• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt to the Cardinals

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this way:

Cardinals, Rams, 49ers and Seahawks are "playing chess".

Rams made a good move when they got Stafford. This is a even better move made by Arizona.

Who going to make the next move?

This is not a better move than the Rams getting Stafford.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did go out at get Duane Brown to protect his blind side, that was a HUGE upgrade... I also love Damien Lewis, bright future... Seahawks O-line was ranked 14th overall which doesn’t suck, right in the middle of the pack, definitely an improvement over the last several years... Seahawks should target Corey Lindsey C from Green Bay....
Thuney........

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a better move than the Rams getting Stafford.
At this time, I tend to agree. But as with all off season moves, it depends on how they play out in the future. Imo, the biggest reason the Rams move was so good was being able to get rid of Goff. We will see if Staff thrives or falls short of expectations.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time, I tend to agree. But as with all off season moves, it depends on how they play out in the future. Imo, the biggest reason the Rams move was so good was being able to get rid of Goff. We will see if Staff thrives or falls short of expectations.

I think he will be fine,

Never seen Goff make that play, or call an audible, throw it deep, nor read a defense.

While Watt has had one good season the last five years.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be fine,

Never seen Goff make that play, or call an audible, throw it deep, nor read a defense.

What but I thought only Patrick Mahomes could only throw the no look pass?!?!??!?!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What but I thought only Patrick Mahomes could only throw the no look pass?!?!??!?!
And thanks to the Titans having no pass rush whatsoever, that is what a clean pocket looks like. Just sayin', because the "Jeopardy" category would be "things we don't see in Seattle for $500".

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be fine,

No doubt Stafford is a massive upgrade over Goff. It just remains to be seen as to if that is enough for a championship. At any rate, McVay won't have to be in Staffords ear right up to the 15 second mark explaining what the defense is. Like you say, Goff couldn't read defenses for shit so calling audibles would have been a waste of time.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2021 season prediction for Watt vs RW... 5 sacks for Watt... 3 of them because RW hangs onto the ball too damn long... Teams have figured out his spin moves, etc... Part of the OL's problem is on him... Too many 10+ yard sacks he takes... Leads the league each year in that category - that's not on the OL..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I'll give it a C+ grade.

Watt is not the player he once was, so I find absolutely zero bargain in this pickup. Watt should get decent opportunities to harass QBs with Jones back and development of Reddick. Watt is still only 32 so he might have a little left in the tank but I'm not counting on it. Perhaps a change of scenery will spark a second life.

That said, the Cards still have 2 years of cheap-o cap room with Murray so spending a little extra is not too terrible. This is in no way a bargain and Watt has only played 48 games in the last 80 eligible (5 seasons) so while I see some upside I can't grade it that favorably. He did play a full 16 last year though and the Cards D is certainly better than the Texans.

I'll give it a C+. Not a bargain signing by any means and Watt is a huge risk given he probably wont see the field for 32 regular season games over the course of the next 2 years... but the extra cash is worth the reward if he can and doesn't limit the Cards since Murray is cheap for 2 more years.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, playing with his brothers, playing with his home state team means diddly squat when 30M are thrown in his face. So much for going somewhere to win a SB before he retires.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a nice get for the Cards but it's an over pay for an oft injured player.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2021 season prediction for Watt vs RW... 5 sacks for Watt... 3 of them because RW hangs onto the ball too damn long... Teams have figured out his spin moves, etc... Part of the OL's problem is on him... Too many 10+ yard sacks he takes... Leads the league each year in that category - that's not on the OL..

Russ does extend play’s and it makes it harder on the line for sure ... So many times Russ play’s backyard football, which is fun to watch, but it leads to more sacks ....

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, playing with his brothers, playing with his home state team means diddly squat when 30M are thrown in his face. So much for going somewhere to win a SB before he retires.
...and so much for moving to be closer to his wife.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not even close.

But it is just money.
Ha yep, the gap bw getting stafford, and adding watt is massive imho.

Although heardsome stats today that even last uear, when healthy, no player(supposedly) wins their matchup more often. It was on first take today.