• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham is Funny

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, don't worry about that. I was just curious what you're thoughts were on that. No one responded to it over there.

Haha. It's been pretty dead there for offseason discussion. That's what brought me back over here periodically.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him putting up the same numbers in that offense either.
I thik he was the biggest off season pick up by any team this last off season. A big target in the red zone is exactly what Seattle has been missing. I think he'll do very well up there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he helps the team with scheme. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the argument that he's magically going to become a competent blocking TE simply because he now plays for Seattle.
Why is anyone even concerned with that? Blocking is not the reason they got him. They got him as a big red zone target and a much needed go-to guy for Wilson and he fits that bill perfectly. Who cares if he can't block.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is anyone even concerned with that? Blocking is not the reason they got him. They got him as a big red zone target and a much needed go-to guy for Wilson and he fits that bill perfectly. Who cares if he can't block.
Who said anyone was ever concerned about JG blocking? This thread was about how funny it is that he said he could be a great blocker.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I'm not sure who on the 9ers forum were involved with or read (I was) the debate last season over his contract issues that he felt he was worth WR money because that was what he really did for the Saints. Let him block and watch his ass get manhaldled once before he complains about how he is used.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Apparently people are concerned about it, as there have been several articles that have addressed the issue squarely. I just thought his response was funny. Again, it was a lot like JJ Stokes' "I'm always open" line. Anyone who watched JJ play knows that, despite his height, he was frequently covered. And anyone who has watched Jimmy Graham block knows he cannot block anyone he wants to. Admittedly I think the Graham line is funnier because it also implies he simply hasn't wanted to block people in the past, which some people would consider a bad look.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's also pretty damn funny because Graham is now playing for a team that just mocked him outright as being a soft player when they were playing against him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also pretty damn funny because Graham is now playing for a team that just mocked him outright as being a soft player when they were playing against him.
I find nothing about the Seahawks' acquistion of Graham to be funny at all. It has me really worried; not that the 49ers were going to be a threat to Seattle this season. Anything that helps Seattle become more dominant, as the adition of Graham surely will, pisses me off.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I find nothing about the Seahawks' acquistion of Graham to be funny at all. It has me really worried; not that the 49ers were going to be a threat to Seattle this season. Anything that helps Seattle become more dominant, as the adition of Graham surely will, pisses me off.

On the field, I'm not the least bit amused. Even though I expect Graham's individual success to decrease, I anticipate that he will be a tremendous weapon for an offense that has been fairly effective with really just one elite weapon (arguably two, as RW may be elite so far as that system is concerned and certainly in terms of his elusiveness) and a bunch of mediocre talent. And Graham has given the Niners in particular trouble lately.

The fact that Graham terrifies me on the field doesn't alter my ability to find humor in other aspects of the move, however.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the field, I'm not the least bit amused. Even though I expect Graham's individual success to decrease, I anticipate that he will be a tremendous weapon for an offense that has been fairly effective with really just one elite weapon (arguably two, as RW may be elite so far as that system is concerned and certainly in terms of his elusiveness) and a bunch of mediocre talent. And Graham has given the Niners in particular trouble lately.

The fact that Graham terrifies me on the field doesn't alter my ability to find humor in other aspects of the move, however.
Fair enough. I suffer from Seahawk over-saturation at work though and I can't stand them, except Russell Wilson, who I admire, and Pete Carroll, who I think is a great football coach.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I suffer from Seahawk over-saturation at work though and I can't stand them, except Russell Wilson, who I admire, and Pete Carroll, who I think is a great football coach.

Where are you at?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you at?
Arizona. But I work for DoD, and our military commander and his deputy are huge Seahawk fans and that's all they like to talk about. They know I'm a Niners fan so they never fail to rub it in. But its all in fun. The commander's father in law was Pete Gross who was the "Voice of the Seahawks" on their radio network for many years until he died.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona. But I work for DoD, and our military commander and his deputy are huge Seahawk fans and that's all they like to talk about. They know I'm a Niners fan so they never fail to rub it in. But its all in fun. The commander's father in law was Pete Gross who was the "Voice of the Seahawks" on their radio network for many years until he died.

Ok. I only run into a few here. One of the guys that has coffee with us in the morning is a Seahawk fan going back to the old AFC days. But he really never talks about them with others.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious. Was it the whole team that mocked JG or just the defense?