• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox signs new 3 year contract

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Fox gets a lot of crap and I think most of it is completely unjustified. For all the talk about how he's too conservative, he has tailored his offense to his teams strengths, and his players appear to really like him. Put that together with a coach who in 3 years has 3 division championships and 3 playoff wins and I think you've got a very good coach who deserves to stick around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Fox gets a lot of crap and I think most of it is completely unjustified. For all the talk about how he's too conservative, he has tailored his offense to his teams strengths, and his players appear to really like him. Put that together with a coach who in 3 years has 3 division championships and 3 playoff wins and I think you've got a very good coach who deserves to stick around.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Fox definitely gets way too much criticism for what he has been able to do with this team. People forget his first year here he helped take us to the playoffs with Tebow as our quarterback and scoring less than 20 points in games yet still winning. Now the defense didn't play that great this past season but losing 5 starters for most of the season is tough to overcome for any team. I expect the defense to be right back in the top 10 this year (barring injury again) and a big part of that is Fox.

Also can't forget his recruiting ability in all of this. Yes Elway is the closer but he trusts Fox to go and speak to all these Free Agents and convince them that this is the place to be even if that means taking a bit less than what a player could get on the market. Champ spoke very highly of him when he signed his last contract and I would bet many of the Free Agents this year would say a lot of the same things.