• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith

Do you take Jaylon Smith (Arguably best player in the draft) and redshirt him a year at #16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what the hype is with Jack. I've seen some sights ranking him as a top 3 player in the draft.

Some were comparing him to Von Miller but Miller had almost 40 TFL and 27 sacks his last 2 seasons of college.

Not sure why they are comparing him to Miller. He is not the same type of player IMO. I would not use him as a 3-4 guy. He is better in coverage, but can be a speed rusher if needed. Just not to Millers staus. Jack is much lighter than Miller and more versatile then any other LB in the draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith is expected to miss the entire 2016 season.

It rules him out as a first-round pick. Smith is dealing with nerve damage in his knee/ankle. He's expected to redshirt as a rookie, but might never make a full recovery. A top-ten talent, Smith led Notre Dame in tackles the last two seasons.

Albert Breer compares Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith's nerve damage to ex-South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore's injury coming out of college.

Wouldn't touch him in any round.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase

I might spend a 7th on him. IMO truly no risk then. Not doing the risk vs reward thing either. The % or 7th round kids who are playing to a second contract is very low anyway. Even for kids not drafted by MM's.

There's a completely different training staff on board now. Under the old regime, I agree 100% on not touching him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith is expected to miss the entire 2016 season.

It rules him out as a first-round pick. Smith is dealing with nerve damage in his knee/ankle. He's expected to redshirt as a rookie, but might never make a full recovery. A top-ten talent, Smith led Notre Dame in tackles the last two seasons.

Albert Breer compares Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith's nerve damage to ex-South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore's injury coming out of college.

Yeah, didn't know it was that serious. Pretty sad but I have to agree. He was exciting to watch but if it's nerve damage, can't draft him. Unless Ngata can mentor him with some HGH

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase

I might spend a 7th on him. IMO truly no risk then. Not doing the risk vs reward thing either. The % or 7th round kids who are playing to a second contract is very low anyway. Even for kids not drafted by MM's.

There's a completely different training staff on board now. Under the old regime, I agree 100% on not touching him.

My guess is some team(49ers Trent Baalke is salivating) roll the dice on him in the 2nd.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for who the best LB in the draft will be. Look for Jack to be a top 10 pick easy. Maybe top 5.

Also, I had a similar injury. Smith will no longer be an ambi-cutter. Eventually that injury will put stress on other parts of his body and something else will break down (hip or lower back most likely). He is in serious trouble.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for who the best LB in the draft will be. Look for Jack to be a top 10 pick easy. Maybe top 5.

Also, I had a similar injury. Smith will no longer be an ambi-cutter. Eventually that injury will put stress on other parts of his body and something else will break down (hip or lower back most likely). He is in serious trouble.

Hopefully he got his degree.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but did he have one with the NYG is the more important question ? was Mayhew taken out of the capology office for this one and only interview specifically ?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he failed the physical or after?

I'm sure the Lions are one of the teams who have taken him off their board after meeting w him.