• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe's Other Dynasty League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB = Henry, Fourny, Akers, RoJo, Stevenson and a gaggle of 2022 rookies.

Gaggle (I like that word)
1: a flock of geese when not in flight
2: a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization - a gaggle of reporters and photographers
3: an indefinite number - participated in a gaggle of petty crimes

Just looking at those you've listed, I'd say you have a VERY nice team as it stands. Actually feel Treek and Wilson is an over-pay for Mahomes - probably alone in that thought but that's my opinion. In all honesty I'd be looking to move on from Boyd and Lockett as well - perhaps a package with one of them and Treek for whatever position upgrade you feel you need. ....

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tyreek Hill going to Miami, i now have 2 Dolphins WR along with Waddle.

I offered the Mahomes owner Russell Wilson & Tyreek (he has zero starting WR). No repsonse.

I also have Dak.
And for WR, i have Adams, Lockett, Boyd, Skyy Moore, Kalil Shakir & Pringle.

I know i may be offering too much, but i dread the idea of have 2 Fins.
Maybe a little much, but it is Mahomes. I could see how someone may think it is not enough in a dynasty league. If this doesn't work out, maybe try to deal Waddle. Hill's value is a little up in the air right now, though. May be a sell high situation.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at those you've listed, I'd say you have a VERY nice team as it stands. A
My team is good. This is our 4th season. I dominate all season but I have yet to win it all. Stupid FF.

Back to the task at hand, was just making small talk with 1 of the other owners who has Mahomes - he mentioned he has zero starting WR. This is why i was negotiating a Tyreek & Russel Wilson deal for Mahomes. He has nothing else i want.

Probably moot anyway. He has not said anything since.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is good. This is our 4th season. I dominate all season but I have yet to win it all. Stupid FF.

Back to the task at hand, was just making small talk with 1 of the other owners who has Mahomes - he mentioned he has zero starting WR. This is why i was negotiating a Tyreek & Russel Wilson deal for Mahomes. He has nothing else i want.

Probably moot anyway. He has not said anything since.
I get that. Yeah, you could afford to do it and be just fine - but I'm always on the side of get a bit more value than you give. In this case you give up more than what you receive - not a fan of that. Think I'd hold Treek for now and wait for him to explode one week - then if you still feel 2- MIA WR's is contrary to what you want/need make a deal then. .... honestly, if it were me sitting there with no starting WR - I'd make that deal in a heart-beat (even though I have little faith in Tua supporting 2 WR's - one is a stretch IMO). ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'd hold Treek for now and wait for him to explode one week
What if that doesn't happen? What if the pairing of Tua and Hill fizzles ( I think it's likely)? IF you can move Hill for a decent value now I'd do it. I think it would be difficult to find a trade that gives you value TBH, but in a package deal like Joe is trying is the most likely way to find one.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always on the side of get a bit more value than you give.
I feel i am.
Guess its all perspective.
RW & Tyreek are trending down imo.
Mahomes still has upside.

Could swap Dak for RW and ask for a draft pick? idk. I may just sit tight for a while.

Let me just add:
Love RW. He's been good to me. But he does tend to start out hot and cool off by mid-season. Pretty predictable after owning him for 3 seasons.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel i am.
Guess its all perspective.
RW & Tyreek are trending down imo.
Mahomes still has upside.

Could swap Dak for RW and ask for a draft pick? idk. I may just sit tight for a while.

Let me just add:
Love RW. He's been good to me. But he does tend to start out hot and cool off by mid-season. Pretty predictable after owning him for 3 seasons.

I think you have it right shopping RW & Tyreek, you just need to decide which position you want to try to upgrade with those pieces. If it's QB, then the list is pretty obvious, imo, you're targeting Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, LJax, Kyler....and that's it for me, and I'd have a hard time giving up anything significant - like your RW +Tyreek pkg - for any of those "upgrades" outside of Mahomes and Allen.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the time is right to try to deal for Mahomes. Maybe he struggles early and people panic, but losing Hill should place a little doubt in owners to get what they can for him while his value is still in the elite category. I think he will be fine, especially in the long term.

What kind of trading history does the guy you made the offer to have? This may be your biggest obstacle in trying to deal Hill. Finding the right team with the need, who has an owner willing to make deals. I know this has hindered me in the past. It is very frustrating to look at someone else's team and see the clear need and you make a fair offer to fill that need and don't even get a response. Sometimes, it is just better to find the owner who has a history of being willing to make any deal and try to work something out there that you think doesn't make sense for his team. I have learned to always contact certain guys in my league when I am looking to make a deal, no matter how much I don't think they will be interested. You never know when these guys will get an itch and try to deal just to deal.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of trading history does the guy you made the offer to have?
He is fairly active in the trade market. To be honest, i think he has his sights on another player on another team. He may be trying to get something for nothing. Hopefully, the other owner is not buying.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Joe - I said at the very beginning I'd be alone in my evaluation of a Treek/Wilson for Mahomes deal.
I'll sit on my island - but I darn sure won't blame you one bit if you did that deal given that you can afford it. Lefty out.
island.jpg

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tyreek Hill going to Miami, i now have 2 Dolphins WR along with Waddle.

I offered the Mahomes owner Russell Wilson & Tyreek (he has zero starting WR). No repsonse.

I also have Dak.
And for WR, i have Adams, Lockett, Boyd, Skyy Moore, Kalil Shakir & Pringle.

I know i may be offering too much, but i dread the idea of have 2 Fins.

I hate owning two players from the same team, but there are instances where it pays off. I’d still lean to breaking it up though.

More than fair offer. Mahomes owner would be crazy not to say yes.

Risky for you though with Mahomes value in limbo.

What about Allen?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Allen?
Between Dak & Wilson, i am content. I was merely trying to jump on an opportunity from a desperate Mahomes owner.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for some opinions.

I have Dak and RW and both have week 9 as their bye.
These are the only starting available options at QB & their week 9 opponent:

Marcus Mariota (ATL) vs LAC
Drew Lock (SEA) @ ARI

Pick your poison.

Actually... I may wait. Week 9 is a ways off. Opinions still welcome.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew Lock (SEA) @ ARI

Pick your poison.

Yeah waiting may not be a bad idea as it's hard to forecast these two as far out as week 9. Neither are sure things to be starting week 9.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah waiting may not be a bad idea as it's hard to forecast these two as far out as week 9. Neither are sure things to be starting week 9.
Kind of want to add Daniel Jones too. But his bye is also week 9.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew Lock (SEA) @ ARI

Pick your poison.

If you have the roster spot and want to take a stab at it, I guess I go with Lock. I feel like he has the better chance to be starting at that point. Not sure why, though. But I would keep a close eye on the ww for another potential situation that is better.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the roster spot and want to take a stab at it, I guess I go with Lock. I feel like he has the better chance to be starting at that point. Not sure why, though. But I would keep a close eye on the ww for another potential situation that is better.

I actually think Mariota stays as the starter as long as he's healthy. They knew they were rebuilding when they brought Arthur Smith on as HC, and haven't really made a splash at QB position yet. Sure, they'll have to see if they have anything in Ridder, but I don't think Smith's tenure in ATL is dependent on Ridder being their next QB. I still think their long-term plans involve taking a QB in the top 10 next spring, whether that means moving up or down a few spots.