• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeffery had surgery..wtf?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he played the whole season with it...I guess it really was a show-me contract.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that he played the whole season... had he ever done that as a Bear?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be back for week 1. So Wentz, Peters, maybe Sprouls and Hicks, and now Jeffery, will all miss camp and preseason. week 1 game will be very interesting.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be back for week 1. So Wentz, Peters, maybe Sprouls and Hicks, and now Jeffery, will all miss camp and preseason. week 1 game will be very interesting.

We'll be OK. All the more reason to hang on to Foles, to be the bridge until everyone is back firing on all cylinders.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains a lot, because I think Jeffrey was very good and so much better than anything we had - but lets be honest, he underwhelmed greatly from what we thought he was capable of. He had a lot of contested balls that he just didn't come down with that we thought he would. THAT SAID, he was still the best we have had in a long time, and just the threat of him there helped others around him tremendously. I understand Jeffrey keeping it quiet. If he hadn't - he might not have been picked up and rehabbed the entire season - possibly being forced into retirement. Instead, he won a SB ring. And truth be told, he played incredible in the SB. What this also means, is that if he gets surgery and gets healthier - we might have an even improved player in Jeffrey. You can't say that Jeffrey doesn't suck it up and play tough either. I'm not mad at him. But if we had lost - ala the TB NFCC game where an injured defender allowed 2 big plays that decided the game and knocked us out of the playoffs because he wouldn't come out of the game -- it might be a different story, and people would be running him out of town. And they say, the end doesn't justify the means. LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw it, but given that he played through it and will be back for opening day, I don't really care. The guy is a straight baller when healthy--heck he was a straight baller playing with a torn rotor cuff--so let him get healthy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all are about to see why the bears let him go, now that he got paid. His pain tolerance will probably fall through the floor now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played hurt most of last year. Now granted, he had a chance to win a ring, and now that he has a ring, maybe he won't play hurt. But..we got this ring, it's hard to complain about Alshon.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times did Alshon get to play in the playoffs with CHI???

I think he will be plenty of motivated still. He got a taste of playoff football AND winning it all. I would bet, he wants more.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 47% of his targets were caught.

4th year in a row it's went down. And the lowest of his career.

One of my favorite receivers, but the injuries are piling up.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 47% of his targets were caught.

4th year in a row it's went down. And the lowest of his career.

One of my favorite receivers, but the injuries are piling up.

Interesting stat....though I would be willing to let it go based on how it heated up at the end of season for him. And how he didn’t pile up any missed time for injuries. Yep, he’s injured. And hopeful he makes it back solid. But he played the entire year injured.

That’s very very in-Alshon like.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat....though I would be willing to let it go based on how it heated up at the end of season for him. And how he didn’t pile up any missed time for injuries. Yep, he’s injured. And hopeful he makes it back solid. But he played the entire year injured.

That’s very very in-Alshon like.
His first couple years in the league I thought he might become one of the best. Liked his ability to go get a ball more than maybe anyone.

Still like him. Don't get me wrong.

Agholor and Ertz were at 65.3 and 67.3 respectively.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is a 50-50 ball receiver. He doesn't get separation, he wins with physicality. So the number is lower than I would want, but not shocked given how he is used. He was not very good the first half of the season, then seemed to get better down the stretch. I think the Eagles kind of learned how to utilize him as the season progressed.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is a 50-50 ball receiver. He doesn't get separation, he wins with physicality. So the number is lower than I would want, but not shocked given how he is used. He was not very good the first half of the season, then seemed to get better down the stretch. I think the Eagles kind of learned how to utilize him as the season progressed.

And maybe it also took until mid year to really have Alshon comfortable with playing with the bum shoulder. He isn't a wimp....but he has sat right down over injuries before. Maybe that was where he went right when the rotator cuff came up (shut it down) and the team talked him into goosing it along, taking him out of having too much thrown his way at the start of the season and just using him as a decoy as he wrapped around it.

By mid season he feels better about the shoulder and starts pushing it more....the team puts him in play much more.

I think there is merit to this being some reality that explains the slow start to the season as well.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually, according to frank in that article above, they were majorly impressed with Jeffrey's route running AND his speed. They say he really moves for a guy as big as he is, as they watch how fast he gets to the 10 and 15 yard marker.

I think being injured (which was supposedly before week 1) had a lot to do with him not coming down with some balls that we thought he should have. But it would have been natural to have a slow start coming into a new system. Then throw on top of that, almost 30% uncatchable balls. then throw on top of that how much he was double teamed, which allowed others on the team to have better matchups.

Bottom line, Alshon was exactly what we needed. And things should only get better as he gets healthy. If he could stay on the field all year even WITH that injury, I think you might find his injuries might be reduced here as well. I think it's still a great pickup, he isn't a me-first player, he isn't breaking the bank, and he helps the team tremendously. screw the stats. He played great in the playoffs, and even better in the SB. I think Wentz/Alshon will continue to be a great combo. But part of Alshon's biggest help, is what he does that are not even on the stats -- putting other plays in better situations for success.