• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh nearly traded to the Browns

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Browns wised up and said no? :noidea:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well like I said on the 9er board I would like something a little more specific than "multiple sources"

PFT is claiming Harbaugh nixed the deal

This guy claims Harbaugh initiated and draft compensation is what nixed it.

https://twitter.com/LullOnSports

I just can't envision Harbaugh going to the Browns and having to battle his brother twice a year and both trying to screw each other out of the playoffs along with potentially contributing to getting one of them fired.

This reminds me of the whole Harbaugh to the Dolphins looks to be a done deal and watch for Harbaugh and Texas just recently. I mean at this point he's going to be name dropped for every head coaching job out there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember mike florio ever being useful but this is proof he's completely full of shit.:nod:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this particular story may not be true, I dont think it was brought up for no reason. My guess is contract negotiations for Harbaugh's extension may be far apart.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My guess is that the Browns wised up and said no? :noidea:

Haters_gonna_hate_muppets.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said on the 9er board I would like something a little more specific than "multiple sources"

PFT is claiming Harbaugh nixed the deal

This guy claims Harbaugh initiated and draft compensation is what nixed it.

https://twitter.com/LullOnSports

I just can't envision Harbaugh going to the Browns and having to battle his brother twice a year and both trying to screw each other out of the playoffs along with potentially contributing to getting one of them fired.

This reminds me of the whole Harbaugh to the Dolphins looks to be a done deal and watch for Harbaugh and Texas just recently. I mean at this point he's going to be name dropped for every head coaching job out there.

I can't imagine that Harbaugh actually wanted to go to the Browns. All jokes and trolling aside, the San Francisco 49ers HC job is one of the NFL's better jobs and the Browns are one of the worst currently.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just would not be the same without harblow on the other sideline when we win the NFC championship game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are the Browns offered a bucket of Popeyes chicken. The 49ers sensing the Browns where thus willing to overpay countered with a over the top two buckets offer. The Browns decided that was too much to give up and killed the deal.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it too funny,i bet there is some in the org that have given up on Harb's the guy is not very approachable imo i may be wrong but he just kinda rubs me that way.

jim-harbaugh-freak-out-red-pen.gif

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget how many times he complained to the league about the Hawks from sound to the way we hit etc etc can you imagine what it is like in the org?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the articles i am reading it sounds like they wanted to trade Harbaugh,if true.

For as much as the Browns’ statement stands out for its lack of a denial, that this potential trade reportedly reached the point of simply needing Harbaugh’s go-ahead hardly stands as a glowing endorsement of his future in San Francisco. After winning the NFC title in 2012 and taking the 49ers back to the conference title game in 2013, Harbaugh hardly could be considered on the hot seat. The lingering contract talks and perhaps that complicated relationship with Baalke pushed the 49ers to explore such a possibility.

Throughout Cleveland’s lengthy coaching search, there was chatter about the possibility of at least one “mystery” candidate for the position. At one point in January, the team reportedly interviewed Greg Schiano, a development that at least temporarily appeared to solve that puzzle.

The truth, it turns out, ran much deeper than that.

Jim Harbaugh nearly traded from San Francisco 49ers to Cleveland Browns? | Audibles - SI.com

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are the Browns offered a bucket of Popeyes chicken. The 49ers sensing the Browns where thus willing to overpay countered with a over the top two buckets offer. The Browns decided that was too much to give up and killed the deal.

that is like, really super funny Regent. I mean ha ha. Almost traded a coach for a bucket of chicken? How do you come up with this awesomely witty material? Countered for two buckets of chicken?? OMFG...I almost really ROLFED because you are so stinking HILARIOUS!!!! Such a well thought out joke, I would have thought you would have got WAY more than just two likes for your mad jokin' Skillz!

I'm like...:10::lol::laugh3::hammer::rofl:

So, so Funny man. And I mean that. That was a REALLY, REALLY good post you made there. I mean REALLY??

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange story

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is like, really super funny Regent. I mean ha ha. Almost traded a coach for a bucket of chicken? How do you come up with this awesomely witty material? Countered for two buckets of chicken?? OMFG...I almost really ROLFED because you are so stinking HILARIOUS!!!! Such a well thought out joke, I would have thought you would have got WAY more than just two likes for your mad jokin' Skillz!

So, so Funny man. And I mean that. That was a REALLY, REALLY good post you made there. I mean REALLY??

tumblr_mjqk2o17ni1s51zjyo1_400.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This whole story is what makes the media look like a joke.

So far we've had 9ers and Browns having a deal done but Harbaugh nixing it.

Harbaugh initiating the talks but the 9ers and Browns unable to agree to draft picks.

9ers and Browns talking but nothing really much to the talks.

Sooo are we talking about multiple sources or a source with multiple personalities here? Would be nice if they could agree to what happened first before they leak their information.

My personal guess is the Browns probably calling and asking about some of the 9ers coaches figured they would feel the 9ers out regarding Harbaugh. The 9ers knowing contract extension talks haven't been going smoothly probably figured they would at least listen to what the Browns had to say. I mean if the Browns blow you away with an offer and you don't have a lot of confidence in extending Harbaugh why not listen? The Browns weren't going to blow away the 9ers with an offer so the talks didn't go anywhere and were done fast.

The Browns never really denied the story since they took a beating from fans and the media over their head coaching search so it looked good that they were in pursuit of a top tier coach.

That makes the the most likely leaker of the story since the 9er side was quick to deny it strongly and the reason the story has multiple versions to it.

It's like they leaked the 1st version and said:

"You know having Harbaugh nixing the deal makes it looks like he didn't want to come to Cleveland so let's leak that it was his wife that didn't want to come since Harbaugh is on record saying "Happy wife. Happy Life.""

"Better yet lets leak the Harbaugh initiated the talks and wanted to come to Cleveland but the deal fell through because of draft compensation so it makes it look like Harbaugh wanted to come but we weren't going to get screwed by the 9ers in a trade to bring him over here."

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird rumor. I read somewhere else that Harbaugh's talking extension with the 49ers and if that's true then it sounds like a money thing. So either Harbaugh said "Screw you! I'm taking my talents to Cleveland" or the 49ers said "Screw you! We're shipping your ass to Cleveland". Either way it doesn't sound like either side is too serious about it. I'm sure he'll be in SF for a while.

Wow, that was easy! I just created an internet rumor!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sarcasm+detector.jpg

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we got some butt hurt whiner fans. Oh btw

SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS WHEN IT MATTERS MOST ....... RIGHT NOW! :D Not when you were in diapers and your dad recorded it on his VCR.

Hey anyone still have a VCR in the garage some place? you could make a bundle selling it to whiner fans.