• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

@ Jets

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so here's a chance to talk about the upcoming game.

1) Injuries. Russell has a sprained MCL and is expecting to play (according to nfltraderumors) against the Jets, for now. Rawls has a fibula injury and won't be back until at least the other side of the bye week. Ifedi, Vannett and Prosise all remain questionable and look to not be available until after the bye.

2) Offense. The line seemed to be in midseason form last week - and since I didn't think their performance weeks 1 & 2 were that bad, I wasn't surprised. It would be nice if they could get consistency on the right side, but people may be correct in thinking that for that to happen we will need to get Ifedi back. The Jets run up a solid DL with Williams, Wilkerson and Richardson that has really stuffed the running games of their opponents this season. With guys like Revis not being what they used to - the Jets' pass defense hasn't been nearly as impressive - as the Chiefs was the first time a team hadn't thrown for 300 yards. I don't expect a hugely successful running game this Sunday.

3) Defense. The defense has played really well starting out this season. Giving up the 2 garbage time TDs has moved them to #2 in scoring after 3 games, but they have generally been really good at keeping the points off the scoreboard. After the Jets had 9 turnovers last week - I imagine the Hawks will be ball hawking and the Jets will work overtime on protecting the ball. Seattle needs to get more turnovers, but otherwise the defense has been darn near perfect this season.

4) History. The Seahawks own a 10 to 8 advantage in the series - but haven't won in New York against the Jets since 1983, and are 4-6 overall. Though, Seattle hasn't had the east coast issues they've had in the past in recent years. 10-2 in east coast games since 2012 (just a quick glance, so not sure if 100% accurate, but it's close).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the Jets much this season, but I know Fitz seems to either be really hot or really not. Yesterday was a big NOT. I would hope our D is able to get him to make some mistakes, but so far turnovers have been pretty tough to come by.

If this was a home game I would hope the team would strongly consider resting Russell for a game and then look to get him back out after the bye, but I don't feel as good about putting Boykin out there on the road in NY for his first NFL start. If RW is 80% or better I think you put him out there. Tough call.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has sprained MCL; status uncertain

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has a sprained MCL in his left knee, and his status for the team's Week 4 game against the New York Jets is uncertain.

"Responded beautifully to it," coach Pete Carroll said during his weekly appearance on 710 ESPN Seattle's "Brock and Salk" show. "We give him a couple days and see if anything changes with that, but the first report, getting up in the morning, getting up in the middle of the night, doing his rehab, turned out exceedingly well."

Meanwhile, at running back, the team got some bad news about Thomas Rawls, who was inactive for Sunday's game.

"Thomas, his fibula is what is injured, and it's a little bit worse than we thought," Carroll said. "And it showed up a little bit more today, so it's going to take him a few weeks to get back, so unfortunately he's not going to bounce back.

"We weren't quite sure. It just was clearer today. And all of the docs' observations, we're going to have to sit and wait on him for a little bit. There's nothing you can do about it. He's not going to be in a cast or even in a boot, but it's going to take a little while. It's really sore, and he's just going to have to wait it out."

Wilson was injured in the third quarter of Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers. He came out for one snap but then returned for three more plays to finish a drive.

The Seahawks were up 27-3 at the time and pulled him out of the game before the next possession.

The team has a Week 5 bye, meaning that sitting Wilson against the Jets would give him additional time to get healthy.

Trevone Boykin filled in and completed 7 of 9 passes for 65 yards, a touchdown and an interception.

Rawls sustained his injury in Week 2 against the Los Angeles Rams. Carroll said it's unrelated to the ankle he had surgery on during the offseason.

With Rawls sidelined, the Seahawks will start Christine Michael, who carried 20 times for 106 yards against the 49ers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the Jets much this season, but I know Fitz seems to either be really hot or really not. Yesterday was a big NOT. I would hope our D is able to get him to make some mistakes, but so far turnovers have been pretty tough to come by.

If this was a home game I would hope the team would strongly consider resting Russell for a game and then look to get him back out after the bye, but I don't feel as good about putting Boykin out there on the road in NY for his first NFL start. If RW is 80% or better I think you put him out there. Tough call.

It sounds like he'll play and just take a couple of days off this week. Would love to see the Hawks jump out early like yesterday and give RW the second half off.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like he'll play and just take a couple of days off this week. Would love to see the Hawks jump out early like yesterday and give RW the second half off.
I heard Danny Oneill say today on 710 that he's expected to practice on Wed like normal.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about this game is that when teams get embarrassed in a loss (like we did vs the Rams) the very next week that team normally comes out guns blazing ready and motivated to play. This isn't going to be an easy game this defense will be tested they have BIG receivers in both decker, Marshall, and Enunwa virtually all their receivers are over 6'2'' expect for like one guy not to mention Matt Forte has looked pretty good these first few games. So to match that with the fact that they are home and we have to travel East on a 1PM game makes things harder...still should be a fun game to watch

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do we believe in all this because you know teams will say that player will play so that the up coming opponent has to prepare for him so they could be bluffing

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he misses three weeks thats two L'S

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do we believe in all this because you know teams will say that player will play so that the up coming opponent has to prepare for him so they could be bluffing

I certainly don't believe the Bleacher Report writer. I'll wait to see if Wilson practices tomorrow.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is that right now no one knows definitively either way, and there's not really too much sense in rushing to judgment or making assumptions until we see what happens tomorrow at practice. And even then, that's not going to rule anything out. All we have right now is the injury report from the MRI, which is a sprain of the MCL, and optimism from both Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson about his chances to play in the next game. Anything outside of that is just blind speculation and guesswork at this point.