• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets game notes - Jets fear ACL injury for Revis

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/02/had-a-bad-day-team-week-4/

Quarterback: Mark Sanchez, NY J (-4.9)

How bad do you have to be when people are talking up Tim Tebow as a realistic upgrade, and you actually start considering it? Just an utterly horrid display of quarterbacking from a man who almost needs to be sat for his own good.

--------------

Center: Nick Mangold, NYJ (-6.1)

It’s almost like Mangold saved up all his poor play for one game with a performance as bad as you’ll ever see from him. It really has to be seen to be believed from a player we’ve often dubbed the best center of his generation.

------------------

Inside Linebackers: Ray Lewis, BLT (-2.1) and David Harris, NYJ (-6.6)

Two guys more accustomed to seeing positive press than making their way onto this team managed to throw up some poor performances. Neither made the kind of plays that would keep them off the list, with Harris missing an incredible five tackles. Yes five.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put this in the same category as "we beat ourselves" because it minimizes what a team did, but in the reverse. I know it doesn't mean the same thing. I get the "we dominated so much that they quit" but I'd rather dominate a team that tried the whole time. Saying you beat yourself is worse, but now we're saying they beat themselves instead of trying to make it interesting. It also minimizes the other team because it minimizes the effort the opponent gave, just like beating yourself minimizes the good things the opponent did.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manish Mehta:

As the Jets await word on Santonio Holmes, the feeling in organization is that he will be lost for the season with a foot injury. #nyj

I'd say "ouch" but I don't feel that strong about Holmes even though right now he's by far the best they have. At least until Hill develops and explodes like I think he has the chance to with the right development.

Why is he on IR. Does that mean they dont think they will make the SB :frown: