• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Dariel Abreu

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really zeroed in on the "Cuban league is about the level of the California league" and "Cuban league has a canyon-sized gap between the best and worst Serie Nacional players, and uneven competition dominates league play".

So I'd start him in AA and move him to AAA if he kills it, and he could be getting a lot of those hits off of crappy pitching. If I were a team and scouting him, I'd like him to take batting practice off my ace pitcher.

I also think that he'd get a longer look by an AL team (or one that needs a 1B).

The other thing these players need is to learn the language. Some teams leave them in the minors more to get to get acclimated to a new way of life and their progression usually has as much to do with their out of baseball life.

I know you hate to see it, but look at the cubs with Castro and Lake. Lake has more tools, signed for almost twice castro money, Castro picked up the language enough and flew thru the system, lake is the next in the line of never made it outfielders even though he led the team in most offensive categories.

If he starts tearing things up how old do you think people will say he really is lol.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnFVNXzfbs]2013-03-04 WBC China VS Cuba Jose Abreu Grand Slam - YouTube[/ame]

at least he is used to playing in empty stadiums.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing these players need is to learn the language. Some teams leave them in the minors more to get to get acclimated to a new way of life and their progression usually has as much to do with their out of baseball life.

I know you hate to see it, but look at the cubs with Castro and Lake. Lake has more tools, signed for almost twice castro money, Castro picked up the language enough and flew thru the system, lake is the next in the line of never made it outfielders even though he led the team in most offensive categories.

If he starts tearing things up how old do you think people will say he really is lol.

Is Puig what happens when they are not acclimated?
:-)gaah:I'm such a hater!)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll fit better on the White Sox just because he can DH, which I think he's destined to do. If teh Giants had a DH spot, I would have wanted the Giants to sign him, even at that money. Given our situation, it wasn't the right fit.

:agree::agree: