• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Driskel a Bronco

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only possible NFL level QB we have at the beginning of training camp is Drew Lock. Driskel will not threaten to create any kind of QB controversy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with starting experience who won’t come push Lock. . Pretty much screwed in the NFL if your starting QB goes down anyway unlee you have Nick Foles as your backup! ;)

we needed someone with some experience.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather had Allen as the backup.

I’d slightly prefer Driskel over Allen just because he is more similar to Lock. Easier to run the offense when backup is similar when preparing and less adjustments to make to center an offense around a different QB. I see Driskel as a very tiny uograde over allen but mostly just more similiar to Lock then Allen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's not Chase Daniels - and that's good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien has no experience. We aren’t going into the season with a QB with no experience backing up a young Lock.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis tweeted that they're gonna look to get rid of Flacco with this signing. Can't wait til that bum gets lost. Poor play. Poor attitude. Wasted half a season on a dude that didn't care anymore. Glad we have a young QB now.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting a 2 year deal.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d slightly prefer Driskel over Allen just because he is more similar to Lock. Easier to run the offense when backup is similar when preparing and less adjustments to make to center an offense around a different QB. I see Driskel as a very tiny uograde over allen but mostly just more similiar to Lock then Allen.

I didn't really know anything about Driskell. Still don't, really, but I've been watching the Youtube highlight videos and reading an article here and there. My impression is that you are spot on.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Kubiak behind Elway in 1984.....:D:2cents:

Rypien hasn't looked all that good. Not a big deal. I wouldn't expect him to yet. I did see a flash out of him here and there where he seemed to just throw the ball naturally with a bit of force but he's had a really weak arm for the most part. Maybe with work on his mechanics and comfort at the position he'll do better. Unless he comes into this Training Camp remarkably improved he belongs on the Practice Squad.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien hasn't looked all that good. Not a big deal. I wouldn't expect him to yet. I did see a flash out of him here and there where he seemed to just throw the ball naturally with a bit of force but he's had a really weak arm for the most part. Maybe with work on his mechanics and comfort at the position he'll do better. Unless he comes into this Training Camp remarkably improved he belongs on the Practice Squad.
I’m not suggesting simply awarding Rypien the #2 spot behind Lock. I am suggesting the possibility he claims that spot over Driskel.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis tweeted that they're gonna look to get rid of Flacco with this signing. Can't wait til that bum gets lost. Poor play. Poor attitude. Wasted half a season on a dude that didn't care anymore. Glad we have a young QB now.

Biggest shocker of the off-season. ;)

(Flacco not returning)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't have said it better myself. Allen does not have the arm to do some of the things that Lock was able to do. Driskel obviously isn't as consistent and struggles when his first read is covered but he has some decent arm talent and really the athletic profile is where they line up.

No matter who the backup was though it was always going to be praying that Lock does not go down. Hard enough in this league to find a competent starting QB let alone then a backup.

Also nice that for sure the next two years the QB room will be very cheap. So team can continue to put money into surrounding Lock with talent.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel ate the Broncos alive last pre-season. We can now leverage Shurmur and the QB coaching the Broncos brought in to develop him as the next Kubiak. With what Driscoll will cost against the cap- the Broncos will save $4-5 million at least in back up QB salary. The best way to develop Driscoll is to have Drew Lock play a lot of games in a row - first.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel ate the Broncos alive last pre-season. We can now leverage Shurmur and the QB coaching the Broncos brought in to develop him as the next Kubiak. With what Driscoll will cost against the cap- the Broncos will save $4-5 million at least in back up QB salary. The best way to develop Driscoll is to have Drew Lock play a lot of games in a row - first.

Like 45 or more?