• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon Dynasty Value 2016

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more thing:

If you are sticking with team stats, I think rush yards should be worth a lot more than passing yards. Maybe 1 point for 25 rush yards and 75 pass yards?

I say this, because teams like NE would have really strong O-line stats under your current system, even though their O-line is actually very poor. When Edelman is healthy, Brady gets the ball out before the defense can get to him and the offense piles up yards despite a bad offensive line.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might their be a way to use profootball focus grades?

Team stats make sense, but if you go that route, you might as well use a team OL. It kind of sucks that Joe Thomad would get penalized if his teammates get burned.
It would be possible but it just wouldn't be automated and scored by the system.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more thing:

If you are sticking with team stats, I think rush yards should be worth a lot more than passing yards. Maybe 1 point for 25 rush yards and 75 pass yards?

I say this, because teams like NE would have really strong O-line stats under your current system, even though their O-line is actually very poor. When Edelman is healthy, Brady gets the ball out before the defense can get to him and the offense piles up yards despite a bad offensive line.
And that's a good point. Maybe I'll bring that up at our next owners meeting in March.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an awkward fit for fantasy.
It's there more for the realism than anything. The league is set up to mimic the NFL, right down to starting players and a salary cap that matches the NFL's each year.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Teammate SS Donte Whitner said suspended WR Josh Gordon ballooned to 255 pounds during his one-year ban but has since gotten back to his playing weight.

"I remember seeing him at the [Metropolitan at the] 9 downtown and him being like 255 pounds, and then going on down to four or five or sixth months later, shedding 20, 25, 30 pounds and looking like he did before the suspension started," Whitner said. Gordon understandably was probably down in the dumps after he was banned indefinitely last spring, but he's stayed out of trouble and looks to be well on his way to earning reinstatement in the very near future." - Rotoworld

#Doritos

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him that he looks to be on the verge of re-Instatement. I am not ready to assume he will be a fantasy force again though. There is a lot that has to go right for that to happen.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my starting WR3? yes please.

Take him in the first 5-6 rounds? no thank you.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my starting WR3? yes please.

Take him in the first 5-6 rounds? no thank you.

Think I'd rather have him as a WR4 rather than a weekly starter - - you just never know with him, especially after being out for the entire 2015 season and part of 2014. ...... plus QB situation is still up in the air.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'd rather have him as a WR4 rather than a weekly starter - - you just never know with him, especially after being out for the entire 2015 season and part of 2014. ...... plus QB situation is still up in the air.

agree completely, I was looking at my WR3 last year in one league, some kid named Charles Johnson that I thought was going to be a beast in Minny. Figured Gordon couldn't do much more harm than the 9 rec/127 yd turd of a season that Johnson put up.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus QB situation is still up in the air
In the eternal debate, "does a WR make a QB better, or does a QB make a WR better?".... this one tilts in Josh Gordon's favor. He's had the polar opposite of elite talent at QB. Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer and may even have catches from Thaddeus Lewis, Colt McCoy and Johnny Manziel.

Many "good" receivers need a decent QB. However, Gordon is a guy that can make plays. In fact, I'd even go out on a limb to say that in order for Gordon to succeed, maybe a mediocre QB is in his best interests.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the eternal debate, "does a WR make a QB better, or does a QB make a WR better?".... this one tilts in Josh Gordon's favor. He's had the polar opposite of elite talent at QB. Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer and may even have catches from Thaddeus Lewis, Colt McCoy and Johnny Manziel.

Many "good" receivers need a decent QB. However, Gordon is a guy that can make plays. In fact, I'd even go out on a limb to say that in order for Gordon to succeed, maybe a mediocre QB is in his best interests.

Gordon was that guy, but it was a long time ago. Don't forget, he was pretty terrible when he last played.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee Josh Gordon will not be on any of my teams next year. 100%

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was that guy, but it was a long time ago. Don't forget, he was pretty terrible when he last played.
I don't know that I'd call a five game sample size evidence of someone being terrible. If we take a 5 game sample size of last year's #1 WR, Antonio Brown, like say weeks 4-8, he wasn't much better, yet was hands down the best guy to have. Not in any way saying I think Gordon will be an instant stud, but I wouldn't write him off in any way based on that 5 game sample.

The guy has value, and immense risk. I would slap a WR4-WR3 value on him, weighing both the upside and the risk. Problem is, someone is going to put him in the WR2-WR1 value range, so the question is what's your team's risk tolerance? Can your dynasty team afford a bust in the top few rounds? If so, take the chance. The safer play is to stay away from him unless he falls into the eigth or so.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and immense risk
Boom!
I guarantee Josh Gordon will not be on any of my teams next year. 100%
Think I'd rather have him as a WR4 rather than a weekly starter
I'd take him as a WR3. And current consensus rankings have him as the 36th WR. But overly optimistic fantasy owners will continue to push Gordon's value up. I can guarantee that he will go too early for even my taste in most of my drafts. So similar to TKO, he won't be on the board when I'd like to draft him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, people think Josh Gordon is different from Brandon Lloyd.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Travis Benjamin personally, but its looking more and more likely he doesn't sign with the Browns.

With T-Ben gone, I'd definitely take the chance on Gordon as WR3. T-Ben stays, I'm in the same boat as the rest, someone else will value him and take a bigger risk than I am willing to.

I'd gladly take 100K per year to just follow Gordon around and slap blunts out of his mouth and be his sober driver. Browns have any 'handler' positions open for this season?