• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets game notes - Jets fear ACL injury for Revis

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rex Ryan on Alex Smith: “I was hoping he wasn’t as good as he is.” - Inside the 49ers

And quite honestly, it all starts upfront. They have two Pro Bowl offensive linemen and a kid that’s going to be in Anthony Davis. I think that’s a heck of a group. I had the pleasure of working with Greg Roman a couple years in Baltimore, him and Vic Fangio, and both those guys are outstanding coaches.

----------

Q: You talked a lot about the 49ers offense, what about their defense?

RYAN: Yikes. When you look at their players, we have a grading system, and I looked and I said, “Is this right?” They have seven blue players, and what that means is those are Pro Bowl or All Pro players. Seven of them on one defense, and then they’ve got a blue coach in Vic Fangio. I was like, “Whoa!” This is going to be tough. I think it starts with those two inside linebackers, Bowman and Willis. Everybody’s got to be disappointed in Bowman’s play last week – he only had the 18 tackles. And then you look at Aldon Smith and Brooks rushing the passer. And Justin Smith – you guys know how good he is. He might be the best interior defensive lineman in football right now. Certainly he’s tremendous. And Dashon Goldson and Carlos Rogers – Pro Bowl guys. And Whitner, of course. It’s a loaded group. Phenomenal defense and it’s extremely well-coached. Obviously it’s going to be a major challenge going against these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers-Jets injury reports: Sopoaga sits, Jacobs limited

Nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga, who sustained left knee and ankle sprains in the fourth quarter Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, did not practice. Coach Jim Harbaugh said earlier this week that Sopoaga's X-ray checked out OK. But Sopoaga's knee appeared stiff as he was walking around the team hotel on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Cosell on Alex Smith: "He's not quite ready to start just tossing it around unless they orchestrate it for him." - Inside the 49ers

One thing to keep in mind. They called one of their shot plays – I think it was in the first half. Do you remember last year Bruce Miller caught a touchdown pass against the Washington Redskins? They called the exact same play in this game. It was the second series of the game. They called the exact same play, but the Vikings’ coverage took it away. Here’s a play designed to gain big yardage or a touchdown. Last year when they called it, it worked. This year they called it, it didn’t work. Sometimes that happens. But the issue was that was the only shot play they called in the game.