• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon: Facing Suspension - Failed Drug Test

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob I use to think football players were dumb in hs with them barely passing classes with 1.8 gpas but this clown just sealed my opinion on majority of these guys. They are just plain stupid and its no excuse for it. There are players out there less talented who would work twice as hard just to get a roster spot but are denied. And then you have these ignorant little.shits who can't follow rules for the sake of millions. Smh

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem Icefreeze. I am definitely not talking out of my butt because I did the work at Penn State. If you read a number of those papers you'll see the connection to weed use and chronic long-term memory loss. If you want to trash your memory when you are young deliberately, I find that completely ridiculous because as you get older it happens automatically-some worse than others. Why would anyone want to deliberately do that? The thing with alcohol (and depending on the individual) the effects aren't as pronounced until a substantial chronic and oft times excessive (many years) use occurs and then you see memory loss. Weed is way more destructive and quicker by decades less. Keep reading, you'll find those connections.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated Shopson that alcohol in large amounts was good for your brain. It can kill as well. And no I don't drink much at all. Are you slushhead? Perhaps so.

Yada, yada, yada about the medicinal purposes of cannabis. That's like saying I am going to sacrifice my long-term memory so I can control my seizures when there are plenty of legitimate seizure medications that do the same thing and a person's long-term memory is not destroyed.

That medicinal argument has the same validity as stating making abortion illegal will return women to back alley coat hanger abortions when there are no recorded incidents of that kind in nearly 40 years of abortion. It amazes me what people will believe to push their agenda.

There are cases where certain strains can control seizures that otherwise cannot be controlled.

No, I am not much of a drinker, just the occasional beer.

Of course lost memory is a problem, but alcohol has many negative affects on the body other than memory loss (and to be fair, so does smoking of course). Each individual has to weigh those consequences, but it isn't enough to criminalize use when substances like tobacco and alcohol are legal and easily obtainable. Marijuana should be just a legal as alcohol or tobacco. The only reasons it isn't are the too-powerful lobbyists with their stranglehold on this country's elected officials.

Another unfortunate side effect of making marijuana illegal is the loss of the hemp industry, which could save many farmers' livelihoods. Of course, being able to grow and sell marijuana would open up another profitable industry country-wide.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make the same arguments for the sex workers industry commonly known as prostitution and except for Nevada, that is illegal as well. It still doesn't justify the behavior as positive or healthy and certainly not something you want to promote. You just continue to make these broad generalities as the foundation for your morality without any indication of understanding the rudimentary basis for moral absolutes. Just not in your cognitive repertoire obviously. Perhaps maturation is needed.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make the same arguments for the sex workers industry commonly known as prostitution and except for Nevada, that is illegal as well. It still doesn't justify the behavior as positive or healthy and certainly not something you want to promote. You just continue to make these broad generalities as the foundation for your morality without any indication of understanding the rudimentary basis for moral absolutes. Just not in your cognitive repertoire obviously. Perhaps maturation is needed.

:omg::10::agree:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god is right. I read it wrong and thought he said masturbation. :bolt:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another unfortunate side effect of making marijuana illegal is the loss of the hemp industry, which could save many farmers' livelihoods. Of course, being able to grow and sell marijuana would open up another profitable industry country-wide.

You could make the same arguments for the sex workers industry commonly known as prostitution and except for Nevada, that is illegal as well.

Prostitution legalization will help farmers?
I can't keep up with this debate!
I'm also for decriminalization. Pretty easy to see IMO.
Too much money is being spent locking up non-violent criminals that do more harm to themselves than they do to others.
If putting people in jail wasn't profitable, only the real F-ups would be in there, not people that use a plant that grows in the wild for "illegal" purposes. People should govern themselves more than others. Unfortunately our financial system is based off of one big ponzi scheme and we need to generate money by harassing our own citizens.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh O.K. Ice. I suppose you are going to tell me that cannabis is good for ya. Just to let you know, I have Master's degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and now the data is slowly coming out that indeed cannabis destroys long-term memory by disrupting protein folding in the brain. Sure. Cannabis is great stuff. So don't dude me with an "its only weed" line. Capeeche?

I agree with you Retro. I've done my share of hemp in my life and the only good thing it ever did for me was to steer me away from anything harder. That's not the case for everyone.
I was at one time...wait, hold it, i forgot what I was going to say...lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Condescension noted.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Shopson. I am just reminding you of your rant where you called me immature and that I should get over the gay issue after I presented quite a few facts both here and on the general forum board thread. I find it arrogant that you would do that and then accuse me of condescension.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Shopson. I am just reminding you of your rant where you called me immature and that I should get over the gay issue after I presented quite a few facts both here and on the general forum board thread. I find it arrogant that you would do that and then accuse me of condescension.

