• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jo-Jo Reyes signed

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god it is on a minor league deal! I hope he never starts a game for the Pirates and is only insurance as a lefty out of the bullpen if Watson or Moskos fail.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be filling the Brian Burress role this year, methinks.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The archetypical low-risk, low-reward signing. :bored:

On the other hand, one report stated that some of the newer metrics indicate that his actual 2011 season was a full run better than his ERA..... and that he suffered from making most of his starts against the best offensive teams in the AL.

It would be infinitely cool if one of these scrap-heap guys would pan out.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the scrap-heap there is a lot better canidates than Jo-Jo.
MLBTR — Transactions Tracker

Heck I would be happy with the bottom two on this list.

Not sure they are comparable, Webb and Young are more in the Bedard realm of signings, high risk, high reward. Reyes is more of a depth signing, a warm body that isn't complete trash in case of injuries.

Plus he is lefthanded.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they are comparable, Webb and Young are more in the Bedard realm of signings, high risk, high reward. Reyes is more of a depth signing, a warm body that isn't complete trash in case of injuries.

Plus he is lefthanded.

Good point and very true. I just don't trust him enough to be anything longer than a single start or so, it is mainly due to witnessing way to many soft tossing lefties start for the Pirates.

As for Young and Webb I think another high risk/reward signing would be nice to offset Bedard.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and very true. I just don't trust him enough to be anything longer than a single start or so, it is mainly due to witnessing way to many soft tossing lefties start for the Pirates.

As for Young and Webb I think another high risk/reward signing would be nice to offset Bedard.

I hope he stays in the minors the whole year, but the organization has a need of a AAA starter who, if need be, can spot start a couple of times a year, a la Brian Burress last year.

If he makes the team out of spring training then there is a problem.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no idea why he was signed. I see no need for him in Indy, he isn't good enough to be on our opening day roster, so I am not sure what this accomplished. Just another crap fling in my opinion.