• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Schobert signed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go.

Billy Turner and Randy Gregory activated.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news all around today.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shobert was picky as he lives now in Colorado and wanted to play for Denver

he came in about a week ago so there was some concern i would guess about Jonas development.

good signing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this move. Doesn't really move the needle other than now feel like the Broncos have some decent depth at the Off-ball spot. I don't see him taking a starting job away from Griffith though as the Broncos from what I understand absolutely love Griffith and think he could turn into something semi-special.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shobert was picky as he lives now in Colorado and wanted to play for Denver

he came in about a week ago so there was some concern i would guess about Jonas development.

good signing.
The concern was depth and having Strnad as the back up. Let the narrative go man.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the concern is about Strnad, but Schobert is a very good signing. Good news.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing in the wake of injuries. Glad to see Turner activated but hopefully they take it slow with him and Gregory as we need Turner to start and play the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the concern is about Strnad, but Schobert is a very good signing. Good news.

Agree and Singleton in coverage.

The issue Denver had was the depth and the fact that Joe had contacted them that he lived in Denver and wanted to play for them... They worked him out to put it in the bank... Jonas was having a great camp. They were very happy with him. I think it was a matter of time before Joe became a Bronco just needed to have a reason and here it is.

It just happened to work out this way. Jonas could start year on short term IR to give him some extra time.

Strnad and Singleton played well on Saturday. That was nice to see especially for Strnad who looked pretty bad last year when called upon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing in the wake of injuries. Glad to see Turner activated but hopefully they take it slow with him and Gregory as we need Turner to start and play the season.

I could be wrong but think I read where Gregory won't play until week 1?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good signing
he’s a $13M a year ILBer

i will coffee bet a few he will Wally Pip’s Griffith.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but think I read where Gregory won't play until week 1?
Just make sure that shoulder is 110% before you release the hounds.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this move. Doesn't really move the needle other than now feel like the Broncos have some decent depth at the Off-ball spot. I don't see him taking a starting job away from Griffith though as the Broncos from what I understand absolutely love Griffith and think he could turn into something semi-special.
I don't think Jonas is getting his job back. Schobert is a better player. If Jonas does get it back all the better for Denver!!! That means he is real good.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good signing
he’s a $13M a year ILBer

i will coffee bet a few he will Wally Pip’s Griffith.
Given our injury history at that position, I doubt getting "Pipped" will even be an issue.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent signing, especially at that price. Schobert had a rough stint with the Steelers but it wasn't entirely his fault. The front 7 was so banged up that ILBs rarely stood a chance. My biggest disappointment in him was his coverage skills. He was touted as a solid off-ball LB, but that didn't materialize at all. He was too often picked on in coverage.

Scho still has plenty left in the tank to make an impact. But he is far from the stud he was back in '17-19. He'll need a solid front 7 in front of him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent signing, especially at that price. Schobert had a rough stint with the Steelers but it wasn't entirely his fault. The front 7 was so banged up that ILBs rarely stood a chance. My biggest disappointment in him was his coverage skills. He was touted as a solid off-ball LB, but that didn't materialize at all. He was too often picked on in coverage.

Scho still has plenty left in the tank to make an impact. But he is far from the stud he was back in '17-19. He'll need a solid front 7 in front of him.
Thanks for the update.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't think the Broncos really signed him to be an impact player thankfully. More of add to the rotation among the LB core and have good enough to make the defense work. He won't be asked to do quite as much as he did in Pittsburgh. To me this move was more about raising the floor level of the LB grouping. After Josey Jewell there were a lot of question marks at the position. Griffith has been looking good, but especially with his injury putting him in jeopardy of missing week 1 Schobert made a lot of sense as an insurance policy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the Broncos really signed him to be an impact player thankfully. More of add to the rotation among the LB core and have good enough to make the defense work. He won't be asked to do quite as much as he did in Pittsburgh. To me this move was more about raising the floor level of the LB grouping. After Josey Jewell there were a lot of question marks at the position. Griffith has been looking good, but especially with his injury putting him in jeopardy of missing week 1 Schobert made a lot of sense as an insurance policy.
That's a great way to look at it. The Steelers were desperate for ILB improvements when they traded for Scho. He was thrust into 79% of defensive snaps last year. Only 4 players on the entire Steelers D had more snaps than him (DT Heyward, S Fitzpatrick, S Edmunds, CB Sutton). Not to mention he only had 2-3 weeks to learn a new defense midway through training camp before the season started. That's a crap situation for any vet to be thrown into.

Steelers made significant investments into Devin Bush to be "that guy" but he was coming off injury and wasnt meeting expectations. So they knee-jerked that trade for Scho and leaned on him heavily. Even in big-nickel & dime packages they typically subbed out Bush for an extra DB, and left Scho as the only ILB on the field.

I do firmly believe Schobert would have been more successful in PIT if the front 7 wasn't banged up, but also would have benefitted from a better rotation of LBs. Sadly, the depth in that room was craptastic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great way to look at it. The Steelers were desperate for ILB improvements when they traded for Scho. He was thrust into 79% of defensive snaps last year. Only 4 players on the entire Steelers D had more snaps than him (DT Heyward, S Fitzpatrick, S Edmunds, CB Sutton). Not to mention he only had 2-3 weeks to learn a new defense midway through training camp before the season started. That's a crap situation for any vet to be thrown into.

Steelers made significant investments into Devin Bush to be "that guy" but he was coming off injury and wasnt meeting expectations. So they knee-jerked that trade for Scho and leaned on him heavily. Even in big-nickel & dime packages they typically subbed out Bush for an extra DB, and left Scho as the only ILB on the field.

I do firmly believe Schobert would have been more successful in PIT if the front 7 wasn't banged up, but also would have benefitted from a better rotation of LBs. Sadly, the depth in that room was craptastic.

Yeah I could see that. I feel very fortunate the Broncos did not end up drafting Bush. Sounds like they were ready to take him until the Steelers called with an offer. Sometimes it is the moves you don't make that end up saving you. I am a bit worried about Schobert coming in so late and possibly having to start week 1 with Griffith being a question if he will return. At the same time I don't think there is a system in the league that requires less of off-ball LB's than the one that is here in Denver. A lot of the coverage is more manning the middle of the field and watching the eyes of the QB rather than having to turn and run with receivers. I think Schobert would be fine doing that early on. And of course then filling in on run defense, but Broncos added DJ Jones to the DL who graded out as one of the best run defenders in the league. IF he can stay healthy then I think the LB's can have a pretty successful year.