• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Carter Monster Extension

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought one of the stipulations of the Kovalchuk settlement was getting rid of these long contracts.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for the Flyers. As a Penguin fan it will be nice to see him NOT score against the Penguins for years to come. Only if they could stop Giroux...

Seriously it is not a bad deal at all. Also the length is iffy but they did a good job averaging out over the length to hide any circumvention.

As of right now for next year the Flyers would be 1.8 under the cap (obviously will go up) and need 3 forwards. Looks like the Laperriere deal stays on the books since he was over 35 and but if they get smart and waive Shelley they can get some good 4th liners to fill it out. I doubt they will be able to afford to bring back Leino.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a reasonable drop-off, imo.

I don't mind the contract itself, I just thought they actually said that a contract can't go beyond x years. Maybe that was just an idea that had been floated around.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mind the contract itself, I just thought they actually said that a contract can't go beyond x years. Maybe that was just an idea that had been floated around.

Well there's your problem. "X" isn't a number...well I guess it coud be a roman numeral.........or algebraic (is that a word, Dstone?).....whatever.....I guess what I'm trying to say is...

I don't know.:D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a reasonable drop-off, imo.

Seconded.

This would be a good deal over like 3-4 years. Over 11? That's a pretty tough hit. It's going to depend entirely on the economy and whether the cap increases significantly 4-7 years from now.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good deal for the Flyers. As a Penguin fan it will be nice to see him NOT score against the Penguins for years to come. Only if they could stop Giroux...

Seriously it is not a bad deal at all. Also the length is iffy but they did a good job averaging out over the length to hide any circumvention.

As of right now for next year the Flyers would be 1.8 under the cap (obviously will go up) and need 3 forwards. Looks like the Laperriere deal stays on the books since he was over 35 and but if they get smart and waive Shelley they can get some good 4th liners to fill it out. I doubt they will be able to afford to bring back Leino.

vs Pittsburgh Games:35 Goals:14 Assists:15 Points:29

29 points in 35 games isnt enough scoring for you guys? I guess i'll have to go talk to him and see if he can double that production >=D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Pittsburgh Games:35 Goals:14 Assists:15 Points:29

29 points in 35 games isnt enough scoring for you guys? I guess i'll have to go talk to him and see if he can double that production >=D

I know he showed up against the Pens like his 6 goals last season.:mad: I guess it is just wishful thinking going forward.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hes streaky, but when he scores on the Penguins its usually multi-goal. He had his only hattrick up until last week against the Penguins. I was at that game, Umberger had one too that night :o

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes streaky, but when he scores on the Penguins its usually multi-goal. He had his only hattrick up until last week against the Penguins. I was at that game, Umberger had one too that night :o

So true. Boy I hated that game! Umberger being a Pittsburgh kid is a Penguin killer also.

The Flyers didn't miss a beat when Umberger left with Giroux. I like him a lot (except when playing the Penguins) and think he will be a good one for years to come.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crazy long term contracts are a really bad idea. No idea why GMs don't understand that. Yashin, DiPietro, Savard, Kovalchuk. Bad, bad, bad, bad.