• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaws on ESPN SportsCenter Draft Special said.....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
......he thinks Kaepernick has a chance to be one of the greatest QBs of all time.

No way would I ever go that far yet but I will say I expect CK to be a top 3 QB in the league by 2014.

Also I won't say Jaws is completely crazy because Kaepernick is extremely physically gifted, has the right mental makeup, and in a perfect situation for a QB to flourish in which is the recipe for that kind of success.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
......he thinks Kaepernick has a chance to be one of the greatest QBs of all time.

No way would I ever go that far yet but I will say I expect CK to be a top 3 QB in the league by 2014.

Also I won't say Jaws is completely crazy because Kaepernick is extremely physically gifted, has the right mental makeup, and in a perfect situation for a QB to flourish in which is the recipe for that kind of success.

i like to be cautiously optimistic, so won't even think top 3. i'll be very happy if he just keeps doing what he's doing.

obviously, the main thing is his passing skills, the running is just gravy.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the same thing about another QB back in the day. Randal Cunningham

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the same thing about another QB back in the day. Randal Cunningham

Jaws was being partial as well, considering his ties to the Eagles franchise.

One thing about Kaep is that he likes to take on people - I know he has the physical tools to run very fast and even take on tacklers, but as a franchise QB he's going to have to be a little smarter in terms of preserving himself. He has acquired some weapons now, some weapons returning (Hunter and Kyle), and some weapons that have something to prove (AJ Jenkins, Patton, and McDonald). All that plus playing behind a beast of an OL and a FB he can flat out truck people should make this a very interesting season for CK7.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Kaep becomes of the greatest QBs of all time, I'm gonna feel really silly for wanting guys like Marvin Austin, Kyke Rudolph & Greg Little ahead of him. :redface:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That already makes you look silly. ;)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Kaep is that he likes to take on people - I know he has the physical tools to run very fast and even take on tacklers, but as a franchise QB he's going to have to be a little smarter in terms of preserving himself.

Gotta disagree. He tends to protect himself very well when scrambling/rushing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That already makes you look silly. ;)

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. :clap:

...in my defense, there weren't a lot of people who liked that pick, and it was before Harbaugh had proven himself as a great NFL head coach; so people didn't just assume he knew what he was doing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Again in my defense, I said Kaep should be starting over Alex even before Alex got hurt. He was clearly a better option at QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws was being partial as well, considering his ties to the Eagles franchise.

One thing about Kaep is that he likes to take on people - I know he has the physical tools to run very fast and even take on tacklers, but as a franchise QB he's going to have to be a little smarter in terms of preserving himself. He has acquired some weapons now, some weapons returning (Hunter and Kyle), and some weapons that have something to prove (AJ Jenkins, Patton, and McDonald). All that plus playing behind a beast of an OL and a FB he can flat out truck people should make this a very interesting season for CK7.

I guess I have a different observation than you do. I feel the "experts" who said that he will get injured as a running QB didn't watch Kaep play. He is very good at not getting greedy, trusting in his abilities and the offense to go out if bounds and not get that last one yard. I feel Smith trusted too, but ironically, the big hit in the Rams game it seemed he was going for that meaningless yard and then that QB sneak was unnecessary.

I guess if I really thought about it, I could find maybe a few where Kaep "took on people" but they didn't seem like unnecessary mives.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i recall the only game where Kaep ran a lot was Green Bay? don't see us featuring the read option THAT much? if Kaep can continue with his passing game, he won't run much.

we like to run the ball first and next, have added steady pass catchers, use them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, Kaep isn't that small a guy?

Russell Wilson is smaller, Tavon Austin is smaller, maybe those teams have to worry more than us?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again in my defense, I said Kaep should be starting over Alex even before Alex got hurt. He was clearly a better option at QB.

I was happy with the pick only because he played college in the closest school to where I grew up. I did though, think he needed another year to become the starter. I am happy to say I was wrong about that.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Brees, Manning, Brady and Rogers, I would take Kap is and his upside over any other QB

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I was starting a new franchise today I would take either Kaep or Andrew Luck at QB, and it would be a tough decision.

I wouldn't look at any other QB, they are all too old for starting a franchise.

Even QBs peak at an average of just under 29.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess I have a different observation than you do. I feel the "experts" who said that he will get injured as a running QB didn't watch Kaep play. He is very good at not getting greedy, trusting in his abilities and the offense to go out if bounds and not get that last one yard. I feel Smith trusted too, but ironically, the big hit in the Rams game it seemed he was going for that meaningless yard and then that QB sneak was unnecessary.

I guess if I really thought about it, I could find maybe a few where Kaep "took on people" but they didn't seem like unnecessary mives.

Yeah, I only remember one or two pretty good shots that Kap took last year. I was impressed by how well he gets out of bounds before taking big shots. Of course, if we keep running the read-option too often, teams will take the opportunity to get in licks. Got to use that look somewhat sparingly IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I only remember one or two pretty good shots that Kap took last year. I was impressed by how well he gets out of bounds before taking big shots. Of course, if we keep running the read-option too often, teams will take the opportunity to get in licks. Got to use that look somewhat sparingly IMO.

if Kaep keeps passing the way he did, we shouldn't need the option that much. we basically go with our 'power' running, balanced with passing. we have more options now in the passing game, making it harder to defend. defenders can't assume anything?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna look at the tape of the GB game but I remember Kaep running right at the safety. You guys are probably right, perhaps the quantity wasn't as frequent as I thought they were, but I can remember that game in addition to perhaps the Rams game where he was pretty aggressive in his running plays.