• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Cueto?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants don't even like Gary Brown. He has been constantly looked over for call ups and appears to be a 5th OF in the future. Duffy looks like a role player.

Cueto may be a FA after the '15 season but he is an elite SP. Would require a lot more from us

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I suspect we don't have the chips someone else could offer for Cueto. Love to see it happen, though!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell does Brown + Duffy net Cueto. That is a trade that a video game would even reject, and it would not allow the override option.

To get Cueto, and I am not talking specifics, because I have no idea what Cincys needs are, we would have to START with Panik and Susac, and probably include Blackburn and/or Crick. And I am not even sure that package gets it done.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell does Brown + Duffy net Cueto. That is a trade that a video game would even reject, and it would not allow the override option.

To get Cueto, and I am not talking specifics, because I have no idea what Cincys needs are, we would have to START with Panik and Susac, and probably include Blackburn and/or Crick. And I am not even sure that package gets it done.

I'd say add Belt, but if memory serves, I think they have a 1B already...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants don't even like Gary Brown. He has been constantly looked over for call ups and appears to be a 5th OF in the future. Duffy looks like a role player.

Cueto may be a FA after the '15 season but he is an elite SP. Would require a lot more from us

Agreed on Brown; he is not a Major League player but I like Duffy, he has a chance to be a very productive player.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if the Reds pay 50% of Cuetos salary, and 75% of whatever we resign him for.

I think you might be underestimating Cueto as a picture, Red's still might be desperate enough, Giants lost out Pablo, Hunter, Lester, if they wanted to make a big splash, there aren't many names out there.

If they were willing to go 6 years $125 mil+ for Lester, you think they throw similar #"s out there for a 2nd tier guy like Cueto? Cueto may not be a FA, but is younger than Lester, has filthy stuff, and is already familiar with the NL.

I would like him on the Giants roster, just so the Giants don't have to face him next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be underestimating Cueto as a picture, Red's still might be desperate enough, Giants lost out Pablo, Hunter, Lester, if they wanted to make a big splash, there aren't many names out there.

If they were willing to go 6 years $125 mil+ for Lester, you think they throw similar #"s out there for a 2nd tier guy like Cueto? Cueto may not be a FA, but is younger than Lester, has filthy stuff, and is already familiar with the NL.

I would like him on the Giants roster, just so the Giants don't have to face him next year.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but even setting aside the autocorrect thing ('picture'), you are saying a lot of incorrect things here. The point we're making is the 2 mid level prospects you proposed dealing for Cueto are laughably less than what it would take to get him, even for the 1 year rental. And THEN if they want to pay a zillion for him they can do so. In 2016. Also the Giants were never in on Hunter, wisely. YOU are underestimating him if you think he can be had for Duffy and Brown and cash.