• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Van Gundy thinks Wells Report is BS....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland – DeflateGate has been a hot button topic in all corners of the sports landscape in recent days and that trend continued during the NBA Playoffs on Friday night.

ESPN analysts Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson were on the call for Game 3 of the Bulls-Cavaliers second-round series, and the pair couldn’t help but get off topic to let off some steam about the Wells Report.

Jackson set up Van Gundy for the rant, by comparing a video review of a Bulls foul to the NFL’s investigation of the Patriots and Tom Brady.

“This is almost like the NFL,” Jackson said of the officials reviewing the call. “More probable than not. Aaron Brooks is going to get a tech.”

From there, Van Gundy ripped the language used in the report that could very well lead to a suspension of Tom Brady, as well as additional fines against the organization.

“Don’t even get me started on that,” Van Gundy said after Jackson’s prodding. “That whole report should have been brought to, ‘we don’t know, we don’t know.’ More probable than not? What kind of garbage language is that to assassinate a guy’s character? Oh my goodness.”

Van Gundy continued: “And then [the investigators] work for the league. They are paid by the league and they say it’s an independent investigation? My goodness.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
la%2Bla%2Bla,%2BI%2Bno%2Bhear%2Byou%2Bpatriots%2Bnever%2Bcheated,%2Bla%2Bla%2Bla.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually curious about the wording in the report since so many people are bashing on it. So I asked somebody I know who has a legal degree and worked in an attorney's office for 30+ years about how conclusive this thing really is. Basically what they said is that the words "more probable than not" are more than enough to prove something in any sort of legal case like this where a full investigation is conducted.

I also believe at some point they had somebody on TV explain that this is the most damning ruling you could get in cases like this. No source to back this up though.

Of course I could be making that first part up, this is the internet after all. But either way I don't know why people think there was every going to be 100% concrete evidence. I'm sure that even if there was a video of the entire thing people would still deny it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't get why he's bashing the investigators for being hired by the league. Seems to me the league would want them not to find anything. After all they postponed the release of this whole thing until after the Super Bowl and Draft so it wouldn't distract from all their money making. Does he think accusations of teams cheating is good for the league? I mean, one of the reasons the NBA is disliked so much is because of the favoritism star players receive and all the point shaving accusations. Shouldn't an NBA analyst realize that?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love how people think because the NFL is paying for the investigation it was a witch hunt. Ask yourself who paid Louis Freeh in the Sandusky investigation.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love how people think because the NFL is paying for the investigation it was a witch hunt. Ask yourself who paid Louis Freeh in the Sandusky investigation.

Actually, people think it's a witch hunt because the conclusions of the report are contradicted by the facts in the report.

This leads people to suspect that there was some goal other than reaching a fair and truthful conclusion.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, people think it's a witch hunt because the conclusions of the report are contradicted by the facts in the report.

This leads people to suspect that there was some goal other than reaching a fair and truthful conclusion.
By people you mean Pats fans, right?