• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Javedien Clowney and Talor Lewan

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright.. Alright.... I'm tired of hearing Jacobs philosophy:laugh3: on how to draft, so here's mine.

IMO.... the best case scenario for this team to be competitive ASAP, @ #2,#13 are Clowney/Lewan. That's right, spend all our picks in the trenches and why not take the best in the draft?
Huh?? Think about it, our d-line and o-line would be the best in the division.

on Lewan...
Taylor Lewan on why he's the Best

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO NO... if the Rams brass are serious about not drafting Watkins then the absolute best way to go is Matthews or Robinson with the first pick and Aaron Donald with the pick at #13. Clowney would not be on the field for 3 (or 4) downs on any given drive. Aaron Donald on the other hand, plug his ass right next to Brockers and NOBODY gets through that line and NO quarterback is safe. And no, Clowney cannot play inside and neither can Long... sorry

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU

You can't assume Clowney will barely see playing time.

If the Rams drafted him, trust me, they are doing it for a reason. And Fisher/Williams will find a way to pair him with Long and Quinn as well as when those guys need breathers.

There were 20-25 plays per game last season when Long AND Quinn were not on the field. Clearly, Clowney would take those snaps as well as the ones where either Long or Quinn are off the field individually. Plus, whatever way Fisher and Williams work in other formations to get all 3 on the field at the same time.

I'm not saying the Rams definitely should take Clowney, but if they do, they obviously have a plan to use him more than you suggest.

So don't discount Clowney just because you think he won't play much.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I could make the same argument about Donald as you did for Clowney. He will be playing behind Langford and Brockers and a couple more experienced DT's.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lewan is too much of a Incognito risk. Talent wise, I'm on board, but that whole r*pe situation where he threatened the victim makes me queasy.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I could make the same argument about Donald as you did for Clowney. He will be playing behind Langford and Brockers and a couple more experienced DT's.

Don't forget newly acquired Alex Carrington. He came from Buffalo, he was a DE in a 3-4 defense. He didn't like playing DE and selected the Rams to play DT in a 4-3. He could have signed with the Ravens/Steelers but chose to come here to play DT. He is a 3 technique guy, perfect fit! All we need now is Clowney, Fisher is slowly building a concrete wall!!

Alex Carrington chooses the St. Louis Rams | Q

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lewan is too much of a Incognito risk. Talent wise, I'm on board, but that whole r*pe situation where he threatened the victim makes me queasy.

I don't know, its hard to say, but he will be hard to pass on. He is good enough where he probably wont be there at 13 anyways. He has already admitted his issue to all NFL teams during his interviews so that says something about him.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't some things transcend winning football games? Why would you want guys like Britt and Lewan? I wouldn't even let them use my outhouse let alone let them anywhere near my home. I guess some would draft Hitler if they thought he would win more games for them. Not trying to be pious, but if you can't conduct yourself appropriately and win honorably you do not have my respect no matter how good you are. God gives talent, how you conduct yourself is entirely on you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't some things transcend winning football games? Why would you want guys like Britt and Lewan? I wouldn't even let them use my outhouse let alone let them anywhere near my home. I guess some would draft Hitler if they thought he would win more games for them. Not trying to be pious, but if you can't conduct yourself appropriately and win honorably you do not have my respect no matter how good you are. God gives talent, how you conduct yourself is entirely on you.

It crosses a line for me. I don't have a problem with giving second chances to guys who get busted for pot, or made bad decisions by taking money from boosters, etc, but some things you just steer clear of.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have good coaching and it allows us to focus on other positions of need. Sure its a risk but we got Britt cheap and they sign him to a 1 year incentive type deal, if he doesnt perform, then see ya later. No big deal... At one time he was a decent(under Fisher), now he is reunited with him.

As far as Lewan, yes, these are serious charges, sounds like he beat the crap out of a guy after a football game.

