• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Demps ready to play in the NFL

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Demps and put him and LMJ on punt coverage.... our coverage unit will be all time greatest....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's okay, but I'm not overly intrigued. I think we're more than fine at that position fellas.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Demps searches for a team
3:51PM ET
Jeff Demps

A common sports bar debate centers around how effective a track star like Usain Bolt would be at playing in the NFL. As it turns out, a speedster with a slightly lower profile is about to show us what an Olympic-level sprinter can do in the NFL.

University of Florida RB Jeff Demps told NFL teams that he was focusing on his track career this spring, and thus he went undrafted. After returning from London with a silver medal -- he was part of the relay team that ran in qualifying heats for the 4x100 -- Demps has officially filed paperwork with the league that he intends to sign with an NFL team, according to a report posted at NFL.com.

Several teams will be in play for Demps -- who finished his career as a Gator with 2,470 yards on 367 carries (6.7 YPC), 481 yards on 57 receptions and averaged 28.8 yards on kick returns -- but one team that seems especially fixated on him is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to Pewter Report, the Bucs were "close" to signing Demps after he initially failed to qualify for the U.S. track team, but when he was later added as a relay alternate, the deal fell through. Now that he's back and focused on football, Tampa Bay will continue their courtship, as they foresee him as a slot WR, an RB and on returns.

However, there are a number of teams who could use such a player, so expect heavy interest in Demps before he makes his decision.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about an Olympic medalist signing with the Patriots makes me sick! It's going to be a corny cliche for as long as he plays there.