Immature may not be the right word, but your religion-based inability to accept gays is troubling to me. That said, its obviously not going to change, so I tried to leave that argument alone. Of course, it's ending up in nearly every other thread, so it's tough to dodge.

How is continuing to humble brag about your education and accusing me of not being able to comprehend your argument not come off as condescending? You made your point; marijuana has shown signs of potentially harming long term memory. I made my point; that is a worry, but not enough to make something illegal. If it was, all of these "medications" advertised on TV would be illegal with their laundry list of side effects, including death. Cigarette smoking would clearly be illegal. Diet soda would be illegal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does something trouble you when presented with information that is contrary to what you have been exposed to and believe and is often based in the research that I have participated in? When you go to the doctor and he tells you that a certain lifestyle decision you have chosen may contribute to a problem you may have in the future, you're telling me you would be troubled by that and avoid the argument he has made? Does that not strike you has unwise on your part because he has done the work and passed the tests that gives him the license to make those recommendations to you?

I suppose you would perceive that as condescension as well? The fact of the matter is the doctor has earned the right to make those statements and you have not. That is not condescenion. That is simple reality. So when you have done the research or worked with family pathologies in treatment facilities, I'll accept your assertion that what I stated had a tone of condescenion because you'd then be a colleague that carries a certain unspoken respect and deference that is earned.

Until that time, calling me immature, when I was not, making statements of exaggeration, which I did not, and accusing me of condescenion, when that wasn't my motive demonstrates that you aren't as accepting as you want me to be. You're right, my stance on the gay issue and the legality of weed is supported by 30-years of experience and research-related data and is not going to change because of the conclusions the prepoderance of evidence yield. And for you to come along and basically tell me I don't know what I am talking about (with what background or experience?) reaks of condescenion, the very thing you accuse me of.

So if you want to fight this out, I'll make your life miserable here on this board as often as possible. Or you can simply have an understanding that I know what the hell I am talking about, present some civility on your part, and the respect you are looking for will be realized. As I get to know you and your level of experience, those things will be manifested as well. But if you want to do what you've been doing, then you will realize none of it, and that will be a fact. The choice is yours.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, BTW. I accept gay people for being people. I don't accept their aberrant behavior and choice of lifestyle. There is a distinct difference.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never argued against your research. I simply stated that it isn't enough to make something illegal. Alcohol use can impair liver function, is alcohol illegal? Tobacco use can cause cancer, is tobacco illegal? I never questioned the research.

I hope this was just unfortunate wording: "my stance on the gay issue and the legality of weed is supported by 30-years of experience and research-related data." What experience and research-related data do you have to condemn the gay lifestyle? Not counting reading the bible, of course.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't love the argument that "well there is no facts that say there is a gay-gene so its not genetic" when the sentence "well there is no facts that say its a choice so its not a choice" is just as true. But that is neither here nor there, even if it was a choice, who cares? I don't hate everyone who doesn't make the same choices I do. Personally, I prefer everything private and advertising sex isn't something I think we should promote, so as long as they're being appropriate, do whatever they want! Now if we want to talk about inappropriate public choices, we can bring up a new slew of topics!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a boatload of research out there Shopson ranging from no isolation of a gay gene refuting the notion that you are born gay to psychosocial research indicating that the gay lifestyle is seldom seen in other cultures most notably the one to the south of us. If you want a list, I can provide one just as I did on the general forum board massive discussion we had this apst week about whether a person is born gay or not.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icefreeze, there is ample data to indicate that adopting the live-and-let-live approach is completely unwise because in this life, nothing happens in a vacuum and what somebody does in the privacy of their own home will eventually affect you and me directly and I can explain it to you if you'd like.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icefreeze, there is ample data to indicate that adopting the live-and-let-live approach is completely unwise because in this life, nothing happens in a vacuum and what somebody does in the privacy of their own home will eventually affect you and me directly and I can explain it to you if you'd like.

Well go thing I didn't say anything about that kind of attitude... I think safety and education is the key most of the time.

BTW when we're talking in a legal sense (like I like to do) I highly disagree with the notion of legally punishing them... even if you don't like the "choices" they've made.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already failed a prior test and was given a 2 game suspension and was told then that if he failed another he could be gone a whole year.

Whether the drug was pot or not and how bad or good pot is simply isn't the issue.

If your boss tells you, "Do that again and you're suspended for a year" and you go do it again - you're a moron.

On the bright side....I'm a Steelers fan and am glad we don't have to face him this coming year. :yahoo: