• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Schwartz = Sore Loser

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions lost,schwartz,couldn't handle it too bad,they aren't near as goog as their hype'

bottom line if you can't take a little heat don't play with the big boys

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You could see what kind of shithead Schwartz was with that smarmy remark at the beginning of the game interview where the reporter asked him if the home crowd noise was an advantage for his team and he said "The 49ers are scared of the crowd because they deferred so they wouldn't have to hear the crowd noise on offense right off the bat".

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overwhelming majority of press folks said both guys own some of the blame, but Schwartz handled the situation much worse.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to put this and I may put it somewhere else later, but thought this was smart.

"TV cameras caught Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz appearing to yell, "Know the rules, Harbaugh!"

As it turns out, Harbaugh did know the rules. And that's why he threw the flag, Harbaugh said Monday, a day after the 49ers' 25-19 victory over the Lions.

"No, we knew that you can't challenge a scoring play," Harbaugh said. "But just the way it transpired and we saw the (signal of) incomplete pass by the back judge, and then the referee came over and they huddled and talked. Then, touchdown went up.

"That just seemed very quick that (the Lions) were lining up to kick an extra point and (I) didn't know if they really had the review to know where that stood. I threw the challenge flag to give them more time to look at it. But, yeah, we knew we couldn't do it."

When asked if taking a timeout would've been the proper move, Harbaugh answered, "Take a timeout? Kind of wanted to save those."

By throwing the challenge flag, the 49ers did not lose a timeout or one of their two allowable challenges -- because the challenge never occurred. The 49ers were penalized 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff, which resulted in a touchback from Lions kicker Jason Hanson.

So the 49ers began their next drive at the 20-yard line. On the 49ers' four other kickoffs, they started from the 20, 18, 20 and 17. So, really, the penalty did not cost the 49ers anything. "

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...80&feedID=2800

Here's another way this could be used. If the opponent lines up for a 2 pt conversion and our defense isn't completely set or ready for it....throw the red flag and challenge the TD...You get to reset your D without being charged a Time Out...the 15 yards on the kickoff is meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long it takes before the league modifies the rule to prevent coaches from abusing the rule in that manner?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long it takes before the league modifies the rule to prevent coaches from abusing the rule in that manner?

They'll probably wait and be reactive rather then proactive, but if they see it I'm sure it'll get a letter response for warning and then possibly a rule change in the offseason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't know where to put this and I may put it somewhere else later, but thought this was smart.

"TV cameras caught Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz appearing to yell, "Know the rules, Harbaugh!"

As it turns out, Harbaugh did know the rules. And that's why he threw the flag, Harbaugh said Monday, a day after the 49ers' 25-19 victory over the Lions.

"No, we knew that you can't challenge a scoring play," Harbaugh said. "But just the way it transpired and we saw the (signal of) incomplete pass by the back judge, and then the referee came over and they huddled and talked. Then, touchdown went up.

"That just seemed very quick that (the Lions) were lining up to kick an extra point and (I) didn't know if they really had the review to know where that stood. I threw the challenge flag to give them more time to look at it. But, yeah, we knew we couldn't do it."

When asked if taking a timeout would've been the proper move, Harbaugh answered, "Take a timeout? Kind of wanted to save those."

By throwing the challenge flag, the 49ers did not lose a timeout or one of their two allowable challenges -- because the challenge never occurred. The 49ers were penalized 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff, which resulted in a touchback from Lions kicker Jason Hanson.

So the 49ers began their next drive at the 20-yard line. On the 49ers' four other kickoffs, they started from the 20, 18, 20 and 17. So, really, the penalty did not cost the 49ers anything. "

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...80&feedID=2800

Here's another way this could be used. If the opponent lines up for a 2 pt conversion and our defense isn't completely set or ready for it....throw the red flag and challenge the TD...You get to reset your D without being charged a Time Out...the 15 yards on the kickoff is meaningless.

it wouldn't be meaningless if an on-side kick suits the situation.