• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

joakim noah, 17 million a year

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does this guy make this kind of money ? Y???

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah has been overrated the second he stepped foot on an NBA floor. Dude got hyped up at Florida and ever since he got drafted he's been gifted the label of a great player.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, Thibodeau was the difference in chi town. Man, would i have loved to have him here as coach. although you wouldn't go deep in PS, at least the reg. season would have been competitive...... this knicks team is, well to say, just awful.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah has been overrated the second he stepped foot on an NBA floor. Dude got hyped up at Florida and ever since he got drafted he's been gifted the label of a great player.

I'll start by saying that I'm an admitted Noah fanboy, but I gotta disagree. He certainly was never the most talented player, but no one played harder or with more passion than Noah. He was pretty much the heart and soul of those Bulls teams under Thibs.

Dude is just physically out of gas. He's given all that his body has to give. Hopefully he see's the writing on the wall and retires after the season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This saddens me.

Still holding out hope that he is working himself into shape.

But, the writing appears to be on the wall.

Time will tell if it's written in pencil or permanent marker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start by saying that I'm an admitted Noah fanboy, but I gotta disagree. He certainly was never the most talented player, but no one played harder or with more passion than Noah. He was pretty much the heart and soul of those Bulls teams under Thibs.

Dude is just physically out of gas. He's given all that his body has to give. Hopefully he see's the writing on the wall and retires after the season.

I agree with this.

I don't think anyone ever considered him a great player, but he was certainly a guy everyone wanted on their team a few years ago. He was one of the best defensive big men in the league and he has always passed and rebounded extremely well. Despite limited scoring ability, he has always been an asset on both ends.

But yeah, he looks done now.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you guys to a point, BUT, i believe in my heart that hornacek will ruin these kids, i have had several coaches in my career, and they could absolutey do it to you! From what i see early on, would NOT want to play for a coach who looks like he has no idea what he is doing. I'm sorry, but i see better cohesion, better understanding of each other in pickup games then i see with the knicks. One pass if, and shoot, and the shot selection has been horrible. Ain't getting it done this way! And the defense, it is non existent, and thats why i believe noah looks overwhelmed, because there is no system in place. SCHITT, i am going on and on because i can't believe what i am watching.. this team should NOT be blown out of games vs teams like celts....... this is very disappointing! i'm PISSED! and portzingis, get closer to basket! you put the ball on ground from that far out guys will collapse easily on you and swipe ball away every time.

Last edited:

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the Knicks. I could write six paragraphs on on all the myriad of mistakes and pratfalls this sorry excuse of a sports franchise has made over the last 10 years ,, but it would only aggravate my ulcer further and my Doctor told me to try to have happy thoughts and eliminate the negative. So I'm trying to be positive.

But here's my latest worry--- Is Porzingis really going be turn out to be great? He'll be good for sure, but great? I'm starting to have some doubts.

And without a great player like lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Khawi, you're not winning a championship.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the Knicks. I could write six paragraphs on on all the myriad of mistakes and pratfalls this sorry excuse of a sports franchise has made over the last 10 years ,, but it would only aggravate my ulcer further and my Doctor told me to try to have happy thoughts and eliminate the negative. So I'm trying to be positive.

But here's my latest worry--- Is Porzingis really going be turn out to be great? He'll be good for sure, but great? I'm starting to have some doubts.

And without a great player like lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Khawi, you're not winning a championship.
the thing is- the Knicks have tried for the short term fix just about every time.

If they ever bit the bullet- said- lets suck for 3-4 years- do what OKC did, do waht the Cavs did, do what the Sixers are doing, do what hte Lakers are doing---- they could eventually have 3-4 really good young players, EXTRA draft picks instead of constantly dealing them away in bad trades like the Bargannini deal.

In the NBA with how good teams are at the top- it is very very rare that you can rebuild a team while you are treading water in the standings. It usually takes a bottoming out- and they keep on bringing in guys like noah and rose etc. that will keep them from bottoming out--- as well as- Carmelo is still a great player and its hard to truly bottom out for a long stretch with him--- and you wouldnt want to anyway.

When Lebron left for Miami- it allowed the Cavs to clear their cap- and add a ton of young players and assets to use for when he eventually returned....its not like you can do that with MElo -and be like- yo- leave- we will suck for 3 years and get a ton of good stuff- and then come back....

maybe it comes down to that you eventually just have to trade everything not nailed down that is not named Porzingis and completely start over and bottom out- and 3-4 years you will have a young team with tons of potential, some extra future picks, and a ton of cap space....those 3-4 years suck ass though---- but how much worse are they then whats happening anyway?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does this guy make this kind of money ? Y???
I said it right when it happen. I told many people on here that he was done being a starter. He is a back up now. He lost 2-3 steps already. Kind of reminds me of when the Bulls signed Ben Wallace. Non scorer who can play D and rebound. When they lose a step it gets ugly because they cant score to make up for it.