• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Z is such an imbecile

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I wish I woke up a couple of hours later this morning so there'd be s simple yes or no being reported instead of this garbage.
Haha, this is exactly what I did. Got up about 8 and turned on the Q13 news. They were doing their (kinda ridiculous) Blue Friday thing and as soon as the picture came on they announced it. Great timing.

Speaking of that Q13 Blue Friday tailgate thing. Did anyone else see this? It looks like they just went out and handed Hawks gear to every homeless person they could find in Sodo and put them on camera to "dance" behind the reporters. :lol:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe you should have just ended your post after you first sentence, the one about prematurely posting this thread.

Or maybe you could fuck off? At the time it was reported negotiations had ended with the Mariners and Cano, a source inside the Mariners said a deal was then unlikely.

Does not change the fact that Jay-Z is an imbecile and was probably just a hinderance on the entire process. Guy never even completed a high school education.

The fact is Jay-Z almost ruined the Mariners deal with Cano.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe you could fuck off? At the time it was reported negotiations had ended with the Mariners and Cano, a source inside the Mariners said a deal was then unlikely.

Does not change the fact that Jay-Z is an imbecile and was probably just a hinderance on the entire process. Guy never even completed a high school education.

LOL The fact is that Cano and Jay-Z are getting paid while you're making shit up.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL The fact is that Cano and Jay-Z are getting paid while you're making shit up.

GET.THE.FUCK.OUT.OF.HERE.

Come here and insult one of the smartest fans on this board. Just GTFO troll!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't this kind of contradictrory, both in respect to the man himself, and to the process that was just completed?

He may have little to no "book smarts", but, doesn't that make what he has accomplished in life all the more impressive. And, for as little work as he probably did to make this happen, he will likely end up with around $ 18 - $ 20 mil in his pocket for his troubles?

I could only dream of being this kind of stupid.........

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I making shit up? I posted a link that confirms what I said.

I don't see any link that you posted. I see a quote in your OP that reports Jay-Z asked for a $252 million deal and I read your comment about how that cost Cano $20 million. I then read a report that the Cano deal is for $240 million. Other than that, what I wrote about you making shit up referred to the portion of your post that I highlighted about how you "imagine" the negotiations went.

You were clearly right about one thing, though, you did post this thread prematurely.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this kind of contradictrory, both in respect to the man himself, and to the process that was just completed?

He may have little to no "book smarts", but, doesn't that make what he has accomplished in life all the more impressive. And, for as little work as he probably did to make this happen, he will likely end up with around $ 18 - $ 20 mil in his pocket for his troubles?

I could only dream of being this kind of stupid.........

He almost stopped the negotiation process.

Plus people don't realize an agent from CAA (creative artists agency) which is one of the most powerful agencies in the world was with him.

You can be that kind of stupid if you can rap.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET.THE.FUCK.OUT.OF.HERE.

Come here and insult one of the smartest fans on this board. Just GTFO troll!

LMAO Carry on with your circle jerk, fellas! I'm out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any link that you posted. I see a quote in your OP that reports Jay-Z asked for a $252 million deal and I read your comment about how that cost Cano $20 million. I then read a report that the Cano deal is for $240 million. Other than that, what I wrote about you making shit up referred to the portion of your post that I highlighted about how you "imagine" the negotiations went.

You were clearly right about one thing, though, you did post this thread prematurely.

Jay Z asked for 252m. The 20m number was an assumption based on the fact that the Mariners offered significantly more.

The Yankees only offered around $170m. If the negotiations ended Cano would have likely received a lot less. The Mariners paid a premium for him.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about damn time a big time free agent comes to Seattle! I talked about how this contract will be bad for the M's later down the road, but so what? It's only once in a while that you can get a player like Cano and Seattle can be competitive immediately if they can get another bat.

Seattle also has a ton of money to spend, so I think this is a decent move. The window will be small as I see the M's having possibly 4-5 years to get better before this contract turns bad.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious how excited M's fans would be, but they seem hung up on Jay-Z. Ya'll should be celebrating. I'm not a big M's fan but I hate the Yankees and LOVE that Seattle snatched their guy. Go M's!

Jay-Z probably gets a few more clients after this one. Negotiations take a long time. Mr. Carter scored a big one here.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you except for the argument about never completing high school. You can't deny that Jay-Z has "some sort" of business smarts, he has made a lot of $ and not just from music. He may well have almost ruined the entire thing but he's learning while on the job.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you except for the argument about never completing high school. You can't deny that Jay-Z has "some sort" of business smarts, he has made a lot of $ and not just from music. He may well have almost ruined the entire thing but he's learning while on the job.

Most of his money is derived from revenue related to his music. He has 15 platinum albums and his most recent tour with Kanye West was wildy successful. The other chunk of his net worth comes from Rocawear clothing which he sold for $200m in 2007, which accounts for 40% of his net worth. If you consider plastering his face over a clothing brand business smarts then okay.

His business smarts are greatly exaggerated IMO. People seem think he has business smarts simply because he actually invested his money, instead of taking the Lil Wayne route and spending it all on homes, cars, jewerly and partying.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of his money is derived from revenue related to his music. He has 15 platinum albums and his most recent tour with Kanye West was wildy successful. The other chunk of his net worth comes from Rocawear clothing which he sold for $200m in 2007, which accounts for 40% of his net worth. If you consider plastering his face over a clothing brand business smarts then okay.

His business smarts are greatly exaggerated IMO. People seem think he has business smarts simply because he actually invested his money, instead of taking the Lil Wayne route and spending it all on homes, cars, jewerly and partying.

Can you at least then give him - Smarter than your average rapper? Heck, following this logic train, he is smarter than all of the ex jocks ( most of who have college degrees ) who had and made millions, only to piss them all away.

I'm no Jay Z fan by the way. More of a stickler for word usage.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2013 winner of "Smartest man on Sportshoopla" competition

If you can, can you forward me an invite to the 2014 event. I would love to give that a go.

:suds:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mistakenly thought that Howie completely shut down negotiations when Jay-Z asked for the 10 year/$252 million.

Now that we know that wasn't the case, seems that Jay-Z did an excellent job, and read the situation correctly. Tried to match the a-rod contract, and knew that the M's were so desperate, they wouldn't completely shut things down, but give his client $15 million more for a 10th year....which we all pretty much know he probably won't be playing anyway at 41.

Seems like a pretty savvy agent to me.

It's what, the 4th biggest contract in MLB history?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mistakenly thought that Chuckie completely shut down negotiations when Jay-Z asked for the 10 year/$252 million.

Now that we know that wasn't the case, seems that Jay-Z did an excellent job, and read the situation correctly. Tried to match the a-rod contract, and knew that the M's were so desperate, they wouldn't completely shut things down, but give his client $15 million more for a 10th year....which we all pretty much know he probably won't be playing anyway at 41.

Seems like a pretty savvy agent to me.

It's what, the 4th biggest contract in MLB history?

I saw 3rd just a bit ago, but I have to bail now, so I won't have time to find and share the source.