• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets @ Buffalo will definitely not be played in Buffalo

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills-governor-impractical-317.png

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is your problem? Seems to be an awful lot of pointless hostility around here.

That's rich.

It's time to play a little game that you like to play.

The game might not be played in Orchard Park on Sunday. Beyond that, most of what has been said in this thread is complete nonsense.

You accused everyone in this thread of not knowing what they are talking about, when it was you who had no clue what was going on.

you said:
UB-Kent was postponed yesterday because an equipment truck got stranded in the snow on the way here. All the players were here. There's a chance they play the game at the UB stadium.

Again, you had no clue what you were talking about. The University at Buffalo Stadium was never an option for the Jets @ Bills game to be moved to.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's rich.

It's time to play a little game that you like to play.

You accused everyone in this thread of not knowing what they are talking about, when it was you who had no clue what was going on.

Again, you had no clue what you were talking about. The University at Buffalo Stadium was never an option for the Jets @ Bills game to be moved to.
"little game"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

It turns out that UB was never an option because they aren't equipped to handle an NFL game. It had been suggested by someone local that they might play there, so I posted that. My bad. I should have been smart enough to figure out by myself. No final decision had been made when I made my post, so I qualified what I posted with "might".

However, as I previously posted, there were other points raised by people that were way off. You mentioned something about the stadium might not be ready by Nov. 30. That's complete nonsense. It's going to be near 60 and raining here Sunday and Monday. The snow might all be melted before the Bills finish playing in Detroit. Somebody else suggested the game couldn't be played in Buffalo because the airport was shut down and nobody could get here. Again, complete nonsense. Since I happen to live here, I was simply providing some local perspective.

I don't want to make a big deal about this, but I thought you were being needlessly hostile.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, as I previously posted, there were other points raised by people that were way off. You mentioned something about the stadium might not be ready by Nov. 30. That's complete nonsense. It's going to be near 60 and raining here Sunday and Monday. The snow might all be melted before the Bills finish playing in Detroit. Somebody else suggested the game couldn't be played in Buffalo because the airport was shut down and nobody could get here. Again, complete nonsense. Since I happen to live here, I was simply providing some local perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just have both teams forfeit? Pats are gonna mop the floor with both of them anyway.

...that was another plorst from NEhomer and I approve of this message.
...5...4...3...2...1...[ hammered's on his way/everbody run..!]

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured you read it somewhere. On this particular occasion, Schefter's source got it wrong. The snow in the stadium was never the key issue in determining whether the game was going to be played in Buffalo. They probably could have gotten the stadium cleared out in time if that was the only issue. The biggest problem was/is that county-wide emergency response teams are stretched too thin dealing with the overall magnitude of the storm to be able to insure adequate public safety for the game.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good thing we have global warming or Buffalo would be under a glacier. How's Los Angeles looking now.

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Damn good thing we have global warming or Buffalo would be under a glacier. How's Los Angeles looking now.

You win the complete dick award. If you were here experiencing this, you wouldn't be making a joke about it. Sorry but snow is snow and this isn't just a normal snow storm. No one can forecast 6+ feet of snow and tell everyone to be prepared and not get scrutinized if the forecast was incorrect. This event was very localized that you can actually drive down the road and see the snow pile up very quickly. You can actually see on one side the the street being 1-2' and the other side being 6-7 feet. its really that crazy. People are literately barred alive with out food, gas and other forms of transportation to get the necessity. Sorry but buffalo sees 3' of snow once every year or so, but not this and no one was prepared. Next few days are probably going to be the worst, with fallen leaves clogging up the DI's and rapid snow melt will cause heavy loads on roofs. I hope I'm wrong but the warmth is going to be worst then the snowfall.

Anyways, I'm happy you made a joke about and i hope all goes well with you.:clap:

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win the complete dick award. If you were here experiencing this, you wouldn't be making a joke about it. Sorry but snow is snow and this isn't just a normal snow storm. No one can forecast 6+ feet of snow and tell everyone to be prepared and not get scrutinized if the forecast was incorrect. This event was very localized that you can actually drive down the road and see the snow pile up very quickly. You can actually see on one side the the street being 1-2' and the other side being 6-7 feet. its really that crazy. People are literately barred alive with out food, gas and other forms of transportation to get the necessity. Sorry but buffalo sees 3' of snow once every year or so, but not this and no one was prepared. Next few days are probably going to be the worst, with fallen leaves clogging up the DI's and rapid snow melt will cause heavy loads on roofs. I hope I'm wrong but the warmth is going to be worst then the snowfall.

Anyways, I'm happy you made a joke about and i hope all goes well with you.:clap:
You might want to cut him some slack. Everybody jokes about the snow in Buffalo all the time, even the people who live here.

In case anybody is interested, global warming probably contributed to this storm. Basics of lake effect - cold air passes over warm water, absorbing moisture from the water. When the air gets past the water to the land, the air gets colder, and since cold air can't hold as much moisture as warm air, the moisture gets released in the form of snow. So, the warmer it is in the summer, the warmer the lake gets, and the more intense the lake effect snow in the fall.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived through hurricanes, droughts, tornadoes and blizzards and never got a scratch. If you live in Buffalo and aren't prepared for snow, that isn't a tragedy, it's natural selection. Would you buy a boat and not bother to learn how to swim?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I saw on tv = jets/buff. game will only be televised in the Detroit/new York areas,....and on Direct-TV,......*It would be nice if NFL-NTWRK could televise it*..[?].

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,....living in the north-east/northern-ma. = you put all your summer-furniture/grill away by Halloween and then you get your snow-shovels out by nov-1st.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I saw on tv = jets/buff. game will only be televised in the Detroit/new York areas,....and on Direct-TV,......*It would be nice if NFL-NTWRK could televise it*..[?].
I'm guessing you meant to say Buffalo/NYC areas.

It will be broadcast to the "local areas" for both teams. I'm not sure how far that extends. That part is built into the TV contract. People who live in Buffalo are guaranteed to get every Bills game that isn't subject to blackout.

NFL Network can't carry the game to a larger audience because that would give them additional advertising revenue beyond what was agreed between all the networks in the TV contract.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be broadcast to the "local areas" for both teams. I'm not sure how far that extends. That part is built into the TV contract. People who live in Buffalo are guaranteed to get every Bills game that isn't subject to blackout.

NFL Network can't carry the game to a larger audience because that would give them additional advertising revenue beyond what was agreed between all the networks in the TV contract.
nope,...I heard Detroit/ny-areas........buff is in ny.,.....if Detroit's hosting they might as well receive the game [from what I understand]....it's being produced locally [there] like a pre-season game from what I understand = I could be wrong but that's how I understood it.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey donman = I didn't see your [bills-avatar] so I'll assume you'll know more than me about your game,...I was hearing bits-n-pieces of info all day on ESPN and repeating [the info],....hopefully all goes well = good-luck Monday,....ps......I wish the rest of US can watch too, that'd be one hell of a MNF-night....!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anybody is interested, global warming probably contributed to this storm. .

Oh my :L.

BTW, Captain Climate, we had a very mild, as in cool, summer all across the northeast. :doh: