• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jessica Jones

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that comparison as well. I think a lot of the reason that you dont feel hit over the head by it in JJ like you do in SG is the acting.

Benoist, while super-hot, is a HORRIBLE actress. Conversely, Ritter is hot, but not OMG hot, but is a quite good actress. Add in Moss and Tennant and you have an amazing cast who can all hold their own in any scene they are in (if not out-right steal the scene).

Growing up, I always pictured DC as the more gritty universe while Marvel was the more cartoonish. Now that image is completely flipped. Arrow, SG, even Flash and Gotham and the images of the Suicide Squad movie have totally flipped that perception. Even SHIELD is rather dark and somewhat real-worldish.

I still consider DC more gritty generally... The only thing here is that the MCU has just done an amazing job...

I still say that the DC animated films are the best superhero films of them all, better than any live action... Just too bad they cant get the live action correct...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that comparison as well. I think a lot of the reason that you dont feel hit over the head by it in JJ like you do in SG is the acting.

Benoist, while super-hot, is a HORRIBLE actress. Conversely, Ritter is hot, but not OMG hot, but is a quite good actress. Add in Moss and Tennant and you have an amazing cast who can all hold their own in any scene they are in (if not out-right steal the scene).

Growing up, I always pictured DC as the more gritty universe while Marvel was the more cartoonish. Now that image is completely flipped. Arrow, SG, even Flash and Gotham and the images of the Suicide Squad movie have totally flipped that perception. Even SHIELD is rather dark and somewhat real-worldish.

Makes you think... Making the correct casting choices really matters... But I don't think it is just the acting that eases the whole feminist call... I think it is the tone of the show... JJ is dark as hell, while supergirl is light and fluffy...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you think... Making the correct casting choices really matters... But I don't think it is just the acting that eases the whole feminist call... I think it is the tone of the show... JJ is dark as hell, while supergirl is light and fluffy...
Sure. I cant argue. SG, I think, is TRYING to hit you over the head with it. They are going after a very specific demo, and Moxie is the only one on this board who is in that demo.

When I watch JJ, I dont get the feel that it matter that JJ is female, though. She is a person who has issues that got caught up in a horrible situation. She now has PTSD because of it, and is doing everything she can to deal with life after the event. The fact she is female is trivial.

Simpson is actually dealing with a lot of the same issues, and his run in with Killgrave opens up all his old wounds which leads him back into his former, "evil" life.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I cant argue. SG, I think, is TRYING to hit you over the head with it. They are going after a very specific demo, and Moxie is the only one on this board who is in that demo.

When I watch JJ, I dont get the feel that it matter that JJ is female, though. She is a person who has issues that got caught up in a horrible situation. She now has PTSD because of it, and is doing everything she can to deal with life after the event. The fact she is female is trivial.

Simpson is actually dealing with a lot of the same issues, and his run in with Killgrave opens up all his old wounds which leads him back into his former, "evil" life.

True, I guess that may be the trick... don't make the main character the feminist... Just have all the feminist agenda surround her...

I looked up simpson, and he is a villain in the comics... The whole red white and blue thing is his calling card... In the comics he has an American flag painted on his face(not sure if it is a tattoo)... Seems a lame villain, but who cares...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think all the feminist agenda actually fits the JJ story nicely... Which is probably the real trick, to actually make it fit...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I guess that may be the trick... don't make the main character the feminist... Just have all the feminist agenda surround her...

I looked up simpson, and he is a villain in the comics... The whole red white and blue thing is his calling card... In the comics he has an American flag painted on his face(not sure if it is a tattoo)... Seems a lame villain, but who cares...
Yea, I looked him up as well. His name is "Nuke" and he is a DareDevil rogue.

I wonder if he will be handled by Punisher, which starts the whole Puny v DD fight in DD S2. Will they incorporate Puny and DDs past in the show, though?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing a blank, which one is Simpson? The cop?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah I always wondered about that dude.. I mean he was "possessed" but came back because he felt bad and then he had those guys that he claimed were his "military" buddies.... Something is going on there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I always wondered about that dude.. I mean he was "possessed" but came back because he felt bad and then he had those guys that he claimed were his "military" buddies.... Something is going on there.
He will be back in the Netflix universe, I suspect. He is a VERY minor rogue in the DD world, so like I said, I expect him back right away in DD S2.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be back in the Netflix universe, I suspect. He is a VERY minor rogue in the DD world, so like I said, I expect him back right away in DD S2.

now I didn't see the episode after the explosion.... So was that ^^ a spoiler alert?

I only saw up until that neighbor walked out with the box and said, "this is from Killgrave" and then there was an explosion

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I didn't see the episode after the explosion.... So was that ^^ a spoiler alert?

I only saw up until that neighbor walked out with the box and said, "this is from Killgrave" and then there was an explosion
Sorry, I am assuming anyone who reads this thread has either seen the whole season, or doesnt mind spoilers...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I am assuming anyone who reads this thread has either seen the whole season, or doesnt mind spoilers...

No worries... I was going to watch the entire series last night but fell asleep. It doesn't shock me that he does in fact die with that bomb... Now the cell phone, I couldn't tell... Did the actually neighbor call it in or did someone else?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries... I was going to watch the entire series last night but fell asleep. It doesn't shock me that he does in fact die with that bomb... Now the cell phone, I couldn't tell... Did the actually neighbor call it in or did someone else?
He doesnt die. He is alive, and think this is revealed almost immediately in the next episode. You actually haven't even gotten to the real core of his character yet.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on episode 7 and I think I wish this show was about Luke Cage instead. Jessica Jones is okay, but I think I'd like her better as a supporting actress.

Killgrave seems okay so far, but by the time I'm done watching this season, I'm hope he seems way more evil and not just like an asshole stalker.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt die. He is alive, and think this is revealed almost immediately in the next episode. You actually haven't even gotten to the real core of his character yet.

Ok good....I would assume that incident "shapes" the character he becomes

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished it last night... Love how they are already set up for season 2 without forcing anything...

All I can say is great job by the MCU... taking unknown(or at least less known) superheroes and giving them a voice... Cant wait for Luke cage and iron fists show.... and whatever else they plan on doing...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on episode 7 and I think I wish this show was about Luke Cage instead. Jessica Jones is okay, but I think I'd like her better as a supporting actress.

Killgrave seems okay so far, but by the time I'm done watching this season, I'm hope he seems way more evil and not just like an asshole stalker.

that is being tough... I loved the creepiness of Killgrave... thought he was actually THE BEST marvel villain so far in any project...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is being tough... I loved the creepiness of Killgrave... thought he was actually THE BEST marvel villain so far in any project...
They really went into Killgraves background and I totally understand why someone with his power would end up completely isolated and have zero empathy.

Well done!