• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Staley

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's less franchise LT's than qb's.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 5 LTs that are better than Staley right now.

A few that come to mind:

Joe Thomas
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Jason Peters
D'Brick Ferguson
Matt Light
Marcus McNeill.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few that come to mind:

Joe Thomas
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Jason Peters - is he playing again?
D'Brick Ferguson
Matt Light - mmm, no.
Marcus McNeill - is he in the league?

The rest of the list isn't bad but I think Staley compares well with most of them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the list isn't bad but I think Staley compares well with most of them.

I pulled some of these names off a list some of the "experts" picked that I agreed with. Staley was not even in their top 15. I think he should be, but to me he is clearly not top 5 or "elite" as Clyde suggested.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNeil and Light are retired. Long was an injured bum this season and many question if he'll return to being the player he was. So of your list Thomas, Clady, and Peters are the only three. Ferguson isn't better than Staley because he blows at run blocking.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNeil and Light are retired. Long was an injured bum this season and many question if he'll return to being the player he was. So of your list Thomas, Clady, and Peters are the only three. Ferguson isn't better than Staley because he blows at run blocking.

Shows how much I know.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pulled some of these names off a list some of the "experts" picked that I agreed with. Staley was not even in their top 15. I think he should be, but to me he is clearly not top 5 or "elite" as Clyde suggested.

That list is outdated.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is the only one of that list that I may take over Staley. Peters is still recovering from an achilles injury and I don't think that Clady is as good or better then Staley. Staley is strong enough to effectively blow his guy off the ball in the run game, agile enough to pull, and quick enough to slide and pick up speed rushers coming off the edge.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when an entire team plays well, everyone gets a LOT of credit. wasn't too long ago when this line was having problems in pass protect.

we should start now on developing another swing tackle, even with Boone's ability to move there. whether mid round, late round, or even UDFA, cause OT's are hard to get.

I think the last time they really struggled as a group was in St Louis. Now with kaepernick back there, rushers cannot just pin their ears back and come at the Qb. They have to be careful he doesn't run. Smith was a stationary target.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We struggled against the Rams both games. But Staley is top 5 easy. Give me Thomas & maybe Brown.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there are just some teams that match up well against each team and unfortunately for us, the Rams and Seahawks are the two worst matchups for us on paper. The Rams more based on Fisher, because his defensive schemes are outstanding, whereas the Hawks have basically built their team as a carbon copy of us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that there are just some teams that match up well against each team and unfortunately for us, the Rams and Seahawks are the two worst matchups for us on paper. The Rams more based on Fisher, because his defensive schemes are outstanding, whereas the Hawks have basically built their team as a carbon copy of us.

we have a good O-line and they can run block with the best of them. but we struggled to run against their D-lines? maybe the stats show otherwise but going by the eye test, we struggled?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a good O-line and they can run block with the best of them. but we struggled to run against their D-lines? maybe the stats show otherwise but going by the eye test, we struggled?

Against the Rams, Brockers IIRC was a beast as his quickness off the ball gave Goodwin and co. fits along with Long's endless motor. Also, they dialed up effective blitz packages that confused and caught our OL off-guard.

Against the Hawks, the Hawks have one of the biggest front 7's in the league, matching our usual size advantage on the OL to a man seemingly.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
& division games r almost always tight. But the Rams & Seachickens r tough on us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A few that come to mind:

Joe Thomas
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Jason Peters
D'Brick Ferguson
Matt Light
Marcus McNeill.

Thomas? Yes. Long probably. Clady? Maybe.

Peters? No.
Ferguson? Not this year.
Matt Light & McNeill? They're not even in the league.

I would've expected to see Duane Brown on the list.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few that come to mind:

Joe Thomas
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Jason Peters
D'Brick Ferguson
Matt Light
Marcus McNeill.

Lol, McNeill and Light are retired. Ferguson isn't anywhere near as good as he was earlier in his career.

Nice try. :laugh3: