• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Garcia to interview for Rams quarterbacks coach position

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of the loop. Someone tell me about Cignetti. Please and thank you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of the loop. Someone tell me about Cignetti. Please and thank you.

From Vita in another thread:

It's the coaching carousel man, that's how it works.

After having his success with Fresno St. he took a job at North Carolina and the head coach who hired him was let go the next season and that dude brought in his own guy. So he too moved and took a job with the 49ers as their QB coach for a year.

He worked that back to an OC spot with the Cal Bears in 2008 and by seasons end he had the Bears Ranked again with 9 wins and an Emerald bowl win vs the Canes. I should mention he had Jahvid Best during that one year and coached him to his best season in college with over 1500 rushing yards. Jahvid's next best season in college was half of that.

With that he wanted to get back near his home and family so he got the OC spot at Pitt where both his Daddy & Brother use to coach and where he got his first coaching gig. At Pitt he took the un-ranked Panthers from the previous season off to a 9-1 start where they ended up Ranked No 15 in the Country. The next year the Panthers had a decent season splitting the conference title but at Pitt they have high standards and a rich history so HC Dave Wannstedt was sort of forced to resign. That too ended Frank's tenure at Pitt and the Coaching Carousel continued to turn for Frank.

So on to nearby Rutgers as the OC where he took over a 4 win team from the season prior and helped them to a 9 win season and a Bowl game win. He quickly was hired by Jeff Fisher after a 1 year stent in New Jersey.

I mean this guy has been good to great everywhere he has been. We have a good one guys. The more I discover about this dude the better I feel about the hire.

What I hear the most about Junior is his ability to coach up QB's and that should come in handy the next couple of seasons.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN radio reported this afternoon that the rams like Hundley but believe he is missing something.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN radio reported this afternoon that the rams like Hundley but believe he is missing something

Then I guess stick with Bradford. :L

But they are not going to show their hand. They're not that stupid. :scratch:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JW is there at 10 or if they trade down and he is there, the Rams will select him otherwise it'll be an O-lineman and they'll pick up a QB in later rounds especially if they trade down and pick up additional picks.

Cougar, I think SJ76 may have you characterized fairly well with Sammie love. How could the Rams not pick a QB this year when everyone knows it is a glaring need?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN radio reported this afternoon that the rams like Hundley but believe he is missing something.

I really think they'll have to move in the draft to get Hundley. With the top 2 QBs off the board in the top 10 (at worst), I think Hundley climbs into the 1st. 10th is too high, and I don't think he'll last until the Rams' 2nd rounder.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JW is there at 10 or if they trade down and he is there, the Rams will select him otherwise it'll be an O-lineman and they'll pick up a QB in later rounds especially if they trade down and pick up additional picks.

Cougar, I think SJ76 may have you characterized fairly well with Sammie love. How could the Rams not pick a QB this year when everyone knows it is a glaring need?

Retro, I think it's beyond blind love, I think that Coug, but actually be Sam Bradford!

I think if Coug had a choice between Bradford and Manning, Brady, Luck, or anyone else he would still take Bradford! After all he did have a great pro day!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea if Garcia took the QB coaching job? This could actually be huge.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supposedly the Rams are still considering him, but want to interview more candidates.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thanks shop son

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher likes to take his time with these things.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN and other sources are saying this -

The St. Louis Rams are hiring a former NFL quarterback to coach their quarterbacks. But it might not be the one you expect.

A week after Rams coach Jeff Fisher interviewed Jeff Garcia for the vacant quarterbacks coach job, he decided to hire Chris Weinke for the job. ESPN's Derek Tyson tweeted the news Thursday morning.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to The Score, the Rams have interviewed and most likely will be hiring former NFL QB and IMG Academy coach Chris Weinke as their new QB coach. I am VERY ok with this hire.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to The Score, the Rams have interviewed and most likely will be hiring former NFL QB and IMG Academy coach Chris Weinke as their new QB coach. I am VERY ok with this hire.

Don't know much about this one. Remember the name and that is about it. Hope it is a good choice.