.

This coming year we'll be looking at the following new starters on offense: 4 OLs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and a new RB. Just curious, but do you think that's a recipe for success in the Red Zone early next season?

Now how many FGs do you think we'll be kicking in the Red Zone?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hmmm....let's see.

Last year Tech had a new QB, and an RB who lost yardage as often as he gained it in the Red Zone. Additionally, we didn't have a dominant TE. That narrowed the passing game in the Red Zone to trying to hit Coale, Boykin, or Davis...something our opponents knew and planned for appropriately.

This coming year we'll be looking at the following new starters on offense: 4 OLs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and a new RB. Just curious, but do you think that's a recipe for success in the Red Zone early next season?

Now how many FGs do you think we'll be kicking in the Red Zone?

Yeah that's it, blame it all on the players and expect failure. I understand the expecting failure part though. Effective play calling can overcome weaknesses in an offense to an extent but VT fans don't get to see that. David Wilson was not the problem in the redzone. I watched all of the games and there was constant penetration by the defense in the redzone. Nobody could get out the holes Wilson was put in by the playcalling and O-line. After reading what people say about Wilson on message boards you'd think he had 2 dozen runs like that one in the Sugar Bowl. It's absurd

And as I've said before on here if the O-line stinks this year then I'm hoping like hell that Newsome is gone

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh and the defenses planned for passes to the WRs? Why couldn't VT run the ball in the redzone then?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL.

Fooz, I can no longer respond to your crackpot bs with a straight face.

It's obvious you have no real understanding of the game or what goes on behind the scenes.

Why don't you go on back to the kids' table and let the adults talk, okay?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official

Case resolved for Virginia Tech kicker Cody Journell - Roanoke.com

I am sure we will hear something about "reinstatement" in the next month??
We could definitely use this guy. Our kicking game is horrific, Meyer is gone and the other guys obviously aren't ready yet. Beams needs (and I think he will) to give this guy one another chance..

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testimony from December revealed that Hudson and Allen went searching for Brady and Dunton once the trio left, resulting in a physical altercation in front of Brady and Dunton's apartment before police arrived. Hudson and Allen were never charged with a crime. Pfolchan asked Hudson on Monday how he knew where Brady and Dunton lived. Hudson said their Lee Street address was on the pizza box Dunton used to conceal the gun.

Pfolchan then told Hudson, "You are not telling the truth are you?"

"I am telling the truth," Hudson replied.

Numerous times Monday, the defense attempted to use details from the altercations, but Williams allowed little latitude, keeping the focus during the proceedings on the alleged breaking and entering.

In testimony Monday, it was revealed that Brady is suing Hudson for $125,000 in civil court for assault.

that's shitty

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testimony from December revealed that Hudson and Allen went searching for Brady and Dunton once the trio left, resulting in a physical altercation in front of Brady and Dunton's apartment before police arrived. Hudson and Allen were never charged with a crime. Pfolchan asked Hudson on Monday how he knew where Brady and Dunton lived. Hudson said their Lee Street address was on the pizza box Dunton used to conceal the gun.

Numerous times Monday, the defense attempted to use details from the altercations, but Williams allowed little latitude, keeping the focus during the proceedings on the alleged breaking and entering.

In testimony Monday, it was revealed that Brady is suing Hudson for $125,000 in civil court for assault.

that's shitty

$125K? That's nothing. He should take a page out of the RIAA's book and sue for at least a trillion. That way you can settle for 1% and get a billion.

Relevance

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's shitty

Pretty clever story on how Hudson knew the address. True or not, that's a little stroke of genius.

As for Journell, I could care less about him. I know a couple of guys from the same area as he is. They both echo what others have said here in that its not really a surprise he was involved and he's a pretty selfish guy. He's not worth having on the team. In all honesty, he really didn't show the makings of a great kicker either. Just have an open try out and live with it.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anything come back about Journell's reinstatement (if it has happened)?