• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Lynch is the new GM for the 49ers

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved John Lynch as both a player and a broadcaster. Hope he performs well at his new gig. I don't have high expectations for him, but hopefully he proves us wrong.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, Mike Nolan is the new LB coach of the saints.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, Mike Nolan is the new LB coach of the saints.

Talking about a tumbling career, from head coach to defensive coordinator, now to a linebackers coach.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Nolan in five years.

will_coach_for_food_shirts-r298e7703c1bb4efdba61ca1e39f47fd8_k21jo_324.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dirt you're alive. Was concerned about you

LOL

I missed one day for Derek Jeters Sake!

Anyway, Im a white guy, and admit a black man would never get the position John Lynch just did, with zero experience

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK

Lebrons' rant on Barkley was legendary

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I missed one day for Derek Jeters Sake!

Anyway, Im a white guy, and admit a black man would never get the position John Lynch just did, with zero experience

#Whiteprivilege

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure was but I just hope he's ready for Barkley response on Thursday. He better have a comeback for that

I love Charles, but cant blame Bron for being tired of his constant attacks on him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a certainty that Shanahan is the HC of the 49ers. He, along with York were most impressed with Lynch during interviews, and it looks as if they're following the Bronco model - Lynch as the GM, surrounded by good personnel men. Mark Dominic, former Bucs GM, is strongly rumoured to be aboard in that role.

It's certainly not the route I would've preferred, but I'll wait to see how it turns out.

It could work out as long as they put good experienced troops underneath him as they appear to be doing...any word on a overview type gig for pops Shanny?

That has been reported here that Kyle wanted his dad to have a role or his dad wanted a role to help rebuild it...the Lynch hire could dovetail into that I think.

I can say, Dan Quinn is not the GM here, but Dimtroff was kept largely because DQ said he could work with him and Pioli (two guys most fans here wanted out) so I expect a similar relationship with Lynch and Shanahan.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could work out as long as they put good experienced troops underneath him as they appear to be doing...any word on a overview type gig for pops Shanny?

That has been reported here that Kyle wanted his dad to have a role or his dad wanted a role to help rebuild it...the Lynch hire could dovetail into that I think.

I can say, Dan Quinn is not the GM here, but Dimtroff was kept largely because DQ said he could work with him and Pioli (two guys most fans here wanted out) so I expect a similar relationship with Lynch and Shanahan.

SF just hired Adam Peters from the Broncos, a respected guy around the league for VP of player personnel, so Lynch is off to a good start. As for Mike Shanahan...latest is that he's not joining....and that's due to Kyle. He is calling a lot of the shots

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF just hired Adam Peters from the Broncos, a respected guy around the league for VP of player personnel, so Lynch is off to a good start. As for Mike Shanahan...latest is that he's not joining....and that's due to Kyle. He is calling a lot of the shots
Good for Kyle.

Admittedly, I was not that high on him as the OC here in ATL. Last year was tough, but clearly he made some changes in his coaching style it became less his way or no way. At the same time, Matt Ryan made some concerted efforts to improve in some areas that he was lacking in this offense and here they are with a chance to win a SB.

He deserves this chance to be the head guy and having his dad around the building everyday is probably not the route I would take either. He's phone call away if he needs some advice.

With him in place now, I really think the mocks for a QB @ 2 will play out.

As a golfer, I understand, yes, it can always be worse, but imo SF is headed in the right direction...Chip Kelly out, most likely Kaep soon to follow.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After reading and watching various commentators on the hiring and the Lynch conference call he had yesterday I'm more positive on the hire. There are still serious concerns there that prevent me from loving the hire but I don't think it will be a Matt Millen fiasco.

I'm more positive on the hire because I believe Lynch will be more of the head coach of the front office and surround himself with quality people and he'll be there to manage and enable them to do their jobs effectively.

Lynch has leadership in spades which is what the 9ers front office desperately needs. Someone that won't allow the drama and toxicity that has built up over the years and that will build a strong culture and a great working environment so people are thriving at their jobs not stabbing people in the back or working against each other.

The other element I like about Lynch is he knows his limitations and is a humble guy. That will be key because that means he's going to listen to the people around him and value their input especially in the areas he's weak at and work hard to become better at the job.

But it's is ultimately about bringing in talent and no matter how great a leader you are the ship will sink if you don't draft well and that's the biggest question mark with Lynch and one that we'll have to wait and see the answer too.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about a tumbling career, from head coach to defensive coordinator, now to a linebackers coach.

He wasn't a bad DC. And he's better than Joe Vitt

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None too happy with this just a couple of months before the draft losing our top college scout. I'm happy for him to get the promotion and recognition of the talent that he brings to an organization just wished the promotion could have happened within the Broncos.