• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry "World" Rice

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting in that La Tech game Totten was injured, or something similiar, and it was the last game of the season. Something unusual going on there, just guessing.

Sure if we delved into the big schools in 84 we'd find a few teams MVP could handle.

As I mentioned they didn't even win their conference. So were there a few crappy big schools they maybe could have beaten in a 1-off? Perhaps.

But we could say that about other teams in their division as well.. Alcorn Sate who did win their conference and also beat MVS, for example. 1 guy at WR doesn't turn a football team into some world beater.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know this thread was about the Pats. Stick to the topic.

Using stickum for the entirety of his career was or was not cheating in your opinion?

I am sticking to the topic. I only said that because you went outta your way to try and discredit Rice's career. Never said he didn't cheat. But there was no reason to bring that up in the first place. Also do you think Rice was the only player of his era doing that?

It's funny how some of you Pats fans never pass the opportunity up to discredit a players career while ignoring that your team has also cheated. But like I said, that's different isn't it?

What's next? Maybe you can mention the 70's Steel Curtain dynasty and steroids even though steroids were a league wide problem back then.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some research on that La Tech vs MVS game in 1984

Totten completed 44 of 75 passes for 485 yards — each a I-AA record at the time —but was intercepted six times, twice by Kelly, twice by Adams, and twice by Harry Jackson.

"We did something nobody else did: we sacked the quarterback," Johnson said, who got the quick-triggered Totten once for minus-7 yards. He also had 10 tackles.
"We rushed just three but one of those was Walter Johnson; they were in Totten's face all day long," Terrebonne said. "For the defense, it was a pride thing."

Rice caught 9 passes for 155 yards, but he paid for nearly every one. And for ones he didn't catch.

Yep, 6 INT's will do it.

Hmmmm?

Alcorn vs MVS

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned they didn't even win their conference. So were there a few crappy big schools they maybe could have beaten in a 1-off? Perhaps.

But we could say that about other teams in their division as well.. Alcorn Sate who did win their conference and also beat MVS, for example. 1 guy at WR doesn't turn a football team into some world beater.

I just said.....takes more than just a WR.

Not talking about beating USC, Bama, Texas, Notre Dame etc,

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sticking to the topic. I only said that because you went outta your way to try and discredit Rice's career. Never said he didn't cheat. But there was no reason to bring that up in the first place. Also do you think Rice was the only player of his era doing that?

It's funny how some of you Pats fans never pass the opportunity up to discredit a players career while ignoring that your team has also cheated. But like I said, that's different isn't it?

What's next? Maybe you can mention the 70's Steel Curtain dynasty and steroids even though steroids were a league wide problem back then.

You are completely avoiding the question and deflecting. Is using stickum for the entirety of your career cheating or not? It's a one word answer pal. Yes or no.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mel Blount Rule was in 1978, Rice played all of his career under rules that opened up the passing game.....

He did. But I'm referring to the rule that prohibits hitting a so-called "defenseless player". I believe that came in within the past 10 years or so. It changed the way receivers conduct themselves on routes, basically removing the fear factor for going over the middle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely avoiding the question and deflecting. Is using stickum for the entirety of your career cheating or not? It's a one word answer pal. Yes or no.

What part of never said he didn't cheat do you not understand? But how does the league itself look at Rice? Nobody calls him a cheater like that. You think he was the only player doing that? Or do you feel he should be the only one called out for it? Where's your outrage that HOFer Fred Biltetnikoff cheated?

You can try to diminish what Rice accomplished. Won't work with me, I think he's an all time great. But the funny thing is if Rice was a Pat you're opinion on this would be much different.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grow up son, ok?

As we can see, I just talk sports and music.

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

Niners....Jerry Rice
Rams....Isacc Bruce
Cards....Larry Fitzgerald
Seahawks....Steve Largent
Packers....Don Hutson
Lions....MEGATRON
Vikings.....Chris Carter/Randy Moss?
Bears.....Brandon Marshall
Redskins....Art Monk
Eagles.....Harold Carmichael
Cowboys....Michael Irvin
Giants.....Armani Toomer???
Falcons....Julio Jones
Saints.....Mike Thomas
Buc;s....Kevin House???
Panthers....Steve Smith

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers.....Lance Alworth
Raiders....Tim Brown
Broncos....Rod Smith
Chiefs....Tyreek Hill
Oilers/Titans....Charley Hennighan
Colts....Marvin Harrison
Texans....Andre Johnson
Jags....Jimmy Smith
Pats...Irving Fryar
Jets....Don Maynard
Bills....Andre Reed
Dolphins....Paul Warfield
Steelers....Hines Ward
Browns....Mac Speedie
Ravens.....hmmm?
Bengals....Isacc Curtis

Fix that for me.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stud WR combo's

Mac Speedie and Dante LeVelli Browns
Tom Fears and "Crazy Legs" Hirsh Browns
Ray Berry and John Mackey, ok ok I cheated Colts
Fred Bilenikoff and Cliff Branch Raiders
John Stallworth and Lynn Swann Steelers
Joiner/Winslow/Jefferson/Chandler Chargers

Help!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't find him on any top 50 lists, and it is a shame. No HOF talk, no nothing. But he was a good as it got.