• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Taylor requests trade

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Taylor if he sits. If I'm Irsay, I'm franchise tagging his ass for the next two years after this one as well, let him sit 3 years then try to get a job. It's a contract year, ball out this year and then you will get your bag of money. This crap halfway through contracts drives me nuts, you signed a deal now honor it.
Fuck the Colts if they don't pay their best player. Why even have a team.

They moved the franchise to indianapolis now fucking honor it by paying for your talent.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Colts if they don't pay their best player. Why even have a team.

They moved the franchise to indianapolis now fucking honor it by paying for your talent.
I agree they should pay him, but not until he honors the current deal. He signed a contract, now honor it. You have a weird obsession with these players, I remember you slobbing all over Antonio Brown while he was acting like a jackass. Weird hill to die on.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should pay him, but not until he honors the current deal. He signed a contract, now honor it. You have a weird obsession with these players, I remember you slobbing all over Antonio Brown while he was acting like a jackass. Weird hill to die on.
He won't get paid after his contract. These other RBs ahead of him in age are proving it. Why are you ignoring that?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That always happens. Give him 15 and he’s top of the market where he should be. I don’t blame the guy. He’s getting run into the ground by a rudderless poorly run franchise.

Yeah anytime a back is getting the ball 300x or more they are most definitely getting ran into the ground. at the same time he missed 4 games and when he did player they went 3-7 with him and only ran for 100+ yards twice all last season. People overlook his 2022 campaign and just focus on 2021 and 20.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get paid after his contract. These other RBs ahead of him in age are proving it. Why are you ignoring that?
I'm not ignoring anything, you can trying to compare multiple teams and owners, no one knows what Irsay will do until the time comes. But I'm petty as fuck, if he sits out this year and I'm Irsay, I'm ruining him for anyone else. I'm franchise tagging him for the next 2 seasons, and I may even offer Dalvin Cook the exact deal that JT is asking for just because.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah anytime a back is getting the ball 300x or more they are most definitely getting ran into the ground. at the same time he missed 4 games and when he did player they went 3-7 with him and only ran for 100+ yards twice all last season. People overlook his 2022 campaign and just focus on 2021 and 20.
Exactly, he hasn't earned that kind of money yet. One good season does not grant one a huge deal.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a passing league now, WR are more valuable than RB's, it is what it is.
Name ten receivers more important to an offense than Taylor.

It being a passing league changes nothing. Taylor's career is short and while he's killing it his first 5 years he's going to get paid less than 50 WRs over that timeframe.

You think Beckham is worth more than Taylor?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name ten receivers more important to an offense than Taylor.

It being a passing league changes nothing. Taylor's career is short and while he's killing it his first 5 years he's going to get paid less than 50 WRs over that timeframe.

You think Beckham is worth more than Taylor?
No I don't, but what you and I think don't matter, what matters is the league perception and that perception right now is that RB's are a dime a dozen.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything, you can trying to compare multiple teams and owners, no one knows what Irsay will do until the time comes. But I'm petty as fuck, if he sits out this year and I'm Irsay, I'm ruining him for anyone else. I'm franchise tagging him for the next 2 seasons, and I may even offer Dalvin Cook the exact deal that JT is asking for just because.
You and owners that would do that are the problem. Using your power and longevity to abuse the less powerful. That's why someone will have to change the current rules.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, he hasn't earned that kind of money yet. One good season does not grant one a huge deal.
Why'd they draft him? Did they think he was going to suck? He was always headed for a big deal ever since college and then he tore up the NFL too.

