• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

• Jimmy G.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Shanahan

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • They both stunk it up in the 4th and deserve equal blame

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree. However, not going for points at the end of the 1st half and not running on 2nd and 5 with a lead late in the game should haunt Shanahan until he gets the monkey off his back.
He should be haunted because he made a play call that had his TE open and the QB didn't see him?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the nature of pro sports. Impossible to really know what will happen when the best of the best are on the field against each other. It's impossible to know which side will make more great plays. A lot of it comes down to luck. A lot of it comes down to which side doesn't make mistakes. There's really no absolute truths that you can point to and say that x will happen nearly every single time. I think Mahomes is the best QB in the league, but he's not going to be 30/33, 400 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INTs every single game.

Lastnights game was one of those games where neither team looked all that great.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, they were great, that last TD didn't matter, they held KC to 24 points that counted which was all they could be expected to. They couldn't score enough to win.

Also the D got kind of tired at the end, which is typical. Defenses are stronger in first halves
Agree with you not fair to say most of the blame goes to the D. But they deserve some. I'd say fair to blame the D, JG and Shanahan equally.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be haunted because he made a play call that had his TE open and the QB didn't see him?

Plays happen fast, and even the best QB's don't see everything. Can't remember exactly who it was (maybe Russell Wilson), but I remember a replay from this playoffs where a great QB doesn't throw it to a wide open receiver, but instead tries a much harder pass that falls incomplete.

What happens when the ball is in play feels like a coin flip often times, but Shanahan simply deciding that he's not going to use the last 2 minutes of the first half to score is not a coin flip. He chose to do that. Deciding whether to run or pass on 2nd and 5 with a lead late in the game isn't a coin flip either.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you not fair to say most of the blame goes to the D. But they deserve some. I'd say fair to blame the D, JG and Shanahan equally.
I'd blame them each as such:
Shanahan - 50%
JG - 20%
D - 20%
Rest of team - 10%

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan totally blew it on the playcalling. When they got past midfield with just under 2 minutes left down 4 points, they could've ran it there, too. They had all 3 timeouts and plenty of time to play for 5 to 10 yard gains at a time.

That deep ball that almost connected can be seen as a bad call because late in the game, you call plays for all four downs. Early downs should be used for short passes or runs so that the later downs are easier conversion attempts. I don't know the fatigue level of the Chiefs D at that point, but it seems like offenses usually have the energy advantage late in games, so it almost feels like that long pass play helped bail out the defense. That's a low percentage play for even the best QB's.
First, you saw the result, not the playcall. But, yes, the call did have Sanders open for a TD. There were other options on the play, too, ya know.

what's funny is if he hits the pass and they win the narrative wouldn't be how great a play it was or how well JG played......it would be that Reid proved he cannot win the big game.

Fans are comical.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, congrats man
Definitely nice to get the 800 pound sports gorilla off the back of the fanbase. Definitely a much different vibe when the Royals and Chiefs won it as opposed to Chelsea pasting the EPL or KU winning a natty in basketball. Now, if the Bears and my hockey team could stop being a bridesmaid, I'd be golden.

Right now, I am just trying to figure out what I am doing for the parade.

Then I got to worry about moving potentially.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd blame them each as such:
Shanahan - 50%
JG - 20%
D - 20%
Rest of team - 10%

Mine would be.

Shanahan - 40%
JG - 35%
D - 20% (they played well for more than 3 quarters and the SF offense did them no favors on the last 3-4 possessions)
Rest of the team - 5%

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its the same deep ball I'm thinking of, thats a touchdown if the throw was accurate.

Thats the 'Eli Manning' throw that you need to make to win a Super Bowl.
And what's funny as just mentioned....if he hits the play instead and they win of crediting JG and the 49ers fans would instead blame Reid and say he cannot win the big one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastnights game was one of those games where neither team looked all that great.

Yeah, I called them the best of the best, but it's true that both sides struggled last night. I think they are 2 of the top 5 teams of this season. IMO, that top level group of teams are NE, BAL, KC, SF, and NO. The Saints were unlucky that they didn't get a bye. The Ravens inexplicably shit the bed in their playoff game with Lamar Jackson looking like he was playing in slow motion compared to what he did all season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely nice to get the 800 pound sports gorilla off the back of the fanbase. Definitely a much different vibe when the Royals and Chiefs won it as opposed to Chelsea pasting the EPL or KU winning a natty in basketball. Now, if the Bears and my hockey team could stop being a bridesmaid, I'd be golden.

Right now, I am just trying to figure out what I am doing for the parade.

Then I got to worry about moving potentially.

Come on, even I wouldn't call Fats Reid an 800 lber.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I called them the best of the best, but it's true that both sides struggled last night. I think they are 2 of the top 5 teams of this season. IMO, that top level group of teams are NE, BAL, KC, SF, and NO. The Saints were unlucky that they didn't get a bye. The Ravens inexplicably shit the bed in their playoff game with Lamar Jackson looking like he was playing in slow motion compared to what he did all season.
I am kind of in the camp we saw the two best teams in the NFL last night- full stop. And that was a top-heavy NFL year at that. Ravens fans have an argument, but I am not sure it looks especially great right now.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are definitely top level teams, just both played meh lastnight.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO.

Jimmy. I have issues trusting him. He doesn't scream good QB. His defense carried him to alot of the wins and run game in the playoffs.

And when the oven got Hawt. The real Jimmy G showed up.