• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Schobert signed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos were looking to sign Schobert as an impact player they would have signed him a long time ago. :)

He is what he is.... Good at things, not so good at others and still can help our team. I think he will fill a role nicely here.

Jonas Griffith was doing great here. Hopefully we don't have to depend on Schobert too much but he is also a nice safety gap at the LB position and he knows where to be on the field.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conflicting reports?

Troy Renck said today on the radio Jonas had not sewn up the starting spot so that’s why he was playing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news on Jonas Griffith.

Nathaniel Hackett said there is a chance he could return for week 1 of the season. I am not counting on it but it does mean good chance he doesn't start off on short term IR.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conflicting reports?

Troy Renck said today on the radio Jonas had not sewn up the starting spot so that’s why he was playing.
He is a young unproven player who hasn't been on the roster for that long so I wouldn't expect him to have sewn up the starting job even if he was so nothing there suggests he wasn't doing well. Browning played a ton in that game even though he has been great in camp. Young players need the reps.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a young unproven player who hasn't been on the roster for that long so I wouldn't expect him to have sewn up the starting job even if he was so nothing there suggests he wasn't doing well. Browning played a ton in that game even though he has been great in camp. Young players need the reps.

Agree with this.

I think CEH is referring to there was an article out a few days before Griffith's injury stating he had won the starting ILB job over Alex Singleton. In reality I think Hackett is saying he was "winning" the ILB job but hadn't made a firm decision yet. Which is why Jonas was one of the few "starting" defensive players out there on the field on Saturday. I am sure people were asking why was he out there and the other starters not with the though had you followed what you did with the other starters with Jonas he wouldn't have gotten injured.

I think overall things are just fine. Injury sucks but it isn't serious and Schobert and Singleton are good depth/starters if we need. Ideally, I would like Singleton not having to cover so I don't want to depend on him too much probably the same with Schobert whereas Jonas offers more as a complete ILB... But he won't miss much regular season action from the sounds of it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conflicting reports?

Troy Renck said today on the radio Jonas had not sewn up the starting spot so that’s why he was playing

Yup. You don't expect a HC - especially a new one - to come in and proclaim starters before the first week of preseason game, or that anyone other than guys like Simmons, Wilson, or PS2 have locked up anything.

Hell, Gordon and Williams haven't been declared a starter yet, nor has Jeudy. But if they're practicing with the ones, and playing with the ones, and starting in preseason, there's an outside chance they could have an idea of where they're going to start the regular season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind them trying to get some reps for Griffith even if they knew he was going to be the starter. New scheme, young guy with limited starts, and probably testing him also of can he handle leading the huddle if say Jewell would go down with injury. Just so happened he got hurt on a freak injury.

The fact that he is only going to maybe miss a couple of games tops though shouldn't have anyone too worried. Thankfully the first few games are not going to rely on great LB play to help win the game. If the Broncos were playing the Chiefs and Raiders with great TE play then I would be a bit more worried.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind them trying to get some reps for Griffith even if they knew he was going to be the starter. New scheme, young guy with limited starts, and probably testing him also of can he handle leading the huddle if say Jewell would go down with injury. Just so happened he got hurt on a freak injury.

The fact that he is only going to maybe miss a couple of games tops though shouldn't have anyone too worried. Thankfully the first few games are not going to rely on great LB play to help win the game. If the Broncos were playing the Chiefs and Raiders with great TE play then I would be a bit more worried.
GIF by Jason Clarke

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1660847119448.png

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One million

Or is that seven million?