• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John McEnroe condemns ‘homophobic’ Margaret Court to ‘past where she belongs’

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shriekapova? we aren't a hater are we?

is that what the espn announcers told you to think? or is it just the serena creed of never giving credit to anyone especially sharapova.

sharapova had shoulder problems beginning in 2007 and 2 surgeries thereafter. up until that point they were 2 and 2 h2h.

sharapova never won wimbledon or the us open again. she won the australian just before her second surgery, and then never won that again. all this happened prior to her 21st birthday.

after the surgeries, sharapova lost velocity on her serve and accuracy on her shots.
I think it was the DD boob implant for her modeling career that ruined her game

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are plenty of professional tennis players who peak at 17

but it also matters who is also peaking when you peak. Serena just ended up being one of the best and Maria just couldn't overtake her.

sharapova's shoulder injuries contributed. she had 2 surgeries, and prior to those surgeries was holding her own against serena.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, the Bible also says that a rich man can't go to Heaven and most people kind of breeze by that one....

the bible doesn't really say that.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the first to admit I don't know much about tennis or really follow it, however McEnroe always seemed like an overgrown spoiled brat
I remember watching an epic match between Mac and Borg when I was pretty young, I started out disliking John for being such a whiner but the icy Borg was impossible to warm up to. Pretty sure Mac pulled it out in 5 sets and I went nuts.
John struck me as a less than super elite athlete who did as well as he did because of smarts and toughness....still an asshole, though.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching an epic match between Mac and Borg when I was pretty young, I started out disliking John for being such a whiner but the icy Borg was impossible to warm up to. Pretty sure Mac pulled it out in 5 sets and I went nuts.
John struck me as a less than super elite athlete who did as well as he did because of smarts and toughness....still an asshole, though.
That's my recollection as well. I also remember his ill fated talk show on MSNBC. When one of his guests was @Cyder I knew he was in trouble

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you discount Matthew, Mark, and Luke from the New Testament, then?

god actually gave wealth to many people, abraham, soloman, jacob, joseph, job, etc etc.

what is discouraged is the love of money above true riches.

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.”

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and an attention whore.
I don't think so.

He's just opinionated. He is still relevant to the sport and I would consider him an ambassador for tennis today.

The game needs attention. If he brings it, so be it.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

He's just opinionated. He is still relevant to the sport and I would consider him an ambassador for tennis today.

The game needs attention. If he brings it, so be it.

you are entitled to your opinion, but i view him as more of a bigmouth who likes to hear himself talk. and i don't think the attention he ever brought to the game was actually good attention.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god actually gave wealth to many people, abraham, soloman, jacob, joseph, job, etc etc.

what is discouraged is the love of money above true riches.

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.”
None if which addresses the camel/eye/needle passage.... it's pretty damned clear in what it says

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are entitled to your opinion, but i view him as more of a bigmouth who likes to hear himself talk. and i don't think the attention he ever brought to the game was actually good attention.
I also think he is a big mouth, but I think he is important to the game of tennis.

He can be controversial at times, but he's harmless.