• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his injury is to his knee and you hear people say that they are waiting for a nerve to fire?????? Watching his interview today, he spoke about the progress he was making, etc. The thing that caught me though was he kind of said that if you saw him run now that you wouldn't know anything was wrong. Obviously he can't play right now though. I'm guessing if he is really running full speed that there is risk that the nerve may never work again. Anyone know anything else on this or what needs to happen.

I have sort of forgotten about this guy since the season has started. Can't wait to see him play.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid may never make it back, but I'm rooting for him. Just a great, high character young man. Anything he brings in the future is gravy after this great draft, but this kid talent wise is a better CJ Mosley, without the punkass attitude

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a rumor going around that smith's nerve has begun to regenerste. this obviously would be great news for next season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems slim to no chance at all he plays this year and "activating" him won't change that. Just move again after 3 weeks likely. Nerve "starting" to regenerate and getting to where he can play are two different things. Fingers crossed for next year:hope:

If ever healthy...look out...

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is going to try to push him back when playoffs come... just got a feeling...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith were to make it back anywhere near where he was, this might go down as one of the 5-10 greatest drafts of all time, let alone in Cowboys history. It's pretty obvious to everyone that we've gone from the worst GM in football to one of the best.
Imagine this scenario...instead of Stephen getting his way and taking Zach Martin, Jerry just does whatever he wants(as he did for a couple of decades) and goes against what his own scouts are telling him, and takes Johnny Manziel. The trickle down, of course, is that the Cowboys would not have taken Dak Prescott this season. So that one move nets a difference between having Zach Martin and Dak Prescott instead of Johnny Football and whoever Jerry picked in the 4th round this year instead of Dak.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is going to try to push him back when playoffs come... just got a feeling...
No, there's no way. He's not even going to go through any contact drills. By activating him, they get a 3 week window in which they can put him through light practices and workouts to gauge his progress. Bringing him back this season would be a terrible decision, one Jerry might have made a few years back, but not Stephen. They know if they can bring this kid along and just have him ready for next season, they might have won the lottery for the second straight year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I had written off Jaylon Smith ever playing meaningful football for Dallas months ago, I will be one happy MoFo if he ever gets all the way back healthy.

Fun to think about. The Cowboys 2016 draft class could have the makings to go down as an all time great draft. Already Dallas has what look to be 4 starter quality players in Prescott, Elliott, Collins, and Brown. If Smith regains his form, the Cowboys will have hit the fucking Power Ball. Then there is still Charles Tapper, who we won't see until next year, and he might be a useful piece too.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if he ever gets 100% , but if he does he has all pro talent. he was a freak at ND.. his skill translate and he would be an elite game changer on this defense if he recovers.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that their decision to activate rookie LB Jaylon Smith is because they “wanted to keep his eligibility alive” for this season. (Drew Davison)
  • Jones also mentioned that they have “to find a place” for RB Darren McFadden, who is also being activated from the non-football injury list. (Charean Williams)
  • Jones said he expects CB Morris Claiborne (groin) to play again before the end of the regular season. (David Helman)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that their decision to activate rookie LB Jaylon Smith is because they “wanted to keep his eligibility alive” for this season. (Drew Davison)
  • Jones also mentioned that they have “to find a place” for RB Darren McFadden, who is also being activated from the non-football injury list. (Charean Williams)
  • Jones said he expects CB Morris Claiborne (groin) to play again before the end of the regular season. (David Helman)
I can't imagine keeping both McFadden and Dunbar on the roster. There is just no need. I've gone over my reasons for Dunbar over and over and how McFadden doesn't do anything that we don't already have. Hope Dunbar is the guy we keep. 3 weeks will tell us which

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine keeping both McFadden and Dunbar on the roster. There is just no need. I've gone over my reasons for Dunbar over and over and how McFadden doesn't do anything that we don't already have. Hope Dunbar is the guy we keep. 3 weeks will tell us which
with Zeke, Morris, and Jackson in 17 I could see both Dunbar and McFadden out of Dallas

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys activate Darren McFadden; Jaylon Smith officially done for year
Smith, a rookie linebacker from Notre Dame, has been dealing with nerve damage in his knee

The Dallas Cowboys officially ended Jaylon Smith's season and added another running back, Darren McFadden, to their already explosive backfield.

On Tuesday, the Cowboys (11-2) made two important roster movies.

One, they moved Smith to injured reserved. Drafted in the early second round by the Cowboys, Smith has yet to play this season because of a nerve issue in his knee, which he hurt in his final game at Notre Dame. The linebacker was viewed as a top-10 prospect before suffering the injury and the Cowboys always knew that there was a chance he wouldn't play this season. It turns out Smith will have to wait until next year to make his professional debut.

Still, Jones expressed optimism about Smith.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys' leading rusher from a year ago is now available to play. McFadden eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark a year ago, but has dealt with an elbow issue this year, which began when he slipped by a pool and broke his elbow over the summer.

McFadden will serve as depth behind the league's leading rusher, Ezekiel Elliott, and Alfred Morris. The Cowboys rank second in the NFL with 152.2 rushing yards per game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make room for McFadden the team released Darius Jackson. I think this will bite them in the ass in the long run. If rather of released Dunbar.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make room for McFadden the team released Darius Jackson. I think this will bite them in the ass in the long run. If rather of released Dunbar.
I don't understand that move. Release Dunbar or McFadden, not this kid. I guess they figure they can stash him on the PS pretty easily and he has no role at all this year anyway.

With Zeke and Morris you are only looking at a #3 RB at best for DMac or Dunbar and still have a solution if you release one and injuries hit if the other and Jackson are on the roster. I'd release McFadden because Dunbar plays STs, but expected teh team to release Dunbar. Is McFadden going to be active? Is he running down on punts and kickoffs to make a tackle? He has no role unless he moves ahead of Morris. If they see him as #2 then he should be active on game day of course, but I like Morris better. Maybe if he still has some jump in his step he gets those 3 or 4 carries a game that go to Morris and makes something happen. I guess they might as well make him active this week and give him a few plays to see how he looks. He probably earned that right last year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been reading today that Jaylon Smith has told the Dallas training staff he is now feeling a tingling sensation in his injured leg/foot. Apparently this has been the case since November, according to what I have read.

Sounds like GREAT NEWS Cowboys fans!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a healthy smith and Lee? Maybe draft defense early in the next two drafts. Maybe Gregory gets his head out of his ass and becomes dedicated, I see the talent he has. Irving needs more help. Irving is a ferocious pass rusher and teams will have to double him

There are some nice toys for marinelli. You have the 6th round corner playing his ass off. Jerruh needs to open the wallet and pay mcclay.

I also think that the Cowboys have a nice package when they bring in 5 or 6 dbs. I want to see more of this