• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Ryan's "Random" Test

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is totally random.... And I have 100,000,000 dollars in my bank account... yeah that's it ..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is really digging deep to try and nab a Seahawk. I wonder if other NFL clubs are experiencing this?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we assuming the NFL's drug testing policy only includes random tests? I'm just asking because I don't know. I have extensive experience with the Army's policy/program, and it can include tests that are not random should there be probable cause.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable cause will get you tested anywhere.
If he's clean, it will be something he can tell the chicks!
"My body is so hot, they thought I was cheating"
Random. So that means if a guy shows up at camp 50 pounds heavier and rippling muscles - they have to look the other way?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to make the case that the test was random given how quickly it was ordered and administered after these photos were posted. I think part of the problem here is the perception that kickers and punters are just a bunch of weak pushovers, so any pictures or pieces of information that fly in the face of that perception will draw attention. For all we know, Ryan trains like that every offseason and just decided to post those pictures because he was proud of them. I also think we've reached a point with PED use in sports where it doesn't take much to arouse suspicion anymore and leagues are going to take this stuff more seriously out of fear that they'll get called out again for not policing PED use more stringently.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had this discussion before and according to the NFL policy the testing is supposed to be random with non-random testing only occuring when you have an offender who then falls into a different catagory and is subject to regular testing.

According to the CBA rules a certain percentage of teams (25-30% if I recall correctly) are "randomly" chosen every week and on that team something like 10% of the players are "randomly" chosen for testing.

The offseason testing regime is a much smaller percentage. I forget the specifics.

The odds of Ryan getting randomly tested in this case is very, very small. The Player's Association should start challenging the methods used for the "random" testing because the NRL is obviously not following the bylaws.