• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Ireland pre-draft consultant

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks have hired former Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland as a pre-draft consultant, a source confirmed to ESPN.
Ireland agreed to part ways with the Dolphins on Jan. 7, ending his six-year stint with Miami.
[+] EnlargeJoel Auerbach/Getty ImagesJeff Ireland spent six years as the Dolphins' GM before parting ways with the team in January.

It is unclear whether Ireland will remain with the Seahawks beyond May 10, the last day of this year's draft. Fox Sports reported earlier Saturday that Seattle had hired Ireland.
Miami reached the playoffs only once in Ireland's six seasons with the team. The Dolphins' 2013 season was marred by the bullying scandal involving offensive linemen Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito.
The Dolphins also received mixed results from their high draft picks during Ireland's tenure.
The team selected four-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jake Long with the first overall pick in 2008, less than four months after Ireland was hired.

Miami's other first-round picks under Ireland were cornerback Vontae Davis (2009), defensive lineman Jared Odrick (2010), Pro Bowl offensive lineman Mike Pouncey (2011), current starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill (2012) and pass-rusher Dion Jordan, the third overall pick last year.
The reigning Super Bowl champion Seahawks own the 32nd overall pick in the draft, which begins May 8.
General manager John Schneider and Ireland both worked for the Kansas City Chiefs from 1997 to 1999.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks have hired former Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland as a pre-draft consultant, a source confirmed to ESPN.
Ireland agreed to part ways with the Dolphins on Jan. 7, ending his six-year stint with Miami.
[+] EnlargeJoel Auerbach/Getty ImagesJeff Ireland spent six years as the Dolphins' GM before parting ways with the team in January.

It is unclear whether Ireland will remain with the Seahawks beyond May 10, the last day of this year's draft. Fox Sports reported earlier Saturday that Seattle had hired Ireland.
Miami reached the playoffs only once in Ireland's six seasons with the team. The Dolphins' 2013 season was marred by the bullying scandal involving offensive linemen Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito.
The Dolphins also received mixed results from their high draft picks during Ireland's tenure.
The team selected four-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jake Long with the first overall pick in 2008, less than four months after Ireland was hired.

Miami's other first-round picks under Ireland were cornerback Vontae Davis (2009), defensive lineman Jared Odrick (2010), Pro Bowl offensive lineman Mike Pouncey (2011), current starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill (2012) and pass-rusher Dion Jordan, the third overall pick last year.
The reigning Super Bowl champion Seahawks own the 32nd overall pick in the draft, which begins May 8.
General manager John Schneider and Ireland both worked for the Kansas City Chiefs from 1997 to 1999.

Funny seeing all the Seahawks haters online talking about how Ireland will ruin the team… LOL he's not gonna be the GM he's a fricking consultant to the draft… It's a non factor other than pointing out possible prospects…. John does a pretty good job on his own there… I can guarantee John already has a list of possible guy's he likes… And Pete always has the final say on personnel….

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not a fan of Ireland, but I saw where he found some good players in the lower rounds and like boogie said, he's just a consultant.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically a non-story.

I'm in a financial manager position and I call quite a few shots at work. Often times I will solicit input and feedback from analysts, etc. but end of day I still go with my gut. On occasion junior guys bring up good points and I may re-consider my stance, but end of day I'm making the call.

Same thing here. *shrugs*

That all said, I am always happy to have input at work and sometimes it forces me to take blinders off and consider other beneficial/efficient options. That's all Ireland is doing here.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal, but could only help you guys out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
non-story. there is only possible gain here no subtraction. He doesn't have any say on what or who the Hawks draft he just has another view and more information to add to the whole thing and that is it. The Final say is still with PC and JS.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move on the Hawks part. It doesn't hurt to bring in an extra set of eyes going over game film weighing in on the pros/cons of each player.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get complacent if you never bring in new ideas, so a new perspective may help the team find players they wouldn't've looked at earlier.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ireland did draft a few good guys in Miami like Oliver Vernon and Charles Clay but like someone said earlier he is just a consultant its a group decision with PC and JS final say on who gets picked