Giving him a shit Oline is no way to treat your 15+ million value back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't, but what you and I think don't matter, what matters is the league perception and that perception right now is that RB's are a dime a dozen.
Taylor's not a dime a dozen. Only some bitchy lawyer/finance cunts could say or think that.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I love JT and while I think more of this is on his douchebag agent than him since he has shown no signs of being this me first, greedy type guy, he needs to honor the deal he signed. That's what a contract is. He agreed to a certain salary for a certain number of years, he signed it of his own free will. He is financially as well off as anyone could be on this planet right now, it's not like he is hurting for the dough. Irsay has a history of taking care of his guys, he will pay the man, but he is not getting 18 mill like he is asking for.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I love JT and while I think more of this is on his douchebag agent than him since he has shown no signs of being this me first, greedy type guy, he needs to honor the deal he signed. That's what a contract is. He agreed to a certain salary for a certain number of years, he signed it of his own free will. He is financially as well off as anyone could be on this planet right now, it's not like he is hurting for the dough. Irsay has a history of taking care of his guys, he will pay the man, but he is not getting 18 mill like he is asking for.
His contract doesn't exist in a vacuum. He saw what happened to Barkley, asked what the Colts thought about paying him and didn't like the answer. So he asked for a trade. Reasonable.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract doesn't exist in a vacuum. He saw what happened to Barkley, asked what the Colts thought about paying him and didn't like the answer. So he asked for a trade. Reasonable.
I get it, it sucks when you are playing well and want to be paid, and given some assurance, but at the same time - as you said, his contract doesn't exist in a vacuum - RB's simply are not as valuable as they were 10-15+ years ago. The days of every winning team needing to have a superior bell-cow RB to help carry the team to championships is over. The NFL has moved to a wide-open passing league that is now geared towards teams having 2, and even 3, RB's rotate by committee.

The reality is - the dropoff in talent is less between RB's as a whole than other skill positions in an NFL that prioritizes passing the ball. Will they be as good? Maybe not, but the dropoff from a #1 RB to a #2 RB is smaller than say from a #1 WR to a #2 WR, and even more of a drop-off from a #1QB to a #2QB...so, in that order, QB's are getting PAID, #1 WR's are getting PAID, and even #2 WR's are getting PAID....while the position that takes the biggest hit on that scale, RB's, has seen a decrease in their value and as such, a decrease in their compensation. Why? Because they can get similar production from other RB's at a much lower cost than they can with other positions.

Sucks for them, but that's how a free market works. Compensation is tied directly to the value in which your position brings, and when they can replace a good amount of that production for less money, that drives down the value of your position...even if you are one of the best. You'll still get paid at the top of your position, but the ceiling of that position is going to be lower by default. It's not the NFL, or the owners, job to make sure every position is "fair"... just like in the "real" world, if you don't like what a job is paying - you are free to find another job.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, it sucks when you are playing well and want to be paid, and given some assurance, but at the same time - as you said, his contract doesn't exist in a vacuum - RB's simply are not as valuable as they were 10-15+ years ago. The days of every winning team needing to have a superior bell-cow RB to help carry the team to championships is over. The NFL has moved to a wide-open passing league that is now geared towards teams having 2, and even 3, RB's rotate by committee.

The reality is - the dropoff in talent is less between RB's as a whole than other skill positions in an NFL that prioritizes passing the ball. Will they be as good? Maybe not, but the dropoff from a #1 RB to a #2 RB is smaller than say from a #1 WR to a #2 WR, and even more of a drop-off from a #1QB to a #2QB...so, in that order, QB's are getting PAID, #1 WR's are getting PAID, and even #2 WR's are getting PAID....while the position that takes the biggest hit on that scale, RB's, has seen a decrease in their value and as such, a decrease in their compensation. Why? Because they can get similar production from other RB's at a much lower cost than they can with other positions.

Sucks for them, but that's how a free market works. Compensation is tied directly to the value in which your position brings, and when they can replace a good amount of that production for less money, that drives down the value of your position...even if you are one of the best. You'll still get paid at the top of your position, but the ceiling of that position is going to be lower by default. It's not the NFL, or the owners, job to make sure every position is "fair"... just like in the "real" world, if you don't like what a job is paying - you are free to find another job.
They are colluding to keep the price of runningbacks down because the guaranteed money is too big for such an injury prone position. They point to Gurley, but Gurley had bad knees before coming into the league. Bad faith.

It's not a free market either. Bad claim by you. The Colts drafted his rights. Get rid of the draft if you want to make some claims about free markets. Taylor would have made much more already in his short career. You aren't arguing for a free market valuation of these players, you are arguing for the Owners to take advantage of players with shorter lifespans by waiting them out and keeping their rights until they're too old to cash in somewhere else.

Maybe the Saudis want to start a Rugby team using all NFL runningbacks...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bold is false, Running backs are just as valuable now as always, teams has just discovered they can run them into the ground before they can make real money and then never pay them. They use RB's that carried offenses for years falling apart after an extension as proof, but that does not prove their value is lower, it proves they break down faster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crap halfway through contracts drives me nuts, you signed a deal now honor it.

When else would you pursue an extension than going into your final year under contract? He's trying to avoid the tag. He wasn't a first rounder, so now 5th year option to navigate.