• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Wright leaving?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not sure we have enough information to know how much was on Snyder, and how much was on Wright as the president. The one thing I can say is that the uniforms, including logo and color, were Tanya Snyder. Everyone was clear that with her background, she designed the uniforms.

The marketing piece is the one that we can absolutely say is on Wright and the marketing department, but again, what are the parameters on this that were set by Snyder? And, how much of the name change was also driven by Rivera, who was also out in front of that? Rivera seemed to have a lot of say in some of these things, especially early on before Wright was hired.

did not know that Tanya Snyder designed the uniforms. I knew RR had a big hand in the name change and went the military route b/c he was military.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry wright was awful . I don’t care who “ forced “ him on us , he himself didn’t perform .

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son could have spotted the wrong years on the crest. At what point does the team President step in a let someone, anyone know that what they put together for Sean should not be sold to the fans as a statue reveal. It was insulting.

Taking pictures of the Taylor family in front of Porta-Potties.

Pretending we had a say in the name.

Just not a fan.
How much of that could have been overruled by Danny? I’m not willing to put those things onto Wright, because we all know Snyder’s “in case of glass break emergency” was always stuff for Sean Taylor. It’s absolutely despicable but that’s how Snyder operates.

Super happy With the season-ticket holder improvements and gameday experience. They were really bad under Allen for so many years. While I wont say Wright will be missed, I think we are underselling some positives, and really think he was a figurehead. That was not the case.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that could have been overruled by Danny? I’m not willing to put those things onto Wright, because we all know Snyder’s “in case of glass break emergency” was always stuff for Sean Taylor. It’s absolutely despicable but that’s how Snyder operates.

Super happy With the season-ticket holder improvements and gameday experience. They were really bad under Allen for so many years. While I wont say Wright will be missed, I think we are underselling some positives, and really think he was a figurehead. That was not the case.
I cannot shoot him bail, I just can't.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot shoot him bail, I just can't.
I cannot shoot him bail, I just can't
Not asking for bail, but whenever Wright comes up amongst Commanders fans, it’s just about always the same three things- the name change, uniforms and Sean Taylor. And it’s always the same sentiment- Wright sucks, and he was a sycophant for Snyder and I just don’t think that’s true.

There is much more to a team president than those three things and I think that gets glossed over by many fans. Especially when you factor in what I already mentioned, but he also was out talking to fans almost every game. He was in many of the season-ticket holder focus groups. He was out in the community and wanted our feedback, unlike Bruce Allen when he was in charge of the business side. Under Wright was the first time in many years I felt valued and heard as a season ticket holder, even going back to when my dad had tickets 20 plus years ago.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got the crest wrong. Still didn't do anything toward a new stadium and his contract is up in August. As soon as his contract was up, Harris moved on.

If you like him, that's cool.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder was in Europe most of the time . Wright was incompetent, and should have walked if Snyder was forcing this crap on him .

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got the crest wrong. Still didn't do anything toward a new stadium and his contract is up in August. As soon as his contract was up, Harris moved on.

If you like him, that's cool.
I just think the fans pile onto the hate train, while ignoring that he gave a voice back to the fans and actually wanted to be out and amongst “the people“

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder was in Europe most of the time . Wright was incompetent, and should have walked if Snyder was forcing this crap on him .
Obviously, the seven member Executive Committee of the Green Bay Packers didn’t think Wright incompetent, as he was a finalist for what is essentially an owner’s seat over there.

Completely understand Harris wanting to move on and bring in “his” guy now that the transition is over, but again, we just love to pile onto the negatives for Wright here, and it’s doing him a disservice.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we throw a thread party when he's gone?
This dude insinuated he's set up Harris for success.
How? Ahhhhh yes by losing games and getting Daniels.
Good job, now go get that pedicure before you KICK ROCKS

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we throw a thread party when he's gone?
This dude insinuated he's set up Harris for success.
How? Ahhhhh yes by losing games and getting Daniels.
Good job, now go get that pedicure before you KICK ROCKS
You do realize he was in charge of business operations and did not have anything to do with football? This isn’t the same role that Bruce Allen held when he was in charge of both.

Completely understand that folks can have some frustrations with him on what he was responsible for, but to blame him for the losing on the field is not at all what he was responsible for.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the seven member Executive Committee of the Green Bay Packers didn’t think Wright incompetent, as he was a finalist for what is essentially an owner’s seat over there.

Completely understand Harris wanting to move on and bring in “his” guy now that the transition is over, but again, we just love to pile onto the negatives for Wright here, and it’s doing him a disservice.
His performance here was incompetent whether he was a finalist in Green Bay or not . The packers would have made a huge mistake bringing him in . Every business choice he made stunk period .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this kbos . DEI on the surface looks good and is a great goal . what is happening now is DEI is overriding production and qualifications .
I hate that Jason wasn't good at his job. There are a lot of qualified minorities out there that would kill it here. I believe that. I'm sure he was forced to rubberstamp some things, but he made errors as well.

I hope this doesn't dissuade owners from considering minorities for team President positions.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me throw some shit on this after-the-fact pile-on and simultaneously piss off a bunch of you guys here about Jason Wright.

List any ten of the worse things that happened during his time here and credit them all to him whether or not he was involved, and all ten combined won't be worse than the one positive accomplishment that he was involved in... CHANGING THAT FUCKIN' NAME!! :pound::D:pound::D:pound::D:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me throw some shit on this after-the-fact pile-on and simultaneously piss off a bunch of you guys here about Jason Wright.

List any ten of the worse things that happened during his time here and credit them all to him whether or not he was involved, and all ten combined won't be worse than the one positive accomplishment that he was involved in... CHANGING THAT FUCKIN' NAME!! :pound::D:pound::D:pound::D:pound:
Now that’s funny !

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya Sty. Lol.