• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets cut Scott, Pace, Eric & Joe Smith & Josh Baker

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
From ESPN:

"(Jason) Smith was acquired last August in a trade with the Rams, a straight-up swap for Wayne Hunter, another right tackle who fell out of favor. Smith, the No. 2 overall pick in 2009, was used exclusively as a backup. He played in 24 percent of the offensive snaps as an extra blocker in the "jumbo" package."

This guy seems perfect to play TE in the jumbo package for the 49ers IMO. He's even fast enough to go out for a pass every once in while. If he'd play for 1-2 mill', I'd love to sign him.

I'd still be open to bringing Leonard Davis back for 1 more season, but Jason Smith would be a long-term solution to that need. And the Niners can't have too many Smiths.

...Well, they can have 1 too many Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, Stephen A. Smith (no relation to Jason or Eric) was talking about the Jets & the Revis situation, and he said the Jets "aint goin' anywhere... Not the way with their receiving corpse is."

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Stephen A. Smith (no relation to Jason or Eric) was talking about the Jets & the Revis situation, and he said the Jets "aint goin' anywhere... Not the way with their receiving corpse is."

Was he being tongue in cheek? I'd definitely refer to the Jets' WR unit as a corpse.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was he being tongue in cheek? I'd definitely refer to the Jets' WR unit as a corpse.

He's called it a "corpse" before in the past, and at this point I'm starting to believe that's how he thinks that word is pronounced.