• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe's Other Dynasty League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the opinions. Went ahead and made the trade. Figured having the Fourny cuff along with RJ2 already on my roster was good insurance for a 17 game season on the horizon.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is offering a 2nd round pick for Akers too little? Or am I asking for trouble in making the offer at all?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is offering a 2nd round pick for Akers too little? Or am I asking for trouble in making the offer at all?

yes it is too little. If you want to trade for Akers you got to give them a decent piece for the 2021 season.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers is a tough one right now because his injury is just about the worst one to try and come back from. I'm not sure what to tell you to offer. I haven't seen him traded yet because the people that have him are still trying to get pre-achilles injury prices for him and I'm not so sure that's possible at this point. I would give a 2nd and maybe a RB3 but no more than that, but I have no confidence he comes back and is the same running back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too little IMO but may not appeal as it doesn't offer any thing for this season and a second is more of a long shot to hit in the draft. I see no harm at beginning with a second round pick, because could be that becomes a over pay if Akers doesn't make it back.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't go higher than a 2nd + a fringe flex type player to acquire Akers.

The whole "zero previous RBs being fantasy relevant after this type of injury" thing has me very averse to acquiring any Akers shares.
Is it possible that Akers comes back and is a decent RB2 with RB1 upside as he was before?
sure, there is definitely that outcome within the range of possibilities, but there is a whole lot more percent chance that the outcome from this injury is that Akers isn't a viable fantasy or NFL option at RB any more.

If you are a dynasty team in position to try to take the chance that Akers returns to form, I'd argue that you are just in the same position to circle the wagons around future RBs vs a "might have been" that's suffered an Achilles tear.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it is too little. If you want to trade for Akers you got to give them a decent piece for the 2021 season.

Akers is a tough one right now because his injury is just about the worst one to try and come back from. I'm not sure what to tell you to offer. I haven't seen him traded yet because the people that have him are still trying to get pre-achilles injury prices for him and I'm not so sure that's possible at this point. I would give a 2nd and maybe a RB3 but no more than that, but I have no confidence he comes back and is the same running back.

It's not too little IMO but may not appeal as it doesn't offer any thing for this season and a second is more of a long shot to hit in the draft. I see no harm at beginning with a second round pick, because could be that becomes a over pay if Akers doesn't make it back.

I wouldn't go higher than a 2nd + a fringe flex type player to acquire Akers.

The whole "zero previous RBs being fantasy relevant after this type of injury" thing has me very averse to acquiring any Akers shares.
Is it possible that Akers comes back and is a decent RB2 with RB1 upside as he was before?
sure, there is definitely that outcome within the range of possibilities, but there is a whole lot more percent chance that the outcome from this injury is that Akers isn't a viable fantasy or NFL option at RB any more.

If you are a dynasty team in position to try to take the chance that Akers returns to form, I'd argue that you are just in the same position to circle the wagons around future RBs vs a "might have been" that's suffered an Achilles tear.
Thanks, guys.
I am not one for taking chances on injured players, much less one with an Achilles injury.
That said, I could use a miracle at RB and the owner with Akers needs all kinds of help.
You know me an rookies, I would rather roll the dice with an Akers come back.
A 2nd round pick from me in this league is in the 20 range.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would do it, but I agree that a 2nd and a usuable flex isn't a bad deal if you can afford it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is too little for the exact reason you gave... any team looking at the future, akers still has first round value for being the projected number one RB for a playoff contending team...

If i owned him, any future deals would not be entertained at all... i would want the main piece to be a player that would help e this season...

and i would be looking for a RB 2 or a WR2, anything less, and i would just keep akers in the hope that he is back in 2022..

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is too little for the exact reason you gave... any team looking at the future, akers still has first round value for being the projected number one RB for a playoff contending team...

If i owned him, any future deals would not be entertained at all... i would want the main piece to be a player that would help e this season...

and i would be looking for a RB 2 or a WR2, anything less, and i would just keep akers in the hope that he is back in 2022..
I see both sides. But with the track record of Achilles injuries and the lack of players that have come back from it, getting something now may be better than nothing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both sides. But with the track record of Achilles injuries and the lack of players that have come back from it, getting something now may be better than nothing.

realistically sure. But you never trade a guy at their bottom. If your going to trade future pieces then you may as well wait and see. Can’t hurt. Can only help. A 2nd round pick isn’t going to turn you into a champion. Akers healthy might.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realistically sure. But you never trade a guy at their bottom. If your going to trade future pieces then you may as well wait and see. Can’t hurt. Can only help. A 2nd round pick isn’t going to turn you into a champion. Akers healthy might.
If you're the seller, sure. But I could be the fool in this deal if I bump up the offer only to have Akers find himself out of the NFL.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the seller, sure. But I could be the fool in this deal if I bump up the offer only to have Akers find himself out of the NFL.

oh. I agree to that. As a buyer you want to protect yourself. But you still have to make a deal that the seller would actually do.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:
I have the Ravens DST. They are horrible.
Do I cut them outright, or would you categorize this season as a forgettable "blip" in an otherwise decent defense?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:
I have the Ravens DST. They are horrible.
Do I cut them outright, or would you categorize this season as a forgettable "blip" in an otherwise decent defense?

Depends how necessary and how many other teams carry multiple DST. If they’d be picked up right away, why not try trading them?
That said, yes, dump them if you need an add. (I think you picked up Titans, yes?)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how necessary and how many other teams carry multiple DST. If they’d be picked up right away, why not try trading them?
That said, yes, dump them if you need an add. (I think you picked up Titans, yes?)
Trading is an option but these guys dont trade much. Yes, i picked up the Titans and was also targeting the Broncos or Giants. Both are available.
But if the Ravens are just having an "off" year, i may just ride the Titans and hope the Ravens return to form in 2022.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading is an option but these guys dont trade much. Yes, i picked up the Titans and was also targeting the Broncos or Giants. Both are available.
But if the Ravens are just having an "off" year, i may just ride the Titans and hope the Ravens return to form in 2022.

Titans have a bye in week 13
Ravens would be at Pittsburgh
Denver at KC
Giants at Miami

I think I’d stick with the Ravens there

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tyreek Hill going to Miami, i now have 2 Dolphins WR along with Waddle.

I offered the Mahomes owner Russell Wilson & Tyreek (he has zero starting WR). No repsonse.

I also have Dak.
And for WR, i have Adams, Lockett, Boyd, Skyy Moore, Kalil Shakir & Pringle.

I know i may be offering too much, but i dread the idea of have 2 Fins.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your RBs look like? Can you send that pkg for an upgrade there vs the slight upgrade you'd get from mahomes over Dak?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your RBs look like? Can you send that pkg for an upgrade there vs the slight upgrade you'd get from mahomes over Dak?
RB = Henry, Fourny, Akers, RoJo, Stevenson and a gaggle of 2022 rookies.

Last edited: