• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel might lose his college eligibility

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Johnny Manziel suspended for 30 minutes | ProFootballTalk

drop-the-hammer.jpg

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't make any sense. Either he did it or he didn't. Where does the half of a game come from?

I agree.

The NCAA has just gone off the deep end and they either need to clean house and revamp itself or someone needs to put that dog out of it's misery.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Doesn't make any sense. Either he did it or he didn't. Where does the half of a game come from?

It was a compromise.

I think Manziel is lying through his teeth, and I think the NCAA agreed to the 30-minute suspension because it was about as much as they could get with the lack of hard evidence. They probably figured they were getting nowhere in the investigation and taking the 30-minute suspension was more than they might be able to get by continuing investigating from what they had.

Manziel wants people to believe he went to these places to sign a bunch of autographs because he was bored & he's just that nice of a guy. Sure.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was a compromise.

I think Manziel is lying through his teeth, and I think the NCAA agreed to the 30-minute suspension because it was about as much as they could get with the lack of hard evidence. They probably figured they were getting nowhere in the investigation and taking the 30-minute suspension was more than they might be able to get by continuing investigating from what they had.

Manziel wants people to believe he went to these places to sign a bunch of autographs because he was bored & he's just that nice of a guy. Sure.

It's almost certain he's lying but you still either say he did it and hit him with a hard suspension or say you can't prove jack and let him off the hook.

I mean it's silly to get suspended for a half because the NCAA thinks you might be lying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It is silly, but the NCAA must've had SOME leverage or else they wouldn't have gotten the 1/2 game. It was probably just a long shot that Manziel didn't want 'em to pursue, so they made a deal.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so retarded! How do you suspend someone for a half? Lol I have never heard of that.

You either suspend him for a full game or don't. Retarded

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid reason to blow your eligibility, at least get the type of stuff Reggie Bush did... a couple thousand bucks for autograph signing parties? Dummy.

Only to the extent that the twisted system allows colleges, ESPN, media pundits all to profit from an athlete's name, yet handicap the athlete himself. Even at the professional level, athletes who are supposed to know walk to the edge and sometimes cross over the line-fuck the system, they say as they take steroids. How do you expect a young man who has hangers-on and sycophants who make him think he is a superman not to cross or go over?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only to the extent that the twisted system allows colleges, ESPN, media pundits all to profit from an athlete's name, yet handicap the athlete himself. Even at the professional level, athletes who are supposed to know walk to the edge and sometimes cross over the line-fuck the system, they say as they take steroids. How do you expect a young man who has hangers-on and sycophants who make him think he is a superman not to cross or go over?

They could give a low but reasonable stipend to everyone in addition to whatever scholarship/dorm/food plan/tutors they have (not a living but enough to do some things in college) - regardless of stardom/contribution to the team and regardless of school - but then allow them to profit off their names (stars will make more) in exchange for a waiver of their rights to block their name/likeness use in video games. Profit everywhere. But still hit teams hard who offer more than that stipend/scholarship/food plan/dorm/tutors/etc.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Terrelle Pryor, Reggie Bush, and Dez Bryant feel about this 30 minute suspension.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They were talking about this on the radio, and it is 100% clear why Manziel got a slap on the wrist instead of a year suspension or something. The people who leaked this information to ESPN wouldn't talk to the NCAA directly, so the NCAA can't use that information as a source in its investigation.

So like Richard Sherman, Manziel got off on a technicality. The NCAA knows he's guilty as sin, and anyone with a brain knows the guy didn't just go sign 4,000 autographs because he's bored and just that nice of a guy. But since the autorgraph brokers didn't speak to the NCAA directly, they can't use that information.

That's why I'll be rooting against the lying douche.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they need another 3 or 4 years to create a credible case... :noidea:

That would be perfect. Then they can punish the kids who are in 8th grade now who will be at Texas A & M in 4 years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I couldn't decide were to put this, so I decided to put it in a thread with another hue college cheater. Reggie Bush says he can relate to how "blue collar" Detroit is. When was the term "blue collar" synonymous with the term "crap hole?"

That $500K plus your parents got for you going to USC was really blue collar wasn't it Reggie?

36ek.png