• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel might lose his college eligibility

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is becoming a joke right now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news on Johnny Manziel ....Investigation on him taking money for signing autographs and memorabilia right around the time of last years BCS Championship game .

If they take his college eligibility away and they make a decision fast Manziel could be eligible for a supplemental draft in late August. If they wait and take his eligibility away he will have to wait for next years draft.

Look out for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. I can see Manziel in Dallas and jersey sales explode with Jerry smiling all the way to the bank.

This whole situation should be interesting to watch.

Good. he's a piece of shit. If that happens we won't have to hear from him again. He'd be an even bigger flop than tebow in the pros.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on ESPN that there is a sup draft in late August around the 23rd or 24th. They said Manziel would be eligible if they take away his college eligibility. Is there a sup draft or not in late August? Anyone know? :wtf2:

How? He hasn't been out of high school for 3 years. Picking him would be against the same rules that kept Clarrett and Mike Williams out of the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 year old kids with Heisman trophies will be held to a higher standard, as they should be, IMHO.

And what standard is that? As far as anyone knows, he's overslept and gotten drunk a few times. Let's not act as if he's a criminal.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the money part hurts if it is true but I'd be doing the rest if I were him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 year old kids with Heisman trophies will be held to a higher standard, as they should be, IMHO.
Sure, but he should be able to control his own marketing rights. He is clearly worth a ton of money as a college athlete and looks kinda iffy as an NFL prospect.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he should be able to control his own marketing rights. He is clearly worth a ton of money as a college athlete and looks kinda iffy as an NFL prospect.

Marketing rights for his autographs and likeness is a different discussion than underage drinking and making a fool of yourself.

I'm in favor of some form of compensation for college athletes. However that's not the rule today.

The dumbest part is from what I understand his family is loaded. Old oil money or something like that. If that is true, he's a fool. I'd be more compassionate towards a kid who's family has nothing.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what standard is that? As far as anyone knows, he's overslept and gotten drunk a few times. Let's not act as if he's a criminal.

Never said he's a criminal. However, the Heisman is a prestigious award I'm certain there are expectations of winners (on and off the field). I'm sure they are not huge fans of his underage drinking, especially when youth are a big part of the Trust's endeavors.

In my opinion he's not gotten off to a good start and he comes across as a d-bag.

From their site....

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work."

Doesn't sound like Johnny football.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have got to sit him until this is cleared. This kid is a loose cannon and completely incapable of making mature choices. If he is guilty, and they play him, they'll end up forfeiting all the games they win with Johnny M. as QB.

Oh give me a break he's been a loose cannon since he's was a child. I thought that's what everybody liked about him last year.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marketing rights for his autographs and likeness is a different discussion than underage drinking and making a fool of yourself.

I'm in favor of some form of compensation for college athletes. However that's not the rule today.

The dumbest part is from what I understand his family is loaded. Old oil money or something like that. If that is true, he's a fool. I'd be more compassionate towards a kid who's family has nothing.

They don't own alot from oil most of their money comes from real estate.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am so ready with the Nelson Ha-Ha video if he's declared ineligible to play this season...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something interesting on the radio today. Someone was wondering out loud why the collector would turn on Johnny Manziel. The guest on the show stated that when Johnny Manziel copyrighted Johnny Football, EBay in a panic mode shut down all the accounts that were selling things under that description, albeit temporarily. He claimed there were a lot of them. You just need a few to make a big claim, right? (Technically, you just need one but I'd think that that there were a couple.)

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Johnny wants out

Living in a fishbowl can be tough especially on a 20 yr old kid who just beat Alabama and won the Heisman Trophy.

The latest news has Manziel doing 5 different signings and could of possibly made a lot more than just the $7,500 he made for the so called signing around the time of last years BCS Championship game.

I have been wondering why a kid who has to know signing things for money will get him in big trouble with the people in charge would do it with his eligibility possibly being on the line?

Maybe Manziel is tired of college football, tired of College Station, tired of Texas A&M, and really tired of living in a fishbowl without being paid.

He already beat Alabama , had a big year, and won the Heisman and his value can only go down if he loses to Alabama this year and does not win the Heisman, which is a real possibility. He might also suffer a injury and hurt his status.

I think he might want out and here is a way to do it without quitting college and the team. If he loses eligibility all he has to say is sorry and where is my NFL contract. The kid might of just had enough of the whole scene and wants to go pro.

If a kid got a 4 game suspension for signing a jersey for $1,000 how many games will Manziel get for doing 5 signings for some big bucks.

If it is true Manziel made all that money for so many signings he has to be gone for the year and lose his eligibility. We are about to find out if the higher ups in college football let him off because of the money Manziel makes for them or comes after him big time.

Something is fishy though and Manziel might just want out and move on into the NFL.

:wtf2:

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That read like an article. Is that your own commentary? If not, you should cite the source.

And :lol: at the concept of Manziel moving on to the pro's if he quits college football.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That read like an article. Is that your own commentary? If not, you should cite the source.

And :lol: at the concept of Manziel moving on to the pro's if he quits college football.

That is just my opinion . No one really knows what is going on in Manziel's mind these days. He will be in the NFL soon and the Cowboys might be first in line to get him. Jerry Jones knows he can make a ton of money with Johnny Football in Cowboy blue.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is just my opinion . No one really knows what is going on in Manziel's mind these days. He will be in the NFL soon and the Cowboys might be first in line to get him. Jerry Jones knows he can make a ton of money with Johnny Football in Cowboy blue.

That, and Jerry Jones is a terrible GM, so it would make sense that he might draft Manziel.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All college athletes get paid.

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds..... can you?