• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesus Montero

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been very little talk about Montero so I didn't even know he was back. Tacoma currently has him playing DH and playing every other day at 1B

His defense so far...average to sub par but they say he's still learning

In terms of his production at the plate...here are his stat line for the previous 10 games

.263 avg .364 obp .474 slug 1 hr 5 rbi 3 doubles

Montero had a 3 hit game today where he hit a double and drove in a run

I'm interested to see where Montero would fit in if he came back cause we have a huge clog at the 1B and DH position. Smoak is playing very well and Morales is like what 8 for his last 9. Raul has cooled off a bit but he's still gonna see some time here and there at DH. Morse will get plugged in at first and DH here and there as well to give Ackley some time in the outfield.

It's crazy to think that 3-4 months ago we were having a hard time even filling out the major league roster but now we're talking about how we have too many players at a particular position.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's about to be suspended for 50 games so I don't really care what he does right now

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspended or not I dont think the was going to make it back to the big club this year.

Whatever happens with Morales beyond this year will obviously play a big role in the future of Montero with this team or if he will even have one at all. If Morales is signed for 3 or 4 years to be a DH/1B then there wouldnt seem to be a place for Montero.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know why if he took PEDS they didn't work? Did he get the cheap kind or something? Dumb to take them, even more dumb when it costs you 50 games and you never got the benefit of using them. Only a Mariner can cheat and not have anything to show for it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know why if he took PEDS they didn't work? Did he get the cheap kind or something? Dumb to take them, even more dumb when it costs you 50 games and you never got the benefit of using them. Only a Mariner can cheat and not have anything to show for it.

Without getting too much into the chemistry aspect of it, any professional player who gets caught with PEDs is not using the right stuff. That means they are either ignorant about the substance or really getting f'd over.

I have to think he stopped at some point when he was with the Mariners, or before that. One thing a lot of people don't realize is how much this stuff even helps your confidence. Sure, you will see the measurable strength increase but another important aspect of PEDs that cannot be measured is the confidence boost it gives you. My thinking is that he eventually figured he could make it in the major leagues without whatever he was on, and decided to go off. Goodbye production...

Hopefully for our sake he finds a new supplier and goes on another cycle.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without getting too much into the chemistry aspect of it, any professional player who gets caught with PEDs is not using the right stuff. That means they are either ignorant about the substance or really getting f'd over.

To clear it up a little bit. Montero never tested positive for PEDs. An informant had to provided evidence against him. So he was probably taking "the right stuff".

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they did work. They worked just enough for him to hit some dingers in the hitter friendly NYY stadium and get us to bite on the trade. A-Rod probably had something to do with referring him there, so he f'd us again.