In 2009, it sounds as though he stuck up for his buddy. The 2009 r*pe involved his team mate, not Lewan, Lewan is reportadly is accused of threatening the victim if she pressed charges. He denies all of this.

Lewan’s name is linked to the police investigation because a friend of the victim’s told Ann Arbor police that he made threats toward the victim in December 2009, according to the police report. Lewan told the friend if the victim did press charges against Gibbons “then I’m going to r*pe her because he didn’t,” according to the report.
“I can say that I’ve never said those things,” Lewan said. “I’ve said a lot of dumb things in my life, but those are not things that I’ve said. But like I said before, that’s definitely a very touchy subject and I would never disrespect a woman like that. I like to consider myself a guy that likes to hold doors instead of threaten people. That’s not the kind of person I am.”
Lewan said he’s personally pained that his name was brought up in connection with the incident.
“It kills me inside,” Lewan said. “I mean knowing that — it probably kills my mother, too. She helped raise me. But yeah, it hurts definitely because the player I am on the field it’s probably really easy to assume all those things about me but that’s not who I am at all.”
Lewan is known for his physical play on the field. He said he’d want his players to play through the whistle if he was a coach and that he wasn’t always that way.
“No, actually when I was in third grade I was a corner and the next year I quit football because I hated being hit,” he said. “I didn’t like being hit, so I was like nervous about that.”
What changed?
“I don’t know,” Lewan said. “I couldn’t tell you what happened, but one thing led to another, my senior year I played offensive tackle and had the opportunity to earn a scholarship to Michigan and kind of just not going to take that for granted, just like I’m not taking this for granted.”
Lewan has had to answer questions about his off-field behavior, both the alleged incident in 2009 and more recent allegations he was involved in a fight after Michigan’s game against Ohio State on Nov. 30. Lewan was one of several people interviewed by Ann Arbor police after an OSU fan said he was assaulted outside an Ann Arbor restaurant. Lewan, who has not been arrested or charged in the incident, denied being in a fight during an interview Dec. 25 before the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in Arizona.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It crosses a line for me. I don't have a problem with giving second chances to guys who get busted for pot, or made bad decisions by taking money from boosters, etc, but some things you just steer clear of.

Yeah, I even advocated bringing in Incognito because what he did I considered part of the same thing that goes on in every locker room. Busting other players chops is all part of the environment. But regarding the quotes that Zeke posted.....what did you expect him to say? With his character flaws already apparent, he certainly wasn't going to come out and say "Yes, I did all that" Of course he's going to deny it. No team in the NFL, not even the Raiders would draft him if he admitted to threatening a r*pe victim. And as far as Britt is concerned, jail 9 times??? I don't take even a chance on a stick of lit dynamite because I know it's going to explode sooner or later. Jail once or twice is a strong warning......jail 9 times is a lifestyle.

I understand the NFL is not a choir practice, but players like these are bad seeds that spread their poison to other players.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I wasnt aware of the 2009 incident until Shopson posted above, then I Googled it. I did read about the football game incident, but to me getting into a fight wasnt that big of a deal. :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have great talent Zeke. But I just have a problem with his character. It may be a mute point anyway. Chances are he won't be drafted by St. Louis. But his past behavior does give you insight into his morals. If he thinks threatening a r*pe victim is OK, it indicates a very non-ethical, self-centered narcissistic individual that will just as easily turn on his team or teammates as he did on this victim. No thanks. Poison in a locker room. That's why they do these extensive interviews with these guys. Professionals know what to expect down the road from certain personality types.

As Shopson said, some things are just out of bounds.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have great talent Zeke. But I just have a problem with his character. It may be a mute point anyway. Chances are he won't be drafted by St. Louis. But his past behavior does give you insight into his morals. If he thinks threatening a r*pe victim is OK, it indicates a very non-ethical, self-centered narcissistic individual that will just as easily turn on his team or teammates as he did on this victim. No thanks. Poison in a locker room. That's why they do these extensive interviews with these guys. Professionals know what to expect down the road from certain personality types.

