• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jessica Jones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will hold off a day or so before talk about later episodes, but this thread is for those who have watched the whole season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give it a 7/10.

Watchable and enjoyable, but NOTHING compared to Dare Devil.

I knew they weren't going to go this route, but with as powerful as they made Killgrave, you really think that SHIELD or Hydra or the ATCU would have had boots on the ground almost immediately. I understand that these organizations are busy and might not hear about everything that happens, but the Hope case apparently was a pretty big news story. And after the Devil of Hells Kitchen, you would think the neighborhood would be on a radar or two...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched 1 episode so I will avoid reading too much in this thread but it's phenomenal so far. Here I thought that it couldn't get much darker than Daredevil but I was wrong. Then again, when Punisher is introduced I'm sure DD will up it even further than Jessica Jones.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am on episode 7 already.. I am enjoying it so far, but had to take a rest from it... it is very dark... need the occasional light watch....

Love the creep factor of doctor who...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real complaint about the show was the pacing. It was pretty darn slow. But that did build the tension, so there was a point to it.

Also, after the revelation in about ep 9 or 10, it kind of made the first 2/3 of the show rather pointless.

There are lots of tiny little plot holes that can be nit-picked (why didn't SHIELD, Hydra or ATCU get involved with a super-mutant like Killgrave?), but it was good enough to get over.

So who is Simpson? Does he have a comics equivalent? When The tried to kidnap Killgrave the first time, I began to think he may be Iron Fist, but then I remembered that they have supposedly scrapped the iron fist plans for the time being. What were the pills he was taking? What was the organization he worked for? Was that an offshoot of Hydra?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started watching it the past 2 days. I seen up to episode 9.

The first episode I almost turned it off asking myself why the F am I watching this garbage but I am really glad I have stuck with it. Krysten Ritter is pretty hot in it as well.

Killgrave is one hell of a character! That police scene was nuts and how he kept on telling the two housekeepers to eat each others faces if he didn't come back within 2 hours.

Question though: Those two "inn keepers" seemed to know what actually was going on and didn't want to do what he told them too.... Did anyone else catch that?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real complaint about the show was the pacing. It was pretty darn slow. But that did build the tension, so there was a point to it.

Also, after the revelation in about ep 9 or 10, it kind of made the first 2/3 of the show rather pointless.

There are lots of tiny little plot holes that can be nit-picked (why didn't SHIELD, Hydra or ATCU get involved with a super-mutant like Killgrave?), but it was good enough to get over.

So who is Simpson? Does he have a comics equivalent? When The tried to kidnap Killgrave the first time, I began to think he may be Iron Fist, but then I remembered that they have supposedly scrapped the iron fist plans for the time being. What were the pills he was taking? What was the organization he worked for? Was that an offshoot of Hydra?

I don't see that as a plot hole that Shield, or hydra never got into the fight... The police scene showed how great he is at covering himself... He was really only rumor... Plus, his tyranny was very low scale... he really only focused on a small demographic...

I didn't know that they scrapped the iron fist show... that is too bad... I like having these middle of the road superheroes being the main character... Iron fist could have been another great show... And he ties in here, since he was pals and partners with luke cage(powerman)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that as a plot hole that Shield, or hydra never got into the fight... The police scene showed how great he is at covering himself... He was really only rumor... Plus, his tyranny was very low scale... he really only focused on a small demographic...

I didn't know that they scrapped the iron fist show... that is too bad... I like having these middle of the road superheroes being the main character... Iron fist could have been another great show... And he ties in here, since he was pals and partners with luke cage(powerman)
Since I posted that, I read that Marvel is actually still intent on doing Iron Fist. They just don't know when at this point. I read a while ago that they really like Bernthal as Puny, so they are thinking of going that route first. And with a name like Betnthal at the helm, they may be able to go the movie route with Punisher (my opinion - I have not heard anything about thing).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for SHIELD etc, they are on the lookout. There is a pretty high-profile double-murder in NY where the murderer is claiming she was mind-controlled (after disappearing for a few weeks). It is probably BS, but don't you think it is worth investigating? It sounds exactly like an inhuman.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for SHIELD etc, they are on the lookout. There is a pretty high-profile double-murder in NY where the murderer is claiming she was mind-controlled (after disappearing for a few weeks). It is probably BS, but don't you think it is worth investigating? It sounds exactly like an inhuman.

your right... But isn't that one of those issues you just look past right away... If you are going to be that picky(not saying you are) but you can find errors in all the MCU shows/movies...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I posted that, I read that Marvel is actually still intent on doing Iron Fist. They just don't know when at this point. I read a while ago that they really like Bernthal as Puny, so they are thinking of going that route first. And with a name like Betnthal at the helm, they may be able to go the movie route with Punisher (my opinion - I have not heard anything about thing).

At this point there is no reason not to air it... They KNOW people will watch it... And I will be one of them... These netflx MCU shows are DAMN good...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right... But isn't that one of those issues you just look past right away... If you are going to be that picky(not saying you are) but you can find errors in all the MCU shows/movies...
Yup. I do look past it. Just pointing it out. JJ was a very worthy add to the universe. It just had a few issues that, IMHO, prevented it from being at the very top.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point there is no reason not to air it... They KNOW people will watch it... And I will be one of them... These netflx MCU shows are DAMN good...
Two for two so far. And DD S2 looks like it will be OMG good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I do look past it. Just pointing it out. JJ was a very worthy add to the universe. It just had a few issues that, IMHO, prevented it from being at the very top.

Fair enough, but still better than some of the movies... I am not done yet with the show, so cant wait to finish... But Kilgrave might be one of the best bad guys in MCU so far... and to think that in the comics he is actually purple...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but still better than some of the movies... I am not done yet with the show, so cant wait to finish... But Kilgrave might be one of the best bad guys in MCU so far... and to think that in the comics he is actually purple...
They never say "Purpleman" in JJ, but they hint to the purple thing a LOT. It goes really far late in the season.

(Trying avoid spoilers, even though spoilers IS in the title of the thread)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never say "Purpleman" in JJ, but they hint to the purple thing a LOT. It goes really far late in the season.

(Trying avoid spoilers, even though spoilers IS in the title of the thread)

He does wear a purple suit throughout...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting comparing this to supergirl. Both have the female head role and both have many femenist cliches. But JJ does it in this very dark tone and it makes you look past the cliches.

This could be the darkest MCU project yet!! And that is a huge compliment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting comparing this to supergirl. Both have the female head role and both have many femenist cliches. But JJ does it in this very dark tone and it makes you look past the cliches.

This could be the darkest MCU project yet!! And that is a huge compliment.
I thought about that comparison as well. I think a lot of the reason that you dont feel hit over the head by it in JJ like you do in SG is the acting.

Benoist, while super-hot, is a HORRIBLE actress. Conversely, Ritter is hot, but not OMG hot, but is a quite good actress. Add in Moss and Tennant and you have an amazing cast who can all hold their own in any scene they are in (if not out-right steal the scene).

Growing up, I always pictured DC as the more gritty universe while Marvel was the more cartoonish. Now that image is completely flipped. Arrow, SG, even Flash and Gotham and the images of the Suicide Squad movie have totally flipped that perception. Even SHIELD is rather dark and somewhat real-worldish.