• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Paterno Wanted Job at WVU

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd rather have Jeff Mullens back before JayPa. He had a world class D that made that program. I couldn't tell ya the countless times that worthless offense that his father insisted on and he ran nearly cost them games. They should thank the lord LJ was able to recruit some studs in 05 and Galen Hall changed that offense a bit or they would have a few more losing seasons between 00' and 14'.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would add value...He could certainly recruit Pennsylvania..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much baggage. Bradley was made a sacrificial lamb for the sins of Sandusky. Kind of flew under the radar. Jay was too much in the negative spotlight. He and another coach who was on the PSU staff are suing because they cannot find a coaching job after applying to 3 coaching gigs. I didn't know it was PSU's responsibility to find him a job after an entire staff was replaced.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much baggage. Bradley was made a sacrificial lamb for the sins of Sandusky. Kind of flew under the radar. Jay was too much in the negative spotlight. He and another coach who was on the PSU staff are suing because they cannot find a coaching job after applying to 3 coaching gigs. I didn't know it was PSU's responsibility to find him a job after an entire staff was replaced.

I am not sure we have the same definition of "Baggage" ...IMHO he was collateral damage...to me "Baggage" looks like John Calapari, Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino, Pete Carroll, Lane Kiffin, Rich Rodriguez and Mike Locksley.....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure we have the same definition of "Baggage" ...IMHO he was collateral damage...to me "Baggage" looks like John Calapari, Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino, Pete Carroll, Lane Kiffin, Rich Rodriguez and Mike Locksley.....

I guess. Jay was in a bad spot and would do what, just about, every son would do for his father and family reputation. Jay isn't the hottest commodity in the coaching world. I wouldn't have brought him into the program just to recruit Pennsylvania, especially when you do not need any more negative attention.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. Jay was in a bad spot and would do what, just about, every son would do for his father and family reputation. Jay isn't the hottest commodity in the coaching world. I wouldn't have brought him into the program just to recruit Pennsylvania, especially when you do not need any more negative attention.

And I see it the same way...Just has to be tough that something like this that your stained by, might put you in a situation to wear the scarlet letter the rest of your life and no one out there to throw you a life line to get yourself going again...just seems like the guy deserves a chance to get on with things...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I see it the same way...Just has to be tough that something like this that your stained by, might put you in a situation to wear the scarlet letter the rest of your life and no one out there to throw you a life line to get yourself going again...just seems like the guy deserves a chance to get on with things...

I think that part of it is that he expected to go to a "high profile" team. He can go to a small program to reinvent himself and prove to others he has the talent to be on a D-1 level. Some say he couldn't coach, recruit, and rode on his father's coat tails. I'm not sure what type of experience that he had prior to joining JoPa's staff, but he may have to set his expectations a little lower and prove himself. Bradley was caught in the same mess and was replaced as a HC due to Sandusky's actions. The difference between how Bradley can move to good D-1 programs is that Bradley already had a good track record.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that part of it is that he expected to go to a "high profile" team. He can go to a small program to reinvent himself and prove to others he has the talent to be on a D-1 level. Some say he couldn't coach, recruit, and rode on his father's coat tails. I'm not sure what type of experience that he had prior to joining JoPa's staff, but he may have to set his expectations a little lower and prove himself. Bradley was caught in the same mess and was replaced as a HC due to Sandusky's actions. The difference between how Bradley can move to good D-1 programs is that Bradley already had a good track record.

That is an excellent point....he should consider a lesser program maybe even 1-AA..Bowden did it at Akron.. or maybe PITT's hiring??:lol:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an excellent point....he should consider a lesser program maybe even 1-AA..Bowden did it at Akron.. or maybe PITT's hiring??:lol:
If he can wait 2-3 years!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he ever coached anywhere besides PSU. Riding on his dads coattails may have been a good thing before Sandusky, but it hurts him now.

I agree that going to lower divisions to make a name for himself outside of his Dad would be a good idea.