• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimbo’s Last Days

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is: Death to Florida State

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get Jimbo's outcome at FSU and leaving it in such a mess.

First, Jimbo didn't inherit an FSU team/program that was at their peak, he actually had to do some rebuilding at FSU, and after rebuilding it himself, he made them an ACC power again and won them a national title. But they slipped from the national scene, but remained competitive in the ACC....Then the wheels just fell off and he leaves and the program is in ruins.

I could see FSU's current state if Jimbo was like a Larry Coker at Miami where he just inherited a great team and won with pure talent before that talent left and he was exposed, but Jimbo built FSU into a giant like they were in the 90's for a brief time, so he was capable of building a program.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did under Jimbo and that’s why you lost multiple DC’s to SEC teams plus numerous position coaches. There was a window where everyone in the conference was raiding Jimbo’s staff. That’s a fact.

No it's not. Stoops went to UK as the Head Coach. Kelly was not retained. Jimbo served as the OC when he was
there. might have been someone in the Press Box talking to him, but Jimbo called the shots on Offense.
That former Auburn QB served as our Quarterback Coach which was a baby sitting position, when Jimbo was
busy with something else. Fisher handled the QB's. When that guy returned to Auburn, It took Fisher a quarter and
a half to realize that he had fucked up by not changing his QB signals and that guy was on the Auburn sidelines
signalling in our plays to the Auburn defense in the 2013 NC game.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get Jimbo's outcome at FSU and leaving it in such a mess.

First, Jimbo didn't inherit an FSU team/program that was at their peak, he actually had to do some rebuilding at FSU, and after rebuilding it himself, he made them an ACC power again and won them a national title. But they slipped from the national scene, but remained competitive in the ACC....Then the wheels just fell off and he leaves and the program is in ruins.

I could see FSU's current state if Jimbo was like a Larry Coker at Miami where he just inherited a great team and won with pure talent before that talent left and he was exposed, but Jimbo built FSU into a giant like they were in the 90's for a brief time, so he was capable of building a program.

You forget that Fisher inherited his own offense. He was in charge of recruiting for 4 years and was our OC for those\
years before being given the reins to the program.

Despite constant complaining from the fans, he kept Trickett and our OL went to hell in a handbasket. Our OL
was our demise.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. Stoops went to UK as the Head Coach. Kelly was not retained. Jimbo served as the OC when he was
there. might have been someone in the Press Box talking to him, but Jimbo called the shots on Offense.
That former Auburn QB served as our Quarterback Coach which was a baby sitting position, when Jimbo was
busy with something else. Fisher handled the QB's. When that guy returned to Auburn, It took Fisher a quarter and
a half to realize that he had fucked up by not changing his QB signals and that guy was on the Auburn sidelines
signalling in our plays to the Auburn defense in the 2013 NC game.
Jeremy Pruit left also. There were several high profile guys that were recruiters that got poached during Jimbo's tenure.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Pruit left also. There were several high profile guys that were recruiters that got poached during Jimbo's tenure.

I forgot about Pruit. I knew there was somebody between Stoops and Kelly. Pruit departed FSU because he was
just a tad too friendly with some of the opposite sex.

There were some good recruiters that left. One RB coach, who had previously coached at 2 SEC schools, left, but
he went to Cincinnati as their OC. That was a big problem for Fisher at FSU...he had too many good recruiters and
not enough good coaches.