• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry stickin' with Kiffin

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Monday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said "nothing has changed" with his offensive and defensive coordinators.

In other words, he's sticking with beleaguered DC Monte Kiffin. It's hard to believe considering how truly terrible Kiffin's defense was this season, but perhaps Jones buys into the hype that no one could have coordinated a unit so riddled by injury. Of course, dramas have a way of unfolding slowly in Big D, so we'd still write Kiffin's return in pencil. With three weeks having passed since Dallas' latest Week 17 loss, however, it appears the 73-year-old Kiffin will be back for 2014.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the correct move. Why fire Kiffin and then his replacement one year later? That would be two firings within a years time. IMO a new HC and OC would do wonders for the offense. Maybe Marinelli is named HC

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense sucked before the injuries. Get ready for another year of having the worst defense in the league.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense sucked before the injuries. Get ready for another year of having the worst defense in the league.

until JJ allows the coaching staff and the scouts to build this team it will continue to suck.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerrah finally understands that we have a lame duck coach. This team either makes the playoff or every coach gets the pink slip. When the team fails it makes Jerrah look more patient and he may have n easier time recruiting a real head coach

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until JJ allows the coaching staff and the scouts to build this team it will continue to suck.

umm....death remains the more likely requirement for championships in Dallas, and even that leaves an opening for the doom and gloom fans to question.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerrah finally understands that we have a lame duck coach. This team either makes the playoff or every coach gets the pink slip. When the team fails it makes Jerrah look more patient and he may have n easier time recruiting a real head coach

Then that will start the cycle again of, hire a real coach who drafts well and gets them in a position to win, can the coach or have him resign right as they're at the cusp of winning, lame duck yes man is brought in and a supremely talented team underachieves for a few years before all talent is gone and there are 4 or 5 sub par seasons again. Then if Jerry is still alive and kicking, which he will be because let's be real he's living until he's 100, the cycle starts again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with giving him another year. If we could get him some players on his defense, that would help as well.

Is there a stat out there for amount of time a defense gives a QB? It would be hard to come up with, but might exist. I feel like we never consistently got pressure on QB's or made them move, so that makes life tough on the secondary. Said it all along, and still say it...if we want to fix the defense we need to draft the fattest and strongest DL guy we can. I know we need DB help, but we have to be able to A) stop the run and B) get pressure up the middle if the secondary is ever going to be good. Even with the best DB's in the game, if you give a QB enough time he will find someone open.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were not many games where we really pressured the QB. The only games I recall were the games against Philly and the Rams game. In hindsight Kiffin should have blitzed more. Maybe the D is healthy and really gets after the Qb in 2014. I don't understand why we did not use Carter more as a blitzer.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every coach we've had since JJ bought the team has been a lame-duck because JJ won't let them fully do their job. no real head coach will take the job as long as they don't have complete say in what players they bring in or release. notice last year prior to the draft when JG was ask about what directions the team might go in the draft and he turned and looked at JJ and deferred the question to him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HC, OC, and DC have one year to make the playoffs or it's a clean sweep

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Monday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said "nothing has changed" with his offensive and defensive coordinators.

In other words, he's sticking with beleaguered DC Monte Kiffin. It's hard to believe considering how truly terrible Kiffin's defense was this season, but perhaps Jones buys into the hype that no one could have coordinated a unit so riddled by injury. Of course, dramas have a way of unfolding slowly in Big D, so we'd still write Kiffin's return in pencil. With three weeks having passed since Dallas' latest Week 17 loss, however, it appears the 73-year-old Kiffin will be back for 2014.
Just another reason why we will continue to suck for a few more years, wow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if JJ continues to sign crap we are guaranteed to suck no matter who we've got as coaches

JJ is a horrible GM, but this team also has some talent. The coaches are just as responsible as the players in this mess. Good coaching wins us a couple more games two years in a row easy. So enough with the "it's ALL Jerry's fault". The coaches earned their poor grades too...and the players are the ones on the field.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a huge fan of Jerry Jones but you can only blame him for so much.

I mean the Carr signing and moving up in the draft to pick up Claiborne seemed like great movies at the time and who would have thought Ware, Ratliff, Spencer, and Hatcher would never got on the field together. Moving to a 4-3 was definitely the right choice going into the season, it just didn't work out.