As Shopson said, some things are just out of bounds.

speaking of knuckleheads...check this out

Greg Reid arrested on parole violation - Turf Show Times

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we are fast becoming the rehab center for ex-felon types or at least those demonstrating offender behavior on more than one occasion. Stands to reason. Fisher has and has fallen in love with a saint-complex, has brought back a coach who "wondered" into questionable territory behaving like snake-boy Pete in Seattle as well and now has two perhaps three of these types of players and will probably will draft Lewan to round it all off. Is Incognito next? What does Fisher do when this all goes south on him? He'll have a mess on his hands if he is not careful.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright.. Alright.... I'm tired of hearing Jacobs philosophy:laugh3: on how to draft, so here's mine.

IMO.... the best case scenario for this team to be competitive ASAP, @ #2,#13 are Clowney/Lewan. That's right, spend all our picks in the trenches and why not take the best in the draft?
Huh?? Think about it, our d-line and o-line would be the best in the division.

on Lewan...
Taylor Lewan on why he's the Best

I like Lewan, He can play Guard or Tackle which is someone we need. We just have to be careful with him because he can be a trouble maker and we have a lot of those on our team already.

Clowney tho? Tell me where is he going to play? Robert Quinn's (the best DE in the League) position ? Do we even know if he can play over on Longs side? Can he play the inside? Is he that versatile? I'm asking because I don't know. So enlighten me. :yahoo:

Why you gotta pick on me homie? haha. You and boss are gonna owe me some ribs come seasons end.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with what you're saying about these troubled players. I just heard that our newly acquired SS/CB Reid got into trouble over the weekend for not checking in with his P.O. :L :doh: :gaah:

We have enough issues with our players having a bad rap. Just look at least year, how many times were we yelling at our TV's for the dumb personal foul penalties? After awhile we expected it because the refs actually started looking for it because we made a bad name for ourselves. Point is why put ourselves in further possible danger of having players suspended or worse because we "take chances" on players. Sure it's worked out ok so far but our time will run out and everyone will want Jeff's head on a platter if things go south.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lewan, He can play Guard or Tackle which is someone we need. We just have to be careful with him because he can be a trouble maker and we have a lot of those on our team already.

Clowney tho? Tell me where is he going to play? Robert Quinn's (the best DE in the League) position ? Do we even know if he can play over on Longs side? Can he play the inside? Is he that versatile? I'm asking because I don't know. So enlighten me. :yahoo:

Why you gotta pick on me homie? haha. You and boss are gonna owe me some ribs come seasons end.

Let me enlighten you.. :tm:
He would rotate in with the rest. They would probably line him up on both sides, DT?? 4DE's?? use your imagination....might even drop him back into coverage once in a while. Keep in mind he has size + speed. With Greg Williams in charge, he will give 100% on every play. He could be Longs replacement next year as well. My only question is "Who's quicker?" Quinn or Clowney?? ......hmmmm :scratch:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me enlighten you.. :tm:
He would rotate in with the rest. They would probably line him up on both sides, DT?? 4DE's?? use your imagination....might even drop him back into coverage once in a while. Keep in mind he has size + speed. With Greg Williams in charge, he will give 100% on every play. He could be Longs replacement next year as well. My only question is "Who's quicker?" Quinn or Clowney?? ......hmmmm :scratch:

Are you really going to compare the best DE in the NFL to a guy that hasn't played a NFL snap? So Clowney runs a faster 40 time. You know Donnie avery ran a faster 40 and shuttle than D Jax. who's the better receiver again? lol. You need to let the combine go and look at game film and where he has actually played.

My question wasn't where the rams would put him, rather, where he has actually played in College. Did he ever line up inside? Play the other side of the line? or dropped back in coverage? etc.
Agreed he could be longs replacement if